Riverdale vs. Beech - State Finals

WarriorFireBird

Whatever dubc, you're a Warrior hater. If you wanted to just say congrats to all the local girls, you would do just that. But you have to start each post with a bash to an excited Warrior fan instead of just keeping your mouth shut then after the bash you throw in a "great job girls" haha. Trust me, I've been to the big dance; in more ways than just a spectator. Myself along with many others were happy to see the Warriors pull the upset. Yes, Riverdale had a great record going into State. But the record didn't show how close they were to having a few more losses. They lost to Siegel 3 times, almost lost to Cookeville, White Co they only beat 2-0 the second time around, Oakland played them to a 1 run ball game, and there were plenty more close calls. The Warrior team struggled to hit on all cylinders. Their bats fell silent quite a few times this year, and they got lucky on the other team making errors. So, their record is great, but it wasn't as smooth of a ride as it might show. But once they hit state and got put down in the losers bracket, Riverdale was back on track and not missing a beat with offense, pitching, and defense. Now to the DNJ. Like any other local paper, they're going to profile the most dominant team. So, in most cases, YES Riverdale was always in the press. But for this 2009 season, the Siegel Stars got a lot of press. Which they should have. They were a power to be feared by any other 7AAA school and finished 4th in State! GO STARS!! So, you want the press...try winning more ball games and tournaments throughout the season!! Riverdale won the MTSCA Gold Tournament, Lincoln Co Border Battle, 7AAA Regular Season, and 7AAA District Tournament. So, if they got the press, they deserved it.

To the comment about Kat pitching every game that Beech played...Kat pitched in 37 games and Riverdale's Hoadwonic pitched 34...so, only a 3 game difference.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever dubc, you're a Warrior hater. If you wanted to just say congrats to all the local girls, you would do just that. But you have to start each post with a bash to an excited Warrior fan instead of just keeping your mouth shut then after the bash you throw in a "great job girls" haha. Trust me, I've been to the big dance; in more ways than just a spectator. Myself along with many others were happy to see the Warriors pull the upset. Yes, Riverdale had a great record going into State. But the record didn't show how close they were to having a few more losses. They lost to Siegel 3 times, almost lost to Cookeville, White Co they only beat 2-0 the second time around, Oakland played them to a 1 run ball game, and there were plenty more close calls. The Warrior team struggled to hit on all cylinders. Their bats fell silent quite a few times this year, and they got lucky on the other team making errors. So, their record is great, but it wasn't as smooth of a ride as it might show. But once they hit state and got put down in the losers bracket, Riverdale was back on track and not missing a beat with offense, pitching, and defense. Now to the DNJ. Like any other local paper, they're going to profile the most dominant team. So, in most cases, YES Riverdale was always in the press. But for this 2009 season, the Siegel Stars got a lot of press. Which they should have. They were a power to be feared by any other 7AAA school and finished 4th in State! GO STARS!! So, you want the press...try winning more ball games and tournaments throughout the season!! Riverdale won the MTSCA Gold Tournament, Lincoln Co Border Battle, 7AAA Regular Season, and 7AAA District Tournament. So, if they got the press, they deserved it.

To the comment about Kat pitching every game that Beech played...Kat pitched in 37 games and Riverdale's Hoadwonic pitched 34...so, only a 3 game difference.

I thought I saw Riverdale switch pitchers during a couple of games at the tourney. I could be wrong as I do not know the pitchers for the warriors. I in no way was making a excuse for anyone. Just stating what I heard a couple of college coaches say about Banks looking tired

Congrats to the Lady Warriors and their coaching staff on getting it done

I thought I saw Riverdale switch pitchers during a couple of games at the tourney. I could be wrong as I do not know the pitchers for the warriors. I in no way was making a excuse for anyone. Just stating what I heard a couple of college coaches say about Banks looking tired

Congrats to the Lady Warriors and their coaching staff on getting it done

No problem, didn't think you were making excuses. But you are correct when you say Kat looked tired. She didn't seem to have much zip on her ball as she normally did. That's what it looked like from the stands, but who knows what it looked like from the batter's box lol. Anyways.......Hoadwonic started and finished every game for the Warriors except for the 6th meeting vs Siegel on Thursday evening. Riverdale started their Senior pitcher to try and give Hoadwonic some rest and not to mention Siegel had already seen her 4 times. But unfortunately Thomas was only able to last for 1 2/3 innings before Siegel jumped up on Riverdale 3-0, and Hoadwonic had to come in during the 2nd inning with runners on. But she had pitched an 8 inning game vs Knox Central on Wednesday, so I guess it pretty much evens out to her pitching 7 complete games. They both pitched LOTS of innings this season, and hopefully they are able to get some rest before summer ball starts for them!!

