the new East Hamilton HS

TNsteeler

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if we can clarify a few things for those fishing from the owl's nest. From what I understand the reason they are playing a Varsity schedule and not JV is because of scheduling. There is a two year scheduling set-up(every two years) So if they played a JV schedule this year they would also have to play one next year when they have seniors and that would not be good for them. Signal Mtn played a JV schedule because they were on the back end of a scheduling cycle and thus could not find varsity games because schedules were set in the league. I think the staff they have put together will have the kids ready. Any first year program will take some lumps but they might also surprise some too.

Let's see if we can clarify a few things for those fishing from the owl's nest. From what I understand the reason they are playing a Varsity schedule and not JV is because of scheduling. There is a two year scheduling set-up(every two years) So if they played a JV schedule this year they would also have to play one next year when they have seniors and that would not be good for them. Signal Mtn played a JV schedule because they were on the back end of a scheduling cycle and thus could not find varsity games because schedules were set in the league. I think the staff they have put together will have the kids ready. Any first year program will take some lumps but they might also surprise some too.

Hey Coach Gatewood, Tell us something we don't know. We already know these rules. Tell us: who is going to be your qb next year?

Sorry charlie this is not Coach Gatewood. I am just a casual observer who knew what happened with Signal and how things are shaking up out at the new school.

I think you are correct in the scheduling with Signal Mtn. as well as other new schools last season with it being the second year of the two year contracts for most schools.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Hurricanes may surprise some folks this year. They will have a young team, but they are getting a lot of unused talent from Ooltewah and some of the private schools. It will take them a minit to get organized being victim of TSSAA rules that wouldn't let them get started till summer vacation starts. They will have a strong offense, the whole line is juniors from Ooltewah and I hear they have some good talent and speed in the backfield. Its all a matter of putting it together and they sure have a group of qualified coaches, probably the best group around to do that.....we will just have to wait and see. We got a chance to see some of the other local teams in spring games and it will be interesting to hear what the Hurricanes planned lineup will be.... again I think they may be surprising for a young program.

You know, leftovers arent always that bad...sometimes its better. Also it may not be what you guys are losing @ OHS, it might be what you are never gonna get. East Brainerd and the southside of Ooltewah have always fed good athletes to OHS and now you won't see that anymore... enjoy the ones that are staying. I think some of the sophmores that are hanging on are gonna regret it soon. They are giving up the opportunity to play varsity now...rather than wait till they're seniors to play. They could come on over now and be a part of something big...If you see 'em tell 'em its not too late. Practice is serious now, but its not Hurricane season till July !!!

You know, leftovers arent always that bad...sometimes its better. Also it may not be what you guys are losing @ OHS, it might be what you are never gonna get. East Brainerd and the southside of Ooltewah have always fed good athletes to OHS and now you won't see that anymore... enjoy the ones that are staying. I think some of the sophmores that are hanging on are gonna regret it soon. They are giving up the opportunity to play varsity now...rather than wait till they're seniors to play. They could come on over now and be a part of something big...If you see 'em tell 'em its not too late. Practice is serious now, but its not Hurricane season till July !!!

Have you seen "Hurricane Schedule"? It will be a long 4 years to launch this program to a .500 record (at best)!!!

The bottom line is that these kids are choosing to play for Benny Monroe......period.....

And if rumors hold true, and if they are lucky, the younger players may get to see him at practice. Howmany games did OHS JV play last year....ONE. Kids were practice dummys. Talk is that he is gone after this season. Then what? I think I would rather go where a program is building and play rather than take a chance on the unknown. Again, I think the Hurricane program will develop quicker than most folks think....

Signal could have basically taken over Temple's schedule after they dropped their program.

• 3 weeks later...