"THE" BallExpert's State Tourney Predictions!

TBALLEXPERT

Well folks it??™s hard to believe that today 4 weeks from now the games will be over. Everything we??™ve talked about & thought about happening will just be history & memories from this season. All the girls have been workin & playin hard to get to the ???boro??? & only 1 team in each class will be Champion. I??™m not gonna try & take ol??™e Noitall??™s job from him & try & tell you who from only the Mid State is going to make it there. I??™m going to tell you who is going to win it ALL from where ever they come from east middle or west. Now I??™m not trying to make anyone mad by not putting your babies team there, these are just MY picks to WIN IT ALL. I??™ve seen lots of games this year but not as many as I could if the good Lord hadn??™t blessed us with all the rain this year. But I??™m sure the really good teams have still managed to find games to play.

These are good picks, these teams have proven that they can not just keep games close to good teams but they can BEAT good teams and that is why I??™ve picked??™em. So here it goes.

AAA- Beech : These ladies have it going on, alot of talent on the field & especially in the circle- Kat is real, real good. This Team will be more than any team they face at the ???boro??? can handle. These Ladies will be good for a while too, Kat??™s younger sister is just waiting to take over in the circle!

AA- Goodpasture: This Team is fun to watch play on defense & at the plate.

Their pitching is good & opposing teams will have a lot of trouble scoring the go ahead run on them at the ???boro???. The only Team that might challenge will come from the West.

A- Trinity: Is this the same team as last year? Pitching has always been very strong. Watched a couple of games in Franklin last weekend & these ladies looked MUCH different than at the ???boro??? last year. Good defense & fun to watch at the plate, very focused. Will be too hard to handle, You could see that these ladies were on a mission last week & I don??™t think that it??™s over quite yet.

Now if your going to the Reservation to make some bets this weekend you should think seriously about putting some coin on these three teams!

Good luck to all who are fortunate to participate at the Spring Fling!

Well after tonight we should all know WHO will for sure be at the ???BORO??? this year. It has been a great post season thus far, full of excitement! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Beech- Has struggled at times but has come up big when they needed to score that elusive go ahead run. Kat Banks is proving just how good she is. I will stick with this pick till the bitter end. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Goodpasture ??“ Played unusually close with some teams to get out of district play but seems to have found their stride again thru Region play & will play big at the ???BORO??? but there is a slight chance that a ???darkhorse??? will challenge them from the ???West??? & maybe from the ???East??? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Trinity- By the scores appear to be on track to make it back with a bang but it will be a ???dog fight??? once they get to the ???Boro??? as well.

Still these teams must win tonight to even make it there cause if they don??™t they will be like Noitall say??™s a ???LOSER??? and the only ticket they will get is to the house! But I don??™t believe that??™s going to happen! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Notables to Keep your eye on!-

Lexington- Great pitching with a handful of good position players could make a splash giving GP some trouble!

Cornersville- Will give anyone a ???dog fight???

Wilson Central- Maybe just maybe??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦ if they hit.

Unicoi- If they can hit the pitching they will see when they get to the "Boro"

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams that have a chance......

AAA

Beech- Probably the best pitcher in AAA

Soddy Daisy- They are Soddy so they always have a shot.

siegel- They could surprise some people.

Long shot- Either team from Morristown

AA

Goodpasture- Their chance has to do with the best player in the state being their shortstop

And if Goodpasture decides to play with only 8 players these teams have a shot....

Unicoi- Really good pitching and solid hitters

Gibbs- Thirty runs since the region tournament started. They can hit 1-9.

Winner of Dekalb Co. and Chatt. Christian- Probably the best sectional game in the state today.

A

Trinity- Even if they play with 8.

Here are my top four contenders in each classification:

AAA

Beech- They return a lot of talent from last year's runner-up, and they are solid all the way around.

Soddy Daisy- Always talented, always well-coached, and their Freshman Nunley is already a good pitcher.

Siegel- Scrappy team with a talented pitcher in Connell. They have beaten Soddy once this year.

Wilson Central- Greenwood is excellent in the circle. They should be battle-tested just by playing Beech so many times.

AA

Goodpasture- Like Soddy, they are always a great program. Cartwright and Co. don't want to end the title run.

Lexington- Look out for their pitcher Arnold, she is tough as nails and will surprise some people.

Camden- Solid fundamentals, great hitting, and fantastic coaching.

Unicoi Co.- They have been solid all year, and they always seem to get the job done.

A

Trinity- They seem to be on a mission this year.

Cornersville- The Cole sisters plus Fagan gives them a great pitching corps. If hitting and defense don't let them down, they will do very well.

Forrest- They are a solid team all the way around. Stinnett gives them a chance; you just have to wonder how her arm will hold up.

Huntingdon- Their hitting has done a much better job backing up Brooke Thomas this year. Could be the surprise team.

AAA

AA

Goodpasture- Their chance has to do with the best player in the state being their shortstop

And if Goodpasture decides to play with only 8 players these teams have a shot....

Winner of Dekalb Co. and Chatt. Christian- Probably the best sectional game in the state today.

A

Well "007" Soddy ain't takin that trip to the "Boro" this year!?!?

As for playing Trinity or GP with only eight players you would be better off to let them have 15 on the field and line up just so you don't have to see the meat of their line up come up so often!

Well "007" Soddy ain't takin that trip to the "Boro" this year!?!?

As for playing Trinity or GP with only eight players you would be better off to let them have 15 on the field and line up just so you don't have to see the meat of their line up come up so often!

You got that right.....and how about "neither" team from Morristown....

AAA

AA

A

I guess that the other 7 teams might as well just stay home this year, since it has been determined who is going to win before the first game has even been played.Goodpasture is an awesome team, no doubt about it, but ANY team can be beat on ANY given day. Games do have to be played, and NO TEAM is unbeatable. Remember that.

I guess that the other 7 teams might as well just stay home this year, since it has been determined who is going to win before the first game has even been played.Goodpasture is an awesome team, no doubt about it, but ANY team can be beat on ANY given day. Games do have to be played, and NO TEAM is unbeatable. Remember that.

You tell us about it "MOM"!!!!

Forrest use to have to go through Ezell and Goodpasture just to get to state and they made it to runner up in 2002. We have great girls in basketball and softball. Competing with the privates gave us a much better program. When they kicked the larger privates up to AA Forrest wins a State Championship in Basketball and Softball the first public to win single A in 20 some odd years. If they would have kicked out the privates in single A years ago Forrest may have had a shelf full of Gold balls, and championship titles. But then again without the tough row to hoe we may never have reached the level we expect to play at now. People around the state should look to Marshall Co. ladies sports. They have all three high schools host Sectionals, two make it to State. The A schools don't feed good players to the AA school, all three cities want to beat the other in the worst way. (come to game when they play each other) I think Cornersville has really turned a corner and may be a big surprise to Trinity. But my hope and heart goes to my Lady Rockets defending A State Champions.