Cannon County

Gridiron88

this is a wish, the person we need is not going to get the nod....The person doesn't have a piece of paper to qualify him...that's the way it works in America these days. business, school systems governments don't hire you if you don't have a piece of paper that states you've been to a class, sat down, listened to a professor and passed a test. It's insane that we put so much emphasis on a piece of paper. I don't believe Bill Gates finished college??????

They are going to hire a former director and leave the county in shambles...It would be a better hire if the other choice had a piece of paper to qualify for the job....sad state of affairs in the American business world.....

Who are they going to hire? Where has that person been a director? This is getting interesting.

And it is not too hard to get that piece of paper. Depending on the degrees held, it could be a simple matter of taking a test. But isf he doesnt at least have a masters, then it take a while.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my understanding the person they will hire for the director of Schools held the position in the past. Several people upset that the school board would make this move. Wasn't great the first time and doesn"t sound like it will be the 2nd time around

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it..."

Sorry to hear that the future may not be too bright for Cannon County education. Thats a shame.

Shrenk came to talk to the basketball players about playing football the other day? Coach Rigsby must really trust the fact that his boys are committed, I'm not sure how many coaches would do that. I'm all for sharing and working together but don't think I'd invite this guy in when I don't even know him. I'm not sure I agree with Coach Rigsby on that one, his guys should be worried about summer camps. Are Coach Shrenks #'s that bad where he has to recruit basketball players? If he wins games like Barger, he won't have to recruit. Let the Wins do the talking. Just my opinion. Build your own program like Matt has had to do. He didn't ask for any help, or ever asked anyone to play. Good luck Coach Shrenk, I'll be rooting for you and your guys, all you need is 11 who buy in and work hardbut there are approximately 350 males at the school to recruit, you can be fine without the 20 or so basketball players. Matt, do yourself a favor and continue to build how you've been building-without any help or outside interference. Go Lions!

How is he taking away from basketball? that is the main problem with football at CC. How many basketball players played football the past few years? Toombs, Bailey, Woodin. I believe all were pretty good players. Small schools must share athletes. That is a fact. There are no Division I basketball kids at CC or even DII for that matter. Each sport can help the other. I remember when CC had a basketball coach that told his kids not to play football. He won like 8 games in two years and lost several good athletes. The kids will play both sports and do fine. I cant believe what has been posted. Leave the basketball players alone they have enough work to do? They cant do anything other than lift weights and condition from July to end of October. Why not have them competing in another sport that teaches discipline, hard work, and, helps them become physical on the basketball court. I couldnt resist and I cant wait for spy to hop in with me. I believe he will support what I have posted.

Cannon County has a new high school principal, the AD Tim Knox was announced as the new principal...It's got to be an improvement.....Good Luck tim you have a mess to clean up from the previous one

Hiring the AD bodes well for athletics! Now what about the director? Got one yet?

Cannon County has a new high school principal, the AD Tim Knox was announced as the new principal...It's got to be an improvement.....Good Luck tim you have a mess to clean up from the previous one

Coach Knox will do a good job as principle, now I wonder who will be in charge of appointing a new athletic director? A new culture is needed and a new face and leader for all the athletics at CCHS. There is so many great things that can be done at CCHS with athletics right now

the Status of the school Adminastration is in shambles....

It's a battle of home grown vs those who want change...Not the kind you get with Obama...3 of the 5 want an outsider and 2 want someone who is local. I would say outside would be a good choice, but wouldn't have the support of the local people...

So it needs to be someone who is strong, former Cannon County resident and can get the local support...the gossip trail leads us to a person who is a powerful speaker that wants the job but needs a few months to get the proper accredidation (sp). If the troops could formulate a deal to let this person take the job at the minimum salary and get his requirements in a pre-determined time frame or that person would be removed, it would probably be a good move. this person has been at the 5A level and has been very succcessful (don't worry dodge the person doesn't want your job) I would say it could be a good hire and it would probably work out. Especially good since Cannon County is a basketball county. Wake up the person is right under your nose....Go get the deal done.

The Principle (former) has made some kind of deal to get out of the high school ranks and go to one of the local county feeder (elementary) schools. the Deal was made just before the director of schools stepped down, so it has deal making all over it...My understanding from local gossip, there are some very unhappy folks where the (former) principle is taking up shop....(just gossip)...

Anyway that's the latest let's see what Gannon and the rest of them do......Great opportunity but will they have the knowledge to close the deal...time will tell....check back later....As the world turns Cannon County version

Spy, that hire would have been a dream come true and the boat would have finally been rocked in Cannon County and that is what is needed. all of that person's stratigies are proven and are succesful the only problem is he would do things the right way and we never do the smart thing in Cannon Co.

Shrenk came to talk to the basketball players about playing football the other day? Coach Rigsby must really trust the fact that his boys are committed, I'm not sure how many coaches would do that. I'm all for sharing and working together but don't think I'd invite this guy in when I don't even know him. I'm not sure I agree with Coach Rigsby on that one, his guys should be worried about summer camps. Are Coach Shrenks #'s that bad where he has to recruit basketball players? If he wins games like Barger, he won't have to recruit. Let the Wins do the talking. Just my opinion. Build your own program like Matt has had to do. He didn't ask for any help, or ever asked anyone to play. Good luck Coach Shrenk, I'll be rooting for you and your guys, all you need is 11 who buy in and work hardbut there are approximately 350 males at the school to recruit, you can be fine without the 20 or so basketball players. Matt, do yourself a favor and continue to build how you've been building-without any help or outside interference. Go Lions!

Schools much larger than yours share athletes, so I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to do so there. I would be thankful that your new coach is trying to increase numbers for football, and I would be thankful that your BB coach is being cooperative with the FB coach. This is a win/win for everyone involved. Your attitude toward this is hard to believe.

How is he taking away from basketball? that is the main problem with football at CC. How many basketball players played football the past few years? Toombs, Bailey, Woodin. I believe all were pretty good players. Small schools must share athletes. That is a fact. There are no Division I basketball kids at CC or even DII for that matter. Each sport can help the other. I remember when CC had a basketball coach that told his kids not to play football. He won like 8 games in two years and lost several good athletes. The kids will play both sports and do fine. I cant believe what has been posted. Leave the basketball players alone they have enough work to do? They cant do anything other than lift weights and condition from July to end of October. Why not have them competing in another sport that teaches discipline, hard work, and, helps them become physical on the basketball court. I couldnt resist and I cant wait for spy to hop in with me. I believe he will support what I have posted.

forgive me if I didn't state my point too clearly-I'm simply saying it is my opinion that Winning is the best way to recruit, rather than have to go speak to others. Sure you ask guys to come out to play, I just thought there might have been a better way to do it instead of catching the guys while they're at basketball practice. IMO, at that time, they're focus should be on basketball. He can ask them off the floor anytime he must. By the way, I did state previously that I had no problem sharing atheletes. Coach Shrenk, good luck!

Warrior-from July to October basketball players can and should be working on their shot, those aren't wasted months. If you are dedicated to improving.