Week 5 matches

akula21

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenoir City is a good team. They have a pretty good attack, good midfield, and a talented sweeper who always seems to make the right decisions and disrupt a good attack. But I'm not sure if that's their usual sweeper. We played them in a scrimmage.

He is our usual sweeper, but in the middle of the second half he collided with someone during a corner and got a concusion, he's doing well now though.

Wow!! any details?

Lenoir City scored first in the first half and in the first 10 or 15 minutes of the second half Bearden tied it up. In the second half the game was very physical and very intense, with 3 or 4 yellow cards and 2 red cards in the whole game. In the second half Bearden had us on the defensive mostly but our defense held up against them. It was probably the hardest fought game i've ever played in. Its a good way to turn our team in the right direction though

Dyersburg 1

Brighton 0

Dyersburg jv 2

Brighton jv 1

Dyersburg played a very talented Brighton team. Dyersburg's senior keeper William Lay and defender Evan Jones played an awesome game and senior midfielder Andrew Ford played with enormous leadership and heart. Freshmen Will Fowlkes #1, Sean Stapleton #9, Nic Berry #7 and Clark Harrington and Ryland Guthrie played with unbelievable control and talent last night. the 2nd half was an exciting game to watch. Well done to both teams

Wow!! any details?

L.C. had the wind the first half and took advantage of a Bearden team that seemed a little rusty. Where is Bearden practicing? I drive by their field on my way home from work, but I haven't seen anyone on their field the past week. I'm guessing this is due to the condition of their field. Anyway, possession in the first half was 50/50. Second half the game continued to become more and more physical with Bearden controlling and attacking. Bearden scored about ten minutes into the second half. Game was halted fifteen minutes into the second half when L.C.'s sweeper got knocked out. The stop in action probably helped L.C. as they aren't very deep and looked tired. Game resumed with Bearden attacking and play continuing to be chippy. Two hard reds were given due to punches being thrown (but not landed). Game ended 10 on 10. Bearden is not down this year. They will be a contender.

L.C. had the wind the first half and took advantage of a Bearden team that seemed a little rusty. Where is Bearden practicing? I drive by their field on my way home from work, but I haven't seen anyone on their field the past week. I'm guessing this is due to the condition of their field. Anyway, possession in the first half was 50/50. Second half the game continued to become more and more physical with Bearden controlling and attacking. Bearden scored about ten minutes into the second half. Game was halted fifteen minutes into the second half when L.C.'s sweeper got knocked out. The stop in action probably helped L.C. as they aren't very deep and looked tired. Game resumed with Bearden attacking and play continuing to be chippy. Two hard reds were given due to punches being thrown (but not landed). Game ended 10 on 10. Bearden is not down this year. They will be a contender.

Who got the red? Bearden or Lenoir City

The wind didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the first half and I don't think the team that was undefeated was a little rusty

If they are not practicing I would say they would be rusty. No offense to Lenoir City, but Bearden had to have an off night.

Back to back years for Bearden to have an "off night" against LC.....the 2008 result was 2-2. Maybe you should give a little credit to LC players and coaches. Fluke, off night// good excuse for one match but back to back ties should earn the LC boys a bit of respect.

yeah last year we did tie bearden as well 2-2. id just like to say that Lenoir City hasn't has the greatest season so far and last night we turned it around. it wasn't just them being rusty, they had plenty of shots and we're geetting plenty mad during the course, LC just dug in dedep until the whistle blew. Juan Granados got the red card for Lc, number 23 got it from Bearden.(some red haired kid)