7AAA

coachof3

Too bad that means crap in post season.

[/quote

Thats nice Rats, you totally disappear from the boards after Siegel gets beat and then not 15 minutes after Riverdale loses, you feel the need to pile on, thats first class.

Anyway, Congrats to Columbia for their 3-2 overtime victory over the warriors. Riverdale up 2-0 at halftime, but second half Columbia played better. Didn't see that one coming. Looks like Riverdale goes to Cleveland and Columbia hosts McMinn on Saturday. Better have their "A" game cuz Cleveland is a top rated team. Good luck Warriors

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia has scored 26 goals this year and their opponents have scored 17.

Riverdale has scored 60 goals this year and their opponents have scored 11.

You be the judge

I'd say its best to leave the past in the past.............It was one hard fought battle by both teams and one of the best second half comebacks i've seen in sometime.

Now I'm definitly not blaming the loss on the refs, but they did not control the game. columbia had 2 dirty plays early, a cleats up tackle by #21 and the last man foul on Pleitez could both have easily been red cards. From there, the center kept the whistle in his pocket when it should've been in his mouth, and vice versa.

But overall, Riverdale couldn't get the ball out of their half in the 2nd half and most of the OT. And that's why Columbia created the opportunities they did.

Now I'm definitly not blaming the loss on the refs, but they did not control the game. columbia had 2 dirty plays early, a cleats up tackle by #21 and the last man foul on Pleitez could both have easily been red cards. From there, the center kept the whistle in his pocket when it should've been in his mouth, and vice versa.

But overall, Riverdale couldn't get the ball out of their half in the 2nd half and most of the OT. And that's why Columbia created the opportunities they did.

Those so called dirty plays went both ways last night. I assume you missed the play late in the game where your defender #4 i believe took down the little mid fielder #23 in the box. BUt those things happen whereever you play or so it seems.

The tackle by #21 definitely could have gotten a straight red, but not many refs are gonna call that that early in the game. If #21 had been thrown out, the result would have been different because #21 played like a beast out there. Every goal kick by Columbia, #21 was first to the ball in the air with headers that continued the ball toward the Riverdale goal. His throw ins were another reason they kept the pressure on as the first goal came off his throw in. Also the sweeper had some major speed and was able to stop a couple of breakaways in the second half.

Just because Eli is tall and Payne is small, they both went up for a 50/50 header, and Eli wins almost every ball that comes his way. Definitly not a foul, and I know it went both ways, but it seemed Columbia got a few more call than us.

And again, I'm not blaming our loss and solely the refs, our effort and finishing was off and we were punished.

Straight from the ref's mouth on the penalty kick to the goalie" You came out and creamed him". The penalty was not awarded because of a foul on Carson, the sweeper, it was on Kirby, the keeper. Just to clear that up

Just like most games both teams can look at the ref and say he called against them I think the ref over all did a good job! I did not agree with the pk I feel the goalie had a right to come out and get the ball he played the ball not the player, even though he missed. but my opinion. It looked as if Coumbia dug a little bit deeper when they got tired than Riverdale did. Good luck to both teams, they both have tough games ahead. Some great soccer was played last nite!

I was not there but did Riverdale pack it in when they were up 2-0 or keep playing the way that got them to 2-0? It seems that when they go up in the past they forget to play offence other than fast breaks or cleared balls. I only say it because they usually do it early after taking the lead instead of late to save the lead.

I believe Columbia was the underdog in their District tourni.

The way i see it, there defence is amazing and keeping the goals off,

There offence needs to make a step up,

Despite their offence not being as productive as others, heart is what this team seems to be thriving on,

Riverdale played hard, but Columbia was well more in shape, and prepared for the second half.

Columbia has a game tomarrow at 7:00pm. I can see the score being 2-1. Columbia