4A 4-0

5A 5-0

Miscellaneous 0-1

WesVols Williamson County Poll (to be updated each week):

1)Brentwood Academy

2-1

LW: W @Briarcrest 42-7

NW: MUS (2-1)

-Eagles have better talent/coaching than any other Williamson County team. They should dispose of MUS rather easily, as they did Briarcrest. Blue skies ahead for BA in D2-AAA.

2)Brentwood

1-1

LW: W @Clarksville 42-6

TW: Father Ryan (0-3)

-Everson's passing/running abilities lead the way for the Bruins, with Lifsey's speed complementing the aerial assault magnificently. Add another win to their tally next week...the Father Ryan game will NOT be within 35 points. Region 6-5A belongs to BHS, and is theirs to win or lose -- and I think they will win it.

3)BGA

2-0

LW: W Cheatham Co. 57-0

TW: @ Spring Hill (1-1)

-RB Harlin Hickerson, a 2001 Mr. Football Finalist, is looking like Mr. Football thus far in BGA's 2 wins over MBA and Cheatham County. Spring Hill will not be a test. State championship repeat? Definitely a possibility for the 'Cats.

4)Franklin

3-0

LW: W Henry Co. 59-14

TW: Blackman (2-0)

-QB Josh Refegee has led the Rebels so far, along with the tenacious defense of Cody Green and Zach Anderson. Franklin is off to its best start in years, but could hit a wall against Blackman. This is their first true test. Chances in Region 6-5A? Brentwood and Dickson County are looking better right now, but with the Rebels' offensive productivity the past 2 weeks, they could be a force as well.

5)Centennial

2-0

TW: Bye

NW: @ Page (1-1)

-Centennial has equaled last year's win total (2-8), but they probably won't stop there. QB Alan Veach has effectively led the Cougars' wishbone offense to victory against 2 lightweights (Warren County and Spring Hill), but now looks to perform well against a fellow Williamson County squad. They should do so, and should take home their 3rd victory in as many tries. As far as Region 6-5A, they do not have the depth or talent to contend, but the 4th playoff spot could be theirs for the stealing if the ball bounces their way.

6)Page

1-1

LW: W @Montgomery Central 38-6

TW: Centennial (2-0)

-The Patriots look like a potential 3A contender this year judging from their close contest versus perennial power Trousdale County (L 21-14). They face a big test in Centennial, and have the ability to pull off the upset with a strong effort. They have a shot at the 5-3A title, but Greenbrier and Marshall Co. are also looking very impressive. Playoffs? Definitely.

7)Fairview

2-1

LW: L Loretto 21-27

TW: McEwen (2-1)

-Fairview may be 7th in the County, but in many counties they would challenge for the top 1 to 3. They look better than ever this year, and a lot will be told during their game against McEwen, who is coming off a narrow loss to Jo Byrns. Fairview may not be a dominate team in 2A yet, but they are taking steps in the right direction. 5-2A is a very tough region, however, and the playoff race should be tight; yet I see Fairview taking the 3rd or 4th spot and making a run at the 2nd.

I will update the results/stats/poll every week. Respond with any comments you wish. I'd love to learn more about each team.

[Edited by WesVols on 9-11-02 12:32P]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by WesVols:

BA 2-1

@Brentwood W 17-7

@St. Xavier (OH) L 20-21

@Briarcrest W 42-7

Brentwood HS 1-1

BA L 7-17

@Clarksville W 42-6

BGA 2-0

@MBA W 25-23

Cheatham Co. W 57-0

Centennial HS 2-0

Warren Co. W 35-20

Spring Hill W 27-13

Franklin HS 3-0

Lincoln County W 7-6

@Columbia W 45-14

Henry County W 59-14

Fairview HS 2-1

@Celina W 26-0

@Hickman Co. W 26-3

Loretto L 21-27

Page HS 1-1

Trousdale Co. L 14-21

@Montgomery Cent. W 38-6

Williamson County Statistics (to be updated each week):

