Preseason Top 10 in 5A?

92Dragon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maplewood is 4A next year. They will have the #1 player in the State in James Stone imo and be pretty good in their classification.

Jacques Smith from Ooltewah is the #1 prospect in the state bud..... and whipped Stone all over the field last year.... Watch the video on yazoosports.com for the proof!!!!

I dont think Rhea Co. moved up to 6A, because of people on here making comments about not having to play Maryville in the playoffs now.

Will Maryville be 5A or 6A????

Jacques Smith from Ooltewah is the #1 prospect in the state bud..... and whipped Stone all over the field last year.... Watch the video on yazoosports.com for the proof!!!!

Will Maryville be 5A or 6A????

Not sure about whipping Stone all over the field last year. Maplewood coaches said Smith rarely lined up opposite Stone. I see Rivals lists Stone (#36 Nations Best Player and #63 for Smith) but who cares about rankings. Each team has a win over the other the last two years. I see Stone has a better offer list but both must be good players. Good luck to both players next year.

Not sure about whipping Stone all over the field last year. Maplewood coaches said Smith rarely lined up opposite Stone. I see Rivals lists Stone (#36 Nations Best Player and #63 for Smith) but who cares about rankings. Each team has a win over the other the last two years. I see Stone has a better offer list but both must be good players. Good luck to both players next year.

You are right 12NCS... Maplewood has some GREAT athletes... Smith vs. Stone at Ooltewah this year... Maplewood at Ooltewah... this has been a great home/away series... 2 great ballgames so far... this is what high school football is all about. good luck panthers and owls

Are you serious about Henry Co.? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Henry Co. will make the playoffs and win their region, which isn't a very strong region. I'm not saying they will roll through the regular season undefeated or be as dominant as last year. They do have 3 of their 5 best skill position players back and most of the line. Granted they lost two SEC recruits in Teague & Allen but they have two D-1 recruits in Sims & McFerren and possibly a few more with tons of young talent. The cupboard isn't empty in Henry Co. by any means! Instead of telling someone to do their homework maybe you need to stick to the East TN teams!

You are right Henry co will make the playoffs easily in the District that they are in. I would guess Dickson County will be the biggest task and Dickson has really dropped off as of lately.

I guess whoever made the statement that Henry County would not make the playoffs forgot that there is another class (6A). They must have thought that you guys got put up in the highest classification.

Guest Advisor

You are right Henry co will make the playoffs easily in the District that they are in. I would guess Dickson County will be the biggest task and Dickson has really dropped off as of lately.

I guess whoever made the statement that Henry County would not make the playoffs forgot that there is another class (6A). They must have thought that you guys got put up in the highest classification.

Wouldn't matter if HC was 6A. They would still compete in District 10AAA and would be hosting a playoff game during week 11! HC and Morristown West are the biggest 5A schools in TN......HC will host a game Week 11 so you can go ahead and purchase your tickets.

Wouldn't matter if HC was 6A. They would still compete in District 10AAA and would be hosting a playoff game during week 11! HC and Morristown West are the biggest 5A schools in TN......HC will host a game Week 11 so you can go ahead and purchase your tickets.

I agree. Would not matter if five A or six A you would still be hosting a playoff game. That is not what was said. I was only trying to figure out why someone would say you would not make the playoffs and I just said maybe they thought you were in the highest classification. Anyways, you are correct. Same district either way so you will be hosting a playoff game week 11. But don't act so cocky and confident! You are correct HC and West are the biggest AAAAA schools. But there is a reason that your school and theirs petitioned the TSSAA to stay in AAAAA when there was a time that you got pushed to six A. That reason is the playoffs. Different level of team that you will be hosting come week eleven.

But not to be so negative. I saw you guys play last year at Hillsboro. You have a heck of a team and I'm sure you will be in the hunt come late November.

I agree. Would not matter if five A or six A you would still be hosting a playoff game. That is not what was said. I was only trying to figure out why someone would say you would not make the playoffs and I just said maybe they thought you were in the highest classification. Anyways, you are correct. Same district either way so you will be hosting a playoff game week 11. But don't act so cocky and confident! You are correct HC and West are the biggest AAAAA schools. But there is a reason that your school and theirs petitioned the TSSAA to stay in AAAAA when there was a time that you got pushed to six A. That reason is the playoffs. Different level of team that you will be hosting come week eleven.

But not to be so negative. I saw you guys play last year at Hillsboro. You have a heck of a team and I'm sure you will be in the hunt come late November.

The reason HC petitioned the TSSAA was because a couple of schools asked to be moved up in class. This was done before they split classes and pushed a couple of teams in higher classes. HC didn't think it was fair to be moved up when they were classified as 5A before the requests. This makes perfect sense and HC would've played in 6A playoffs and competed very well. In the mid 80's to late 90's HC played in the highest classification and did very well.

Guest Advisor

Thanks for the reply Coachfoozeball....you seem to know the Patriots pretty well.....although.......I should bring to your attention that the reason Henry County "petitioned" along with Morristown West was to bring to THEIR (TSSAA) attention that BOTH schools were 5A when the enrollments were set in October. However, based on the CHOICES of Memphis Mitchell and Clarksville West Creek, both HC and M'town West changed classifications for the post season. The statement was made before the governing body that HC will play whereever the board deems neccessary....however.... understand that when the enrollment figures were announced, both teams were 5A. The Board unanimously agreed that no school should be moved based on the "choice to play up" by another school. I think we would ALL agree to the fairness of that decision. Most in Paris would have no problem playing 6A if the TSSAA mandates that HC, due to its numbers, should play 6A postseason.....but....those aren't decisions that we make.

I too was at the Hillsboro game and still to this day wish we had 2 plays back. One being the Burros first play from scrimmage the other being the play where HC was penalized for a "chop-block"...these 2 plays proves costly for the Patriots. But, I believe that HC will be very strong and a little deeper in 2009 than they were in 2008. Good luck to your team in the upcoming season and hope to bump into you down the long playoff road!!