Preseason Top 10 in 5A?

92Dragon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centennial? For real? Just want to remind you, Centennial has never beaten Franklin...EVER. Might want some kinda experience to be top 10 in state, they arent even top 3 or 4 in the region

Rebel

You must remember that Centennial and Hillsboro really have no business being in the same region with the BIG 4 Williamson County Schools. Both CHS and HHS only have 1200 students in the enrollment. To me, I don't understand why these two teams along with other 5A schools have to play 6A schools each week. But anyways.....

Earl Nall is a high school guru much like Murphy Fair, and here are his predictions for 2009.

In 5A, his top ten in the state are as follows:

1 Henry County

2 Hillsboro

3 Knoxville Catholic

4 Sullivan South

5 Mitchell

6 Gallatin

7 Melrose

8 Cleveland

9 Hendersonville

10 Station Camp

with Centennial @ #20

In 6A, his top ten in the state are as follows:

1 Oakland

2 Ooltewah

3 Franklin

4 Maryville

5 Millington

6 Farragut

7 Brentwood

8 Whitehaven

9 Dobyns Bennett

10 White Station

with Ravenwood @ #18 and Independence @ #32

Just thought it was interesting to see his pics!

District 11 looks solid with all teams but Independence in the TOP 20 of their class.

1. Hillsboro

2. Henry Co.

3. Melrose

4. Beech

5. Maplewood

6. Clinton

7. Sullivan South

8. Greenville

9. Rhea Co.

10. Tennessee High

I can't wait to watch Stone shred the opposition in his senior year. Clinton might be the most talented team in this thing. They've got several college players, the best one being Stone who is being courted by every bog program in the country. You all need to watch Camion Patrick an incoming freshmen that can flat out play. He's D1 right now! Will play WR is very explosive, has incredible jumping ability, and at 6'2" is still expected to grow a few more inches. Look out!

I can't wait to watch Stone shred the opposition in his senior year. Clinton might be the most talented team in this thing. They've got several college players, the best one being Stone who is being courted by every bog program in the country. You all need to watch Camion Patrick an incoming freshmen that can flat out play. He's D1 right now! Will play WR is very explosive, has incredible jumping ability, and at 6'2" is still expected to grow a few more inches. Look out!

I read in the Clinton Courier last year where this Patrick kid ran back either 2 or 3 punts and 1 kickoff back for touchdowns in just one game! I cant wait to see what he can do at the high school level! I didnt know that he was already 6'2......WOW!

Have you heard when and where Clinton was going to participate in a 7/7 passing league?

I was quite upset with our move to 5-6A. Mitchell enrollment does not justify the move. My last 5 years there it was presented to quite often but I would never go along with it. Our first 22 could do a decent job but we do not have the depth. Money was the factor in this. We do not make a huge profit in football but VERY FEW Memphis schools makes any profit at all. This one one of the things I hoped would not have happenedafter I left, well it did. We would have an excellent chance to wun the state in 3A this year. It not only hurts football but all sports, esp track, golf, tennis, etc. It was a bad move.

Thanks for the information. You obviously have seen them and I haven't. My concern if I was a Mitchell fan is the huge step up in competition at this level. White Station, Whitehaven, Mem East, and Melrose all in the same district could spell trouble. Ridgeway has been very good playing against this same competition was the reason I asked. Mitchell might be that good even in this classification but I have to think that the athletic curve is going to rear its head. Big difference in competition between those schools and Frayser, Hillcrest and Sheffield.

I havent seen any of those other schools, but i wouldnt be surprised if they were a test. The big thing about mitchell like someone else said was the depth. In warm ups, you could really tell a difference between the starters and backups. Maybe better next year?

I read in the Clinton Courier last year where this Patrick kid ran back either 2 or 3 punts and 1 kickoff back for touchdowns in just one game! I cant wait to see what he can do at the high school level! I didnt know that he was already 6'2......WOW!

Have you heard when and where Clinton was going to participate in a 7/7 passing league?

I have not heard anything about it, but as soon as I do I will post. If people were smart they wouldn't let them in the passing league. It would hardly be fair with the best QB in the state and an arsenal of weapons surrounding him!

I have not heard anything about it, but as soon as I do I will post. If people were smart they wouldn't let them in the passing league. It would hardly be fair with the best QB in the state and an arsenal of weapons surrounding him!

Barry Brunetti plays for Clinton? I thought he played for MUS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was quite upset with our move to 5-6A. Mitchell enrollment does not justify the move. My last 5 years there it was presented to quite often but I would never go along with it. Our first 22 could do a decent job but we do not have the depth. Money was the factor in this. We do not make a huge profit in football but VERY FEW Memphis schools makes any profit at all. This one one of the things I hoped would not have happenedafter I left, well it did. We would have an excellent chance to wun the state in 3A this year. It not only hurts football but all sports, esp track, golf, tennis, etc. It was a bad move.

Well you can thank your buddy John Ware for that move ,and then he is no longer there. Hopefully , there is somethng Howard Smith (the new principal) will do to fix this in the future !

Barry Brunetti plays for Clinton? I thought he played for MUS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He does play for MUS !

He does play for MUS !

I was being sarcastic because you said the best QB in the state plays at Clinton. I my opinion Barry Brunetti is the best QB in the state and I know he plays at MUS!

I definitely agree about Barry Brunetti!!!

------------------------------------------------

What about MUS' team-- How good will they be this year?

I see that they have a MURDEROUS, murderous schedule, including the following HUGE tests vs two Mississippi powerhouses:

1) Sept 4th @ SOUTH PANOLA, MS (Yeah, THAT South Panola...89-1 since 2003, incl 5 Titles; runner-up last yr)

2) Sept 18th @ Olive Branch, MS