Total Record: 13-4

Teams at/above .500: 7

Teams below .500: 0

Total Points For: 502

Total Points Against: 188

Points/Game: 29.5

PA/Game: 11.1

Record Against:

D2-A 0-0

D2-AA 1-0

D2-AAA 1-1

1A 1-0

2A 0-1

3A 1-1

4A 4-0

5A 5-0

Miscellaneous 0-1

WesVols Williamson County Poll (to be updated each week):

1)Brentwood Academy

2-1

LW: W @Briarcrest 42-7

NW: MUS (2-1)

-Eagles have better talent/coaching than any other Williamson County team. They should dispose of MUS rather easily, as they did Briarcrest. Blue skies ahead for BA in D2-AAA.

2)Brentwood

1-1

LW: W @Clarksville 42-6

TW: Father Ryan (0-3)

-Everson's passing/running abilities lead the way for the Bruins, with Lifsey's speed complementing the aerial assault magnificently. Add another win to their tally next week...the Father Ryan game will NOT be within 35 points. Region 6-5A belongs to BHS, and is theirs to win or lose -- and I think they will win it.

3)BGA

2-0

LW: W Cheatham Co. 57-0

TW: @ Spring Hill (1-1)

-RB Harlin Hickerson, a 2001 Mr. Football Finalist, is looking like Mr. Football thus far in BGA's 2 wins over MBA and Cheatham County. Spring Hill will not be a test. State championship repeat? Definitely a possibility for the 'Cats.

4)Franklin

3-0

LW: W Henry Co. 59-14

TW: Blackman (2-0)

-QB Josh Refegee has led the Rebels so far, along with the tenacious defense of Cody Green and Zach Anderson. Franklin is off to its best start in years, but could hit a wall against Blackman. This is their first true test. Chances in Region 6-5A? Brentwood and Dickson County are looking better right now, but with the Rebels' offensive productivity the past 2 weeks, they could be a force as well.

5)Centennial

2-0

TW: Bye

NW: @ Page (1-1)

-Centennial has equaled last year's win total (2-8), but they probably won't stop there. QB Phillip Bates has effectively led the Cougars' wishbone offense to victory against 2 lightweights (Warren County and Spring Hill), but now looks to perform well against a fellow Williamson County squad. They should do so, and should take home their 3rd victory in as many tries. As far as Region 6-5A, they do not have the depth or talent to contend, but the 4th playoff spot could be theirs for the stealing if the ball bounces their way.

6)Page

1-1

LW: W @Montgomery Central 38-6

TW: Centennial (2-0)

-The Patriots look like a potential 3A contender this year judging from their close contest versus perennial power Trousdale County (L 21-14). They face a big test in Centennial, and have the ability to pull off the upset with a strong effort. They have a shot at the 5-3A title, but Greenbrier and Marshall Co. are also looking very impressive. Playoffs? Definitely.

7)Fairview

2-1

LW: L Loretto 21-27

TW: McEwen (2-1)

-Fairview may be 7th in the County, but in many counties they would challenge for the top 1 to 3. They look better than ever this year, and a lot will be told during their game against McEwen, who is coming off a narrow loss to Jo Byrns. Fairview may not be a dominate team in 2A yet, but they are taking steps in the right direction. 5-2A is a very tough region, however, and the playoff race should be tight; yet I see Fairview taking the 3rd or 4th spot and making a run at the 2nd.

I will update the results/stats/poll every week. Respond with any comments you wish. I'd love to learn more about each team.

Great Job on keeping track of the teams in Williamson Co.! :)

It is possible Franklin is real this year... I can't say that is totally due to new coaching, but the upper classman have had a great foundation to build on in previous years. Coach Johnson is the new head coach and it could be he has mixed the pot and added a few spices to make this a really good receipe.

