2009 All-State

Indian

Call their coach and ask him if she started in the 8th grade if u don't believe me beacuse she did. If you remember her freshman year how bad they struggled to start the season without her a point when she had a broken hand a didnt play until christmas. Just because your opinion is different doesnt make it right. I would take wallsmith all day. Not saying TT isnt good because she is a great talent but u guys are also blowing her up way too much. Like i said previously let her career happen before you crown her.

We've both said we thought Molly should have been on the team..I'd take her any time if I were a coach..I just think T T's a better overall player except for shooting but T.T. is still going to score as many points...But we could argue this all day..and probably will into the season next year..Just going to say Congrats to Molly..She made the team..T.T. didn't..!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There certainly does seem to be a Middle Tennessee bias, but that's understandable. We are talking about the press that is voting here. Middle Tennessee is the population center of the state. I'm not knocking any of those chosen in any classification because I'm sure they all are quality players. Congratulations to those chosen. However, there wasn't a single D1A or D1AA selection despite sending 3 teams to the state tourney. Mikki Oliver (Hampton), Mariah Pietrowski (Elizabethton) and Rechelle Dye (South Greene) probably all should have made the team at a minimum from District 1. In A it's hard to believe that Clarkrange got 4 players on the team. I saw them play and they were truly a great team, but 4 all-staters? Likewise with 3 selections from Pickett County. All quality players, but not all in the top 15 in the state. That's hard to believe when you consider Gibson Co. only got 2 members on the AA team. In my opinion Gibson County might have been the best team in the state regardless of classification. Just my 2 cents...

Well I think everyone that got it in 7a deserved it its a tough district.

And yes RBS only won about 12 games but Layce Colter deserved it.

She is hard to defend and if she wanted to she could score at any time. Sometimes

she should've went ahead and took it herself but she didnt she isnt a selfish player.

I have seen her play many times and let me tell you she is fun to watch. I am just proud to see her

on there she deserves every bit of it even though they didnt have a good season.

Congrats to every player that made it!

TT can't dribble with her left hand! I watched her 3 or 4 times this year and if you force her to go left, she turns it over every time. I'm sure she is capable, but it goes to show that she does have some flaws in her game. She's an OUTSTANDING player to be a Freshman, but to say that no one could guard her 1 on 1 is a lie. She'll be a Ms. Basketball finalist by her Senior year, no doubt! However, she'll have to learn how to dribble with that left hand in order to make it to a major college.

TT can't dribble with her left hand! I watched her 3 or 4 times this year and if you force her to go left, she turns it over every time. I'm sure she is capable, but it goes to show that she does have some flaws in her game. She's an OUTSTANDING player to be a Freshman, but to say that no one could guard her 1 on 1 is a lie. She'll be a Ms. Basketball finalist by her Senior year, no doubt! However, she'll have to learn how to dribble with that left hand in order to make it to a major college.

I'm glad all the teams couldn't stop her from going to her right or Lake Co would have lost every game..I'm sure a lot of players have some things to work on at 13 years old...I should maybe have reworded my post..sure didn't mean to lie..There may actually be a handful in Single A that could play her one on one..Gibson Co may even have one..!

• 2 months later...

Bigster,

How about TT ranked higher than Heather Butler. You tried to tell them but now that Rick Bolus has spoke that makes it official. Ha!

TT must have really improved since the All State voting, I still cant get over Pickett County having 3 All Staters and all of west Tennessee only had two players. It makes the voters look pretty silly.

Bigster,

How about TT ranked higher than Heather Butler. You tried to tell them but now that Rick Bolus has spoke that makes it official. Ha!

TT must have really improved since the All State voting, I still cant get over Pickett County having 3 All Staters and all of west Tennessee only had two players. It makes the voters look pretty silly.

I have never said she was better than Butler.....Don't get Pioneer on me...lol..I just told everyone that she was going to really help Lake Co as a freshman but most people from other schools said she and Lake Co were going to be too young..I said she was better than most middle school players coming up and has great speed..All I've been saying all along is that she should have been on the Sports Writers all state team..Not saying she is better than Butler or any other junior or senior players acroos the state..Just that she is one of the top 5 incoming sophomores..And according to Bolus..the top sophomore...I believe only Lake Leonard was over her as far as Single A players..And T.T. is only a 10th grader..Sure seems funny that she has improved so much to make the Bolus list but not be mentioned on the Sportswriters..She has some things to work on but is very fast and strong for her size..You said you thought she was better than Wallsmith but Wallsmith made the Sportswriters team..Bolus has T.T. ranked higher than Wallsmith..I think Molly should have been on the Sportswriters team but T.T. should have been also..I'm looking for some good things from both Molly and T.T. this year..Would love to have them together..lol..Maybe then we could make a run at Clarkrange..I wouldn't mind having a couple of the Jacket players either,although I would prefer Jordan Gailey myself..,.I guess it doesn't hurt to dream..Too bad our schools aren't 3 miles apart where we could just go to which ever school our players or families wanted..!

A little too much blame is being put on the Middle Tennessee Media, due primarily to the location advantage.

The bigger question: Did anyone from Bristol, Johnson City, Kingsport, Elizabethton, Greeneville attend the meeting? Did anyone even bother to email nomination(s) to those in charge? I've done so in the past, and the staff there has been very prompt and cordial.

But regardless, Mikki Oliver, Mariah Pietrowski, and Rechelle Dye should have made All-State.

Perhaps in the near future electronic voting will be allowed.

A little too much blame is being put on the Middle Tennessee Media, due primarily to the location advantage.

The bigger question: Did anyone from Bristol, Johnson City, Kingsport, Elizabethton, Greeneville attend the meeting? Did anyone even bother to email nomination(s) to those in charge? I've done so in the past, and the staff there has been very prompt and cordial.

But regardless, Mikki Oliver, Mariah Pietrowski, and Rechelle Dye should have made All-State.

Perhaps in the near future electronic voting will be allowed.

Clearly, something is flawed in the selection process. I will not bad-mouth any of the selectees, but you will never convince me that Oliver was not one of the state's top 15 single A players and Pietrowski and Dye in AA. It is a shame that players have all-state careers and are left off the team. I also think that the team loses its luster when the selection process fails to select the best players from across the state. Fix it please!

Clearly, something is flawed in the selection process. I will not bad-mouth any of the selectees, but you will never convince me that Oliver was not one of the state's top 15 single A players and Pietrowski and Dye in AA. It is a shame that players have all-state careers and are left off the team. I also think that the team loses its luster when the selection process fails to select the best players from across the state. Fix it please!

AMEN