New Era in Bradford

westtnbball2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a knock on Coach Paschall, he is a good guy. But a key reason for Bradford's success over the past 5 years has been talent (Proudfit, Oliver, Tubbs, Wallsmith and others). The Paschall memory that will always stick out in my mind is the technical foul midway through the second quarter in the '08 semifinal against Clarkrange that probably cost them a trip to the state tournament game.

However, going from 7 wins in '05-'06 to 27 wins last year (and 26 this year) IS an accomplishment and has at least a little something to do with his coaching. I'm sure he was a good leader for the young ladies, as well.

Bradford brings back quite a bit of talent and should be very good next year. IF Larry Eddings is the new coach for the Lady Red Devils (but I have no clue either way), then Bradford just lost a good coach and picked up a really good coach. If not, the program should be just fine.

Good post, I agree 100% on each point. Bradford should have had a Gold Ball from the 2008 season and a Silver Ball from last season with all the talent that they had and you are right about Larry Eddings. Bradford just got better if he's the new coach.

All this talent you guys are talking about was developed by him. He was the reason these girls got better. When you get to the state level anyhting can happen. The technical u mention also sparked a 17-0 run by bradford to go ahead so that point is meaningless!! As usual he we will get no respect or credit for what happened.

Paschall's teams always did well and played very hard in our Trojan Christmas tourney, usually placing well despite being a A-team going against AA and AAA teams

all of the above are just jealous haters

if I hear right, he is moving to principal and that is the reason for the change

He may have been part of the reason, but he wasn't THE reason (unless he was out in the backyard shooting hoops with the girls when they were 5 years old, or coaching them in elementary school, etc.) The girls I mentioned have an incredible work ethic, too. Their commitment and effort are a big reason for success.

It was actually an 18-0 run for Bradford (after a 11-1 run by Clarkrange), but here's why that point is not meaningless. Tasha Phillips hits both foul shots. That's TWO points. Bradford loses by ONE in OT.

You can't think I'm going to buy into your point on the Bradford boys! Eddings is the winningest coach in Bethel women's BB history.

If you think I don't like Paschall, go back and re-read the second paragraph of my original post. Best of luck to Shane in his next endeavor.

He may have been part of the reason, but he wasn't THE reason (unless he was out in the backyard shooting hoops with the girls when they were 5 years old, or coaching them in elementary school, etc.) The girls I mentioned have an incredible work ethic, too. Their commitment and effort are a big reason for success.

It was actually an 18-0 run for Bradford (after a 11-1 run by Clarkrange), but here's why that point is not meaningless. Tasha Phillips hits both foul shots. That's TWO points. Bradford loses by ONE in OT.

You can't think I'm going to buy into your point on the Bradford boys! Eddings is the winningest coach in Bethel women's BB history.

If you think I don't like Paschall, go back and re-read the second paragraph of my original post. Best of luck to Shane in his next endeavor.

Not trying to muddy the waters but most of those girls were developed by Coach Hampton in middle school. Coach Pascall did a fine job and Eddings will too. He did a great job with the boys. Good luck to both of them.

Ok; look people, if whats you people are saying about the talent level and the fact that it had nothing to do with Shane then lets just put it all out there: Coach McMillan had nothing todo with GC winning it all... RIGHT? I mean they were just simply the most talented top to bottom of anyone they played!!! ANYBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND AGREE WITHT THAT... those girls would have been 37-0 with just anyone on the bench??? Didnt think so!

Hey wait.... That means that Coach Summit stinks as a coach but she just gets the best talent in... hahah ... I mean its not like the players have to get any better over the course of two or three years.... Those girls in Bradford were good enough as JR HIGH PLAYERS to win 27 and 26 games if they never got any better from their Jr. High talent level?!?!?!?!?! If the coach had nothig to do with

ANY COACH that does what Paschall did is a direct reason for the success. How many talented teams never accomplish anything?????? I know how much work the guy put in and how much he wanted to turn that program around! Quit giving him credit with one hand and then taking it away with the other! By the way a few of you are talking: when a coach loses its all their fault and when they win it has very little to do with the coach!