Last night I saw the Rebs pick up a fumble in the end zone of Henry Co and when the play resumed they ran that ball clear to the other end of the field.

The Blackman game should be good!

I like what the Rebs have going for them this year. They are quick (Refegee) and strong (Anderson, Green). Having said this, I don't think they'll beat the Blaze of Blackman this Friday. It won't be a blowout, but I think that Blackman has too many weapons. But good luck to both teams.

Here is the list of Williamson County teams and who they play this week, along with a prediction for each game.

1)Brentwood Academy

BA (2-1) vs. Memphis University School (2-1)

MUS is a talented team featuring a balanced offense. The Owls have attempted 100 rushes for 484 yards in 3 games, while passing the ball 88 times for 542 yards. Their Quarterback is John McCrary. He is 27/45 for 333 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT. Their leading rusher is Derek Clenin, with 49 Rushes for 312 YDS and 9 TD (no other RB has scored this year). Only two receivers -- Hazlehur and Lawhorn, have caught touchdown passes (1 each). The Owls have allowed 595 rushing yards (198/game) and 193 passing yards (84/game) against primarily rushing teams. Their turnover margin is +2, having forced 7 turnovers and given up 5. Overall the Owls have a solid team, but it is a bit one-dimensional in each of its core offensive areas. Clenin is the only strong RB, while only two WRs have made big plays this year. I expect the Brentwood Academy defense to key in on this and win this one without a problem thanks to RBs Townsend, Holbert, and Mustin, as well as the kicking game -- Vaughn and Bliss.

SCORE: BA 27, MUS 7

2)Brentwood

BHS (1-1) vs. Father Ryan (0-3)

Father Ryan is down this year after losing its top 2 players -- WR Billy May and QB Chris Chauvin -- to graduation. They are not one-dimensional, they simply have no strong points. They lost to Franklin County 20-7, managing only 18 rushing yards. The next week, they lost 34-6 to Goodpasture, but the score could have been worse as the Cougars turned it over 5 times. Last week Ryan lost 24-6 to ECS. In short, a lack of offense and a mediocre defense will hurt Father Ryan against the tenacious Austin Everson, Glaydon Lifsey, Luke Steckel, and Stephen Jones.

SCORE: Brentwood 48, Father Ryan 6.

3)Battle Ground Academy

BGA (2-0) vs. Spring Hill (1-1)

The Wildcats are on a roll, having defeated MBA 25-23 and Cheatham County 57-0. Their rushing offense is sharp, led by QB Greer Bickley and RB Harlin Hickerson, a Mr. Football finalist last year. Against the Cubs of Cheatham Co. Hickerson looked like Mr. Football, gaining 115 yards and 4 TD on only 7 carries. That is correct -- 7. Bickley and Hickerson, along with RBs Ryan Karl, Will Holloway, and Jackson Norman look to do more of the same Friday against Spring Hill, who fell 27-13 to Centennial before defeating Lawrence County 26-7 last week. The Raiders, however, are outmatched in this one.

SCORE: BGA 41, Spring Hill 13.

4)Franklin (3-0)

FHS (3-0) vs. Blackman (2-0)

In both teams' most exciting game thus far in this early season, the unbeated Rebels look to knock off one of the 3 Murfreesboro powers, the Blackman Blaze. Franklin is led offensively by QB Josh Refegee, whose rushing abilities have given the Rebs in their first 3 wins over Lincoln County (7-6), Columbia (45-14), and Henry County (59-14). The offense will need to continue its momentum if it wishes to defeat the quick, talented Blaze, who have netted wins over Lincoln County (35-9) and Lavergne (21-17). Blackman appears to be slightly better, and unless Franklin's defense, led by Cody Green and Zach Anderson, can play brilliantly, the Rebels should fall.

SCORE: Blackman 27, Franklin 13.

