Dist 8 AAA

CONFUSIOUS

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who has seen them all but doesn't have a dog in the hunt, I'd have to give a slight edge to Coffee County based on experience. Two talented, veteran pitchers and a large group of seniors (I think 7 on the field usually) who made it to the substate last year make this a team to be reckoned with at tournament time.

Lincoln County has more than proven they can play with Coffee County. After all, they've beaten them twice already. If there is a chink in the armor for this very talented team, it is youth. Loaded with talented freshmen and sophomores. If they don't get tournament-itis but play the way they've played all season, they obviously are a threat to win it.

Lawrence County has a veteran pitcher with the best off-speed stuff in the district. They are good. My only question about them is, do they know how good they are? There's a process a team goes through when it rises from near the bottom of the pack to near the top. What gets them finally over the top is belief that they can do it. If they believe, then I believe, too, and they are a legitimate threat to win it.

I think there's an obvious divide between those three teams and the remainder of the district. While the rest have some strong points, there is a lot of youth in some key positions, and the pitching might not be quite at the level of the top three teams. They all have some young, up-and-coming pitchers, however, who could make the district a real horse race next year (behind Lincoln County, that is).

Coffee County will not play in this district next year.

Games today will be tomorrow and I know Coffee Co. plays at 7pm Monday.

Thanks for your coverage of the games this year. I work 2nd shift, so without the radio broadcast, I'd miss all the games. Whichever two teams represent, they'll do it with class....I personally hope it's Coffee and Lincoln...Coffee should Dominate next year in their new district, especially with Freshman like Chelsea. And yes I'm biased. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Thanks for your coverage of the games this year. I work 2nd shift, so without the radio broadcast, I'd miss all the games. Whichever two teams represent, they'll do it with class....I personally hope it's Coffee and Lincoln...Coffee should Dominate next year in their new district, especially with Freshman like Chelsea. And yes I'm biased. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Thanks. I think next year will be interesting in all sports. The golf team gets the first taste of it starting Aug. 10.

WHY DON'T YOU STAY OFF COACHT? EVERYONE KNOWS YOU'RE NOT A PARENT OR A FAN OF COFFEE CO.

Newby, you should not yell on Coacht. I sense tension in the cc camp.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Good luck to everybody.