The Portland Panthers

Just wanted to hear how the mighty panthers are doing this spring. Has anyone seen the panthers practicing ? How is the new Tony Franklin system working. Herd they had over 100 players out and are ready to get things turned around. Last time I checked Portland has a real strong Sr. class that went undefeated as a freshman group and most of them have started for 3 years. Should be no reasons why Portland can not do some major damage in the Sumner County district this season.

Oh yea think they scrimmage Centennial High School on May 14 (any 1 know were this scrimmage is being played?)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was in a tougher region last year. Portland plays in a much easier region this year and they have a new coach (sanders) that has brought the high powered tony franklin offense to P-Town. Coach Sanders has those 100 + boys fired up and ready to play. With all the returning starters Portland has coming back, there should be no reason why Portland does not walk through that weaker region.

Also herd you all (Centennial ) lost a lot of players and portland has almost all returning starters. I will stick by my statement that portland will walk through yall. Good Luck! see ya thursday

100 bodies does not equal 100 players. Sometimes it is not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. Time will tell about this team. The last time I checked, P-Town played 4a last year. This is a better district top to bottom than they played in last year. Gallatin and Hendersonville are not push-overs. Wilson Central will have athletes P-Town has not had to face. Beech will still run the table on the mighty Panthers.

dont know what you are talking about, this thread is about the future of the panthers and all you are trying to do is bring us down seams like you are the one who needs to move on. Just getting excited about up coming year if you can not handle that then go post on someones else thread. Looks like you are the unprofessional one: you think I am trying to be a smart butt by talking about how good portland is going to be next year. Something wrong with you CommonSenseMD. All I have to say is go PHS (I bleed purple dont know but you)

Sounds like someone got a little offended by you promoting your Panthers. By the way, when was the last time this team had a winning record?

This guy is not promoting the Panthers. He is mocking them. This guy is a former coach who stupidly left his screen name up in the coach??™s office at Portland High School. Look back at his old posts. He was on the baseball board mocking the baseball team and Coach Parker.

Maybe you should use your "common sense" and realize that nobody is taking FNL seriously. The Panthers have not done anything to speak of since 2001 (no region championships, big wins in higher classifications, etc.) I don't think anyone is expecting much from them this year either especially since they will be playing in 5A. If other sports are any indication of the talent level at PHS, they will surely suffer. Football, basketball, and baseball have all had losing seasons. Notice that everyone has picked them to finish last in the region. If you are the new head coach, this is good for you - the lower the expectations, the better. This conversation is mute anyway because my Green Wave is going to DOMINATE!!! Anyone doubt me?! Good luck to all Sumner County teams.

GO GALLATIN - REGION 9-5A CHAMPS 09!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maybe you should use your "common sense" and realize that nobody is taking FNL seriously. The Panthers have not done anything to speak of since 2001 (no region championships, big wins in higher classifications, etc.) I don't think anyone is expecting much from them this year either especially since they will be playing in 5A. If other sports are any indication of the talent level at PHS, they will surely suffer. Football, basketball, and baseball have all had losing seasons. Notice that everyone has picked them to finish last in the region. If you are the new head coach, this is good for you - the lower the expectations, the better. This conversation is mute anyway because my Green Wave is going to DOMINATE!!! Anyone doubt me?! Good luck to all Sumner County teams.

GO GALLATIN - REGION 9-5A CHAMPS 09!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hendersonville will have something to say about the Wave dominance I think.

The Scrimmage has been moved up to Today 5/13/09, 6:00pm @ PHS Stadium. With a "Rain Out" Reschedule for Tomorrow 5/14/09, Same Time and Place, if today is a wash! All the kids have worked very hard this offseason and spring! Good luck to all Players and Coaching Staffs this Season! Hope it's an injury free one! God Bless! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Recap of the scrimmage between Portland and Centennial last night...

Zero scores between the ones for the both sides

Portland's ones scored late TD against Centennial's second D

Several nice drives by both offenses, but neither was able to punch it in

I was impressed with the Portland Panthers. They were well-coached, tough, and came off the ball hard. The FB and TB are very good players. In my opinion, they should stick with the I formation stuff... it fits their personnel.

Centennial has a lot improving to do... but they are very young, especially on offense. The Cougars have a lot of talent, but need to keep improving over the summer and fall camp if they want to compete with the Wilco schools and Hillsboro.

Good luck Portland.