Preseason Top 10 in 5A?

92Dragon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With spring practice ending and about a three month wait for the season to start......who do you think the top 10 preseason 5A teams are?

1. Hillsboro

2. Henry Co.

3. Melrose

4. Beech

5. Maplewood

6. Clinton

7. Sullivan South

8. Greenville

9. Rhea Co.

10. Tennessee High

1. Hillsboro

2. Henry Co.

3. Melrose

4. Beech

5. Maplewood

6. Clinton

7. Sullivan South

8. Greenville

9. Rhea Co.

10. Tennessee High

Greeneville and Henry Co. won't even make the playoffs this year. I would move Clinton and Sullivan South on up into the top 3. And you better go back and do some homework because MoEast will take that 4th position.

Greeneville and Henry Co. won't even make the playoffs this year. I would move Clinton and Sullivan South on up into the top 3. And you better go back and do some homework because MoEast will take that 4th position.

I dont claim to be an expert. I just thought it would be fun to see who everone's top 10 would be. And this is mine. Who is yours? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Are you serious about Henry Co.? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Henry Co. will make the playoffs and win their region, which isn't a very strong region. I'm not saying they will roll through the regular season undefeated or be as dominant as last year. They do have 3 of their 5 best skill position players back and most of the line. Granted they lost two SEC recruits in Teague & Allen but they have two D-1 recruits in Sims & McFerren and possibly a few more with tons of young talent. The cupboard isn't empty in Henry Co. by any means! Instead of telling someone to do their homework maybe you need to stick to the East TN teams!

1. Hillsboro

2. Henry Co.

3. Melrose

4. Beech

5. Maplewood

6. Clinton

7. Sullivan South

8. Greenville

9. Rhea Co.

10. Tennessee High

Correctme if I'm wrong, but isn't Greeneville 4A. They are posting on the 3A-4A thread. Henry Co. shoul be plenty good enough to crack the top five. They, Melrose, and Hillsboro will be a little down from last year but still very good, Maplewood goes to 4A and should be a powerhouse there. Don't know much yet about he East teams.

GO BIG RED

1. Melrose

2. Hillsboro

3. Henry Co.

4. Clinton

5. Sullivan South

6. Mo. East

7. Beech

8. Liberty

9. Rhea Co.

10. Fairley

Maplewood is 4A next year. They will have the #1 player in the State in James Stone imo and be pretty good in their classification.

Amazing how many people don't realize who they are playing this year. I have seen three teams listed that don't even play in this classification. Greenville, Maplewood and Liberty. Ya'll better do some research before listing your top tens, worse than the AP. Here's some help look at the top of this page at the 3-A class District pairings.

1. Melrose

2. Hillsboro

3. Henry Co.

4. Clinton

5. Sullivan South

6. Mo. East

7. Beech

8. Liberty

9. Rhea Co.

10. Fairley

I like your thinking here except that Liberty will be 4A. Certainly several East teams will be there. Clarksville might deserve some consideration.Don't forget Memphis East, andnew 5A arrival, Mitchell.( finalist in 3A)

GO BIG RED

I like your thinking here except that Liberty will be 4A. Certainly several East teams will be there. Clarksville might deserve some consideration.Don't forget Memphis East, andnew 5A arrival, Mitchell.( finalist in 3A)

GO BIG RED

Guys getting a little ahead of yourselves arent you...every state title has to come through the east tennessee are and through Knoxville so I would not bet on that middle and west tennessee thing just yet!!!

GO BIG RED

Miitchell is loaded and I didn't realize they jumped two classes and Liberty stayed in 4A! I got confused on some of the realignment with the 3A reg. season & 5A-6A playoffs. It's definitely going to take some getting used to!