5)Centennial (2-0)

CHS (2-0) vs. Page (1-1)

Newsflash: Centennial is undefeated. And they have played well, although they have not yet been severely tested (35-20 vs Warren County, 27-13 vs Spring Hill). Their wishbone offense, led by QB Alan Veach, has looked good, and it must shine again Friday if the Cougars wish to beat Page, who narrowly fell to Trousdale County (21-14) and beat Montgomery Central (38-6). Page is not as big or quick, but does stand a chance if it can establish rhythm early in the contest. I don't think they will pull it out, however.

SCORE: Centennial 21, Page 13.

6)Page -- SEE ABOVE

7)Fairview (2-1)

Fairview (2-1) vs McEwen (2-1)

These teams appear pretty even on paper. Fairview beat two mediocre teams -- Celina 27-0 and 4A Hickman County 26-3 -- while losing to Loretto 27-21. McEwen, meanwhile, beat Stewart Co. (28-6), Perry Co. (42-19), and lost to Jo Byrns 15-12. I like Fairview in a close one.

SCORE: Fairview 16, McEwen 13.

[Edited by WesVols on 9-11-02 12:33P]

Hey Wes Vol...you must really live in the heart of Brentwood....I guess us winning against two "MEDIOCRE" teams is not worth maybe bragging a little like you did the other county schools.Man I heard Cheatam County you know the ones that BGA barley beat was in contention for the staa championship...and Montgomery Central..the ones that Page played and the same Mont.Central that Fairvew drilled in the first scrimmage game...and thenBrentwood playing Clarksville W...give me a break...If you are going to brag about the county at least be fair......You failed to mention that you have one Williamson County tailback that is leading the Mid-State in rushing and scoring but since he plays for Fairview and not one of the Brentwood teams I reckon you just sorta forgot.I think you also forgot that Fairview is the smallest school in Williamson County so we sorta have to play schools our size so that mean we will probably play some more mediocre teams in the future.I like the post but please in the furtue be a little more fair...........no matter which team it is!!!!!!!!!

Great insight...We've got some great football being played in this county with alot of great kids, yes Fairview, you are included. Keep up the good work. And for any county fans that didn't see it, the Tennessean had a good article and Al Veach and the qb situation at Centennial. It was a week or so ago, but it is still on the page I believe.

BOBBY22 -- I apologize for apparently offending you concerning my comments regarding the Fairview football team. Let me say a couple of things in my defense:

1)I respect Fairview's abilities greatly. You criticized me for not knowing about Fairview's running back who leads the Midstate in rushing. Yet allow me to direct you to my original post, which stated that I can't be EVERYWHERE on Friday nights; nor do I know everything about every team. I am a student with 3 AP classes and a busy life -- I'm not omniscient. In that post I said that I'd LOVE to learn more about the teams in Williamson County...so thanks for slightly informing me. But if you want me to know about and research the guy, at least tell me his name. Tell me all about Fairview's team, in fact. You're right, I don't know as much about Fairview or Page as I do the rest of the county's teams, but that's why I haven't written as much about them. I DO know that Celina is mediocre AT BEST, and Montgomery Central is NO powerhouse. Yes, you beat 2 mediocre teams, while losing a game you perhaps should have won against Loretto.

2)As far as my coverage of other teams, I mentioned the blowout Brentwood had over Clarksville (implying that Clarksville is not a great team), the shellacking BGA put on Cheatham County (i claimed that the game WAS NOT a test), and Centennial's wins came over two teams that are not exactly state title contenders.

BOBBY22, I hope this answers your questions and concerns. You're right, I am not a Fairview football expert, but I think I do a pretty good job of covering more teams than my own and presenting an unbiased opinion. If you want me to have more informative posts about your school, tell me about your school and consider it done. If I have something to research, I will do so. So tell me about Fairview. I'll say it again: I'd love to learn. It's not about a lack of respect, it's about a lack of knowledge. Thanks, though, for the comment, and have a nice day.