Biggest Surprises

smacktalker03

Not throwing off the conversation or anything, but biggest suprise in the 7aaa is Oakland.

Who beat off Blackman4-1 tonight /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

just a thought.

Nice win for Oakland. If you look at the earlier thread on 7AAA that was locked out for language, most of the people making predictions had Riverdale finishing either 3rd or 4th in the district. They are a young team with only 2 seniors that get play time and 2 freshmen on defense, so sweeping the district was kind of surprising. They should be good again next year, although losing Compton will definitely hurt them.

Went to the Siegel - Riverdale game last night and most of the game was played with Riverdale on its heels. Siegel was definitely the aggressor and was first to most balls all over the field. Riverdale took advantage of its scoring chances and the defense stopped numerous chances by Siegel for the 2-0 victory. I'm a Riverdale supporter, but they could be upset in the district tourney if they are not careful.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately Lexington High School has stepped up in a big way and was certainly a huge surprise for most in West Tn. Look for them to shake up districts and regionals this year and dont be surprised if they make it to substate or further. A fired up team ready to go!

I have to say INDY is somewhat a disappointment; being ranked 1 in state preseason. But after looking at their roster 5 freshman 4 of whom start, many sophmores, and a GREAT junior class, and only 3 seniors, 2 of which start, you can understand why they have performed the way they have this season. Scoring could be difficult next year losing Chad Roberts, the leading scorer in Williamson Co., but they will return all starting defense, 2 freshman, 1 sophmore, and 2 juniors. It will be interesting to see how they finish this year. As we have seen all this year, they can beat any team when they are on top of their game, but they can also lose any game.

Just thought I would say that anyone who hasn't figured it out already, abyrd09 is in no way a part of the Cleveland team. I can promise on any comment he has made, Cleveland doesn't feel this way at all. This same thing happened last season when someone got on coacht claiming to be one of our players and was making arrogant comments and crazy predictions. Anyone who has played soccer at any point in their lives would know that no coach in the state would say these kinds of things, and ours' is no exception.

I have to say INDY is somewhat a disappointment; being ranked 1 in state preseason. But after looking at their roster 5 freshman 4 of whom start, many sophmores, and a GREAT junior class, and only 3 seniors, 2 of which start, you can understand why they have performed the way they have this season. Scoring could be difficult next year losing Chad Roberts, the leading scorer in Williamson Co., but they will return all starting defense, 2 freshman, 1 sophmore, and 2 juniors. It will be interesting to see how they finish this year. As we have seen all this year, they can beat any team when they are on top of their game, but they can also lose any game.

Having seen this team play, I would definitely not say that they are a disappointment. They have a solid team, and after looking at how many underclassmen they have, I would suggest that they will be a major force next year. Also, I would not count them out this year. Their District tournament should be very exciting. Good luck to all of the teams.

disappointments

Smyrna-Shelbyville-Germantown Houston-Baylor

surprises

LaVerne (sp)

Tullahoma

Riverdale

Is there a spring sport that Smyrna is NOT getting hammered in? I guess the girl's swim team was decent from what you hear around the area, but that's not an officially sanctioned tssaa sport is it?

From the Chatt town area, I would have to give props to both Hixson and East Ridge. Usally their district is a lock with CCS and Notre Dame moving on to regions. However, This year it could very well be CCS and one of these two teams.