District 11A Tourney

rebelboy121

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People want to be critical of the long drive to huntland. well i agree with a previous poster i have never heard huntlans complain about travel to any other school. as far as hosting a tournament huntland is the only one really capable of hosting a tournament. They have a fence, lights, press box, concession stand, and yes they have a TARP just in case it RAINS. could have played on their field today. richland and ca dont care if they play or not since they would advance as it is anyway. any replys to this would be welcomed with a comment of who else is more capable of hosting a tournament. (richland and ca have already tried, NO TARP) i forgot one positive the nicest restrooms in the district. cleaned and stocked on a daily basis.

People want to be critical of the long drive to huntland. well i agree with a previous poster i have never heard huntlans complain about travel to any other school. as far as hosting a tournament huntland is the only one really capable of hosting a tournament. They have a fence, lights, press box, concession stand, and yes they have a TARP just in case it RAINS. could have played on their field today. richland and ca dont care if they play or not since they would advance as it is anyway. any replys to this would be welcomed with a comment of who else is more capable of hosting a tournament. (richland and ca have already tried, NO TARP) i forgot one positive the nicest restrooms in the district. cleaned and stocked on a daily basis.

a tarp wouldnt have helped CA there outfield was like a river.

CA has the nicest field. Each year the district tournament is rotated to different locations that are capable of hosting the district tournament. If that school turns down the opportunity to host the tournament then it is up to a vote between all the coaches in the district. Last year during the district baseball meetings all coaches voted to have CA host the tournament. That is why CA was scheduled to host it again this year.

They did not play today. Had to call games early because CA cannot play on Wed. nights . Going to play at 4:30 and 7:00 Thursday at richland. I heard Huntland put their tarp back on last night after their game so if they needed a place to play they would have a dry infield.

The only thing that could have allowed the tournament to be finished at CA would have been a DOME. And yeah your right, no one wants to make the long trip to Huntland. Especially when there is a chance that it will come a flood as soon as you pull in the parking lot. In 07' there were a couple teams that made the trip 6,7,8 times just to get rained out. Where was the TARP then?!?