Franklin/Blackman

fhsTE84

Yea right. Bretwood and franklin better than RHS, OHS, and Blackman....ahahaha. It has been said and i will say it again, even tho i dont much care for rhs, all 3 of those teams are better than brentwood and fhs. maybe brentwood could beat them on a good night, but, fhs, no way. it dont matter what has happened in the last 2 weeks. 4-5a is the hardest region in the state, with 3 of the top teams in the state in it. when fhs plays some1 good, and gives them a good shalacking, then come talk to me....until then, i will laugh at the thought of them being as good as rhs, ohs, or bhs(blackman)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by StanTrott:

I wish I could see this game. If Franklin beats Blackman, it will send shock waves throughout middle Tennessee.

I think there will be a big difference in the quality of the opposition Franklin will face this week.

Could be a close game, but history indicates that Blackman is a favorite in this game.

I agree with you, but just to remind u, bhs only has 1 year of history...so.....but anyway, bhs will be with out rico turner. this is the only reason the game will be close. or the only reason bhs loses.

Posted by olineathlete:
Posted by StanTrott:

I wish I could see this game. If Franklin beats Blackman, it will send shock waves throughout middle Tennessee.

I think there will be a big difference in the quality of the opposition Franklin will face this week.

Could be a close game, but history indicates that Blackman is a favorite in this game.

I agree with you, but just to remind u, bhs only has 1 year of history...so.....but anyway, bhs will be with out rico turner. this is the only reason the game will be close. or the only reason bhs loses.

Already making excuses

I don't know if the Earl Nall ratings I just reviewed are the most current, but he has Franklin ranked higher than Blackman. And the Tennesean top 10 for the midstate indicates that Gallatin beat out Franklin...but no word on Blackman.

No doubt this game will answer some questions. Big Game!

If I had to bet money, I would still pick Blackman.

Posted by StanTrott:

Well, I don't think history applies in this case. Blackman for all intense and purposes has no history and Franklin's team isn't a typical Rebel football team. Now whether they're better than Riverdale or Oakland, well, I wouldn't know. But I do know that they are pretty good. It has to be one of the most talented teams Franklin has had in a while. They can throw and run the ball well. Their defense is stifiling. Granted, they've only played three games, and they haven't been against the strongest opponents but still, you can tell a lot after three games, I don't care who you've played. OK, now that I've rambled on for a while, I'll say what I think about this Friday night. Franklin will be ready. They know that no one except themselves and some of their fans respect them, but I don't think that they care. Blackman will bring their A-game, but so will the Rebels. I would say that FHS will win by 1 to 2 touchdowns.

I've not seen Franklin this year, but I saw Blackman only once in a preseason scrimmage with my team, Centennial. Blackman did not impress me then. They looked like a one man show. The final score was 26-12, I think, and Rico Turner did all the damage for Blackman, and got most of it on 3 carries (one 70yd td and two other runs of 30+). Other than that, Centennial dominated. Forced 5 turnovers and ran the ball consistently. Blackman looked, physically, to be far superior. Much faster, very strong, and much, much deeper. But Centennial flat outplayed them. Although I did see Blackman on tape from a spring scrimmage between the two schools, and they looked much better then, winning by 2 or 3 TD's i think. Though, the hilite of that game was a full team brawl between the squads.

So, if Rico Turner is out, I may have to go with Franklin. Too much offense, and too well balanced. A close one though, because Blackman is FAST...27-24.

Bo I commend you for your support of your team, but first off Rico Turner did not scrimmage against your team. Secondly Nine Blackman Starters sat out of the scrimmage. I commend Centennial on their effort that day. They were the better team and much improved. But when Maupin sits out, Turner sits out and five defenseive starters as well as four offensive starters sit out Blackman is not very good. in the spring the score was 49-6 Blackman. Centennail is much improved and I wish them well. Franklin is the best team Blackman has faced so far this year. Blackman will not over look them. They have alot of good athletes and many of Blackman's coaches watched them play Lincoln County. So Everyone needs to play the game on Friday and not on the internet. Slim 589 can back everything that I am saying up