Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this school should have to play all private schools. It is not fair to the other schools who do not get to recruitt. They should win what's there to say. They have an unfair advantage. It's very hard for a public school to match up with this type school.

...And Hillsboro should only play open enrollment schools, and all Magnets should only play magnets, yadda yadda yadda........

this school should have to play all private schools. It is not fair to the other schools who do not get to recruitt. They should win what's there to say. They have an unfair advantage. It's very hard for a public school to match up with this type school.

...And Hillsboro should only play open enrollment schools, and all Magnets should only play magnets, yadda yadda yadda........

I can’t resist this. You are wasting your breath or fingers in this case. THEY will never see your point and NEVER admit that there is an uneven playing field. I have heard it all from THEM before. THEY win over rural schools because of superior coaching, facilities, work ethic and/or intelligence, yadda yadda yadda. It has nothing to do with THEM being able to bring in a kid or two to take them to the next level. If you took a player like Cunningham off that team last year THEY would have been just as successful. I guess my question is how successful would your team be if you had the same opportunity to add a player like him?

I can’t resist this. You are wasting your breath or fingers in this case. THEY will never see your point and NEVER admit that there is an uneven playing field. I have heard it all from THEM before. THEY win over rural schools because of superior coaching, facilities, work ethic and/or intelligence, yadda yadda yadda. It has nothing to do with THEM being able to bring in a kid or two to take them to the next level. If you took a player like Cunningham off that team last year THEY would have been just as successful. I guess my question is how successful would your team be if you had the same opportunity to add a player like him?

Ask the folks at ClarkRange girls basketball - they have transfers come in from everywhere - u got to know how to work the transfer system in publis schools - all legit.........

Ask the folks at ClarkRange girls basketball - they have transfers come in from everywhere - u got to know how to work the transfer system in publis schools - all legit.........

Let me make sure that everyone understands what I’m saying. I don’t think that Goodpasture is cheating. I think that they are going by the rules lay down for them. If I were in their situation I would most likely do the same thing. The thing that bothers me that they try to pretend that everything is equal and all things are the same when they are not. Just say yea we get a few players that make us better every year that you can’t get. They have a draw that rural schools don’t have. If GP were in a small town 45 miles away from the next larger town then they wouldn’t have the success that they have, because they would not have the opportunity encourage kids that can impact their program to attend their school. Hey keep on keeping on, but don’t act like we all have the same opportunity and are just not getting it done.

Let me make sure that everyone understands what I’m saying. I don’t think that Goodpasture is cheating. I think that they are going by the rules lay down for them. If I were in their situation I would most likely do the same thing. The thing that bothers me that they try to pretend that everything is equal and all things are the same when they are not. Just say yea we get a few players that make us better every year that you can’t get. They have a draw that rural schools don’t have. If GP were in a small town 45 miles away from the next larger town then they wouldn’t have the success that they have, because they would not have the opportunity encourage kids that can impact their program to attend their school. Hey keep on keeping on, but don’t act like we all have the same opportunity and are just not getting it done.

Clarkrange public is smaller than Hooterville on Green Acres - went undefeated and won state in Basketball they got girls lined up to transfer there.......

Let me make sure that everyone understands what I’m saying. I don’t think that Goodpasture is cheating. I think that they are going by the rules lay down for them. If I were in their situation I would most likely do the same thing. The thing that bothers me that they try to pretend that everything is equal and all things are the same when they are not. Just say yea we get a few players that make us better every year that you can’t get. .

Clarkrange public is smaller than Hooterville on Green Acres - went undefeated and won state in Basketball they got girls lined up to transfer there.......

Below is a quote from the offical Goodpasture Websight. :)

http://goodpasturefootball.com/index.ph ... 5&Itemid=1

Welcome back to Carter’s Corner on the GP Football Website. Each week you will receive the inside scoop on Goodpasture football during the upcoming season. As with any season, there are always changes. One obvious change is the helmet design. Another change is the significant size in the interior line.

Last year on third down and short the Cougars went with their Jumbo Package up front. This year the team is large enough to go "Jumbo" on every play. The Cougars largest offensive lineman last year was #72 Kyle Taylor @ 245 pounds. This year Taylor has been moved to center and is the smallest starting offensive lineman. What a difference a year makes. The line averages nearly 300 pounds which is larger than several NFL teams.

Left tackle is now anchored by Big Keith Blanton who checks in @ 6'7 327 pounds. This guy is a human wrecking machine who transferred from Sycamore and sat out almost all of last season. He is a nice insurance policy as he protects the blind side of the young QB. He will be playing on Saturday next year as college scouts salivate at his physical size and skills. Right now, he has Texas & Marshall very high on his list. His quick feet and size is what the recruiters love at his position.

The right tackle is Deandre Carney, a transfer from Antioch . Carney is 6'6 332 pounds & is only a rising junior with a lot of talent. No wonder the tailbacks have a smile on their face.

Below is a quote from the offical Goodpasture Websight. :)

http://goodpasturefootball.com/index.ph ... 5&Itemid=1

Welcome back to Carter’s Corner on the GP Football Website. Each week you will receive the inside scoop on Goodpasture football during the upcoming season. As with any season, there are always changes. One obvious change is the helmet design. Another change is the significant size in the interior line.

Last year on third down and short the Cougars went with their Jumbo Package up front. This year the team is large enough to go "Jumbo" on every play. The Cougars largest offensive lineman last year was #72 Kyle Taylor @ 245 pounds. This year Taylor has been moved to center and is the smallest starting offensive lineman. What a difference a year makes. The line averages nearly 300 pounds which is larger than several NFL teams.

Left tackle is now anchored by Big Keith Blanton who checks in @ 6'7 327 pounds. This guy is a human wrecking machine who transferred from Sycamore and sat out almost all of last season. He is a nice insurance policy as he protects the blind side of the young QB. He will be playing on Saturday next year as college scouts salivate at his physical size and skills. Right now, he has Texas & Marshall very high on his list. His quick feet and size is what the recruiters love at his position.

The right tackle is Deandre Carney, a transfer from Antioch . Carney is 6'6 332 pounds & is only a rising junior with a lot of talent. No wonder the tailbacks have a smile on their face.

:geek::):)

It's really funny to read about all the so called football fans who like to bash goodpasture for various reasons, but thats what happens to a superior program they get hammered. But thats ok GP'S players put their pants on just like the rural schools players do, and get slapped with a 1.8 multiplier. So does that make it an even playing field, I say it don't the publics get to bus the students in from different locations. Well maybe some of these rural whiners will get the chance to play ALCOA which is a public school and get to see how a real public school plays football, but the way ya'll whine I don't think you will ever get the opportunity to play the MIGHTY TORNADOES

Fact is Alcoa is not a typical rural school and Blount County is not tucked away from all access to a large population of athletes. I admire Alcoa and say more power to them, but they are not your typical rural school system. Let me also say again, I don’t think that GP cheats in bringing in their players from other communities (which they do). Fact is GP gets athletes that rural schools can’t get which gives them an uneven playing field. Heck if you gave our school pick of several big time players we would be more than happy to multiple by 1.8 because it don’t equal out. I would feel much better about the private schools if instead of having the attitude of “we beat you so you look for excuses” if you just said we beat you because we can get better players. As far as the last comment; “bash goodpasture for various reasons” I think the reasons are very clear if you would listen. “superior program they get hammered” & ALCOA which is a public school This is the universal private answer to all questions concerns uneven playing field. “GP'S players put their pants on just like the rural schools players do” This is the truest statement made, they do put them on they just don’t go to the school in which they live after they get them on.