Oak Ridge Job

HOOPSGURU

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Scott or Todd Wright

Who is David Scott and where does he coach now? Do you really think that Todd Wright would leave Maryville College to coach high school again and has he ever coached boys? I know he coached girls basketball at Oliver Springs and womens b-ball at Roane State and MC.

I know that Aaron Green has interest in the job but also Clarence Swearengen is putting his name in the mix. He coached at UT under Jerry Green and under Buzz Peterson. He played at UT under coach Devoe and played professional ball over seas. He is a great guy and an awesome coach. Well there is two more names.

Not sure if Clarence would be a good fit since he does not have any head coaching experience and I think there are some skeletons in his closet as well. Just my opinion!

Aaron Green would seem like a great fit considering he had success at Cleveland High School (similar to Oak Ridge), and has two years under Bruce Pearl as well! He played at Tennessee under Kevin Oneill and Jerry Green. Aaron is an excellent coach and person. Oak Ridge would be lucky to have him.

Who is David Scott and where is he coaching now? I have never heard of the guy........not trying to be mean either

Not sure if Clarence would be a good fit since he does not have any head coaching experience and I think there are some skeletons in his closet as well. Just my opinion!

Aaron Green would seem like a great fit considering he had success at Cleveland High School (similar to Oak Ridge), and has two years under Bruce Pearl as well! He played at Tennessee under Kevin Oneill and Jerry Green. Aaron is an excellent coach and person. Oak Ridge would be lucky to have him.

Who is David Scott and where is he coaching now? I have never heard of the guy........not trying to be mean either

Aaron would be a great fit. You guys should see his resume. It literally is the size of a spiral notebook. It details his credentials as a coach but goes into extreme detail on his plans for a "program". He is totally prepared and does a great job in the interviews.

David Scott is a former O.R. player. Haven't heard his name in a while. Any details on where he's been coaching?

Pretty accurate assessment of Clarence.

Aaron would be a great fit. You guys should see his resume. It literally is the size of a spiral notebook. It details his credentials as a coach but goes into extreme detail on his plans for a "program". He is totally prepared and does a great job in the interviews.

David Scott is a former O.R. player. Haven't heard his name in a while. Any details on where he's been coaching?

Pretty accurate assessment of Clarence.

David Scott is an assistant coach with the Oak Ridge girls program

Seems Jody Wright and Charles Mitchell interviewed last time this job was open seven years ago. Wonder if either has interest now.

Wright has it rolling at FHS and has Jalen coming back, so he may not. Although it would be higher pay for a guy finishing his teaching career in the next few years. Pump up that retirement pay.

Probably only one of a couple of East Tennessee schools Wright would even consider leaving for.

How about the O.R. legend Zack Gulmire? I think he would make a great coach if he were so inclined.

He would make a good coach in spite of questionable pedigree /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The second part would be a true statement!