No, not a Rdale hater...actually just had a couple of family kids graduate from there......They are State champs, the girls deserve it!

Ya'll just typical Warrior fans....like the paper...all about ya'll....as right now it should be......

Good Job Girls!

Ps...this board allows people the right to NOT keep mouths shut....You evidently dont understand that....

Congratulations Warriors!!! But can someone explain how Aisha Terry was not one of the FOUR team MVP recipients? Through all the excitment cannot lose site this coach has truly slighted her during her softball career.

Simple: HS Politics

You are a "riveridiot" if you really believe they cover that county in an unbiased way! But why would you believe any other way, its all about you....I guess you think it was another miracle too, like the USA Hockey team?

Its all about the girls that play, not the fans....

Dont know what your gonna say come football time...Was it Oakland, Smyrna, Smyrna?? But then again you wouldnt know cause you read the "Warrior News Journal" !!

Keep Readin.....

Happy Holiday!

Local newspapers typically cover local teams. Maybe you should start one!!!! Then you can use all the ink you want on whatever team you choose.

Local newspapers typically cover local teams. Maybe you should start one!!!! Then you can use all the ink you want on whatever team you choose.

You right, Einstein.....I'm just saying no matter how good the other schools do, they never get the press as Riverdale does......look at Oakland football... Smyrna's 2 time Back to Back State Championships....all other schools in the county dont get that press....and again, if you think they do.....you live on Warrior Drive! But Congratulations, Good for You...

First of all, I have to congratulate the Lady Warriors. Great job - you deserve it. As far as the DNJ goes though, I have to agree. they do seem a little partial to the school on Warrior Drive. One of their top ten sports stories for the year (may have been one of the top five-can't remember) was Riverdales football team not making it to the playoffs. It even ranked above state championship teams in Murfreesboro and other positive sports stories for the year. Sadly, the DNJ doesn't realize Murfreesboro isn't a two horse town anymore. Half of the town is no longer Riverdale supporters. I'm sure the Riverdale fans probably don't even realize the difference in press coverage, but the Blackman, Siegel, Oakland, Smyrna and Lavergne supporters do.

First of all, I have to congratulate the Lady Warriors. Great job - you deserve it. As far as the DNJ goes though, I have to agree. they do seem a little partial to the school on Warrior Drive. One of their top ten sports stories for the year (may have been one of the top five-can't remember) was Riverdales football team not making it to the playoffs. It even ranked above state championship teams in Murfreesboro and other positive sports stories for the year. Sadly, the DNJ doesn't realize Murfreesboro isn't a two horse town anymore. Half of the town is no longer Riverdale supporters. I'm sure the Riverdale fans probably don't even realize the difference in press coverage, but the Blackman, Siegel, Oakland, Smyrna and Lavergne supporters do.

Thank you Respectall......Thank you......thats all I been trying to make these "rivernuts" understand, they're "too close to the fire to see the smoke" it is ridiculous the coverage they get from the warrior News Journal compared to other schools having good yrs in any sports....And there should be another paper, one that really represents the county, not just Murfreesboro as it is called...."the Murfreesboro paper" this is what happens when "big fish eat all the little fish" in business, you get biased coverage just for one area....And I dont live in that county but see that paper alot, so I just feel sorry for the other schools being shorted by the press....Of course, all you hear from them is look how Beech got press before the tourny by the Tennessean....and maybe so...but the Lady Warriors sent that message to the Tennessean from the ball field! Good job Girls!

Thank you Respectall......Thank you......thats all I been trying to make these "rivernuts" understand, they're "too close to the fire to see the smoke" it is ridiculous the coverage they get from the warrior News Journal compared to other schools having good yrs in any sports....And there should be another paper, one that really represents the county, not just Murfreesboro as it is called...."the Murfreesboro paper" this is what happens when "big fish eat all the little fish" in business, you get biased coverage just for one area....And I dont live in that county but see that paper alot, so I just feel sorry for the other schools being shorted by the press....Of course, all you hear from them is look how Beech got press before the tourny by the Tennessean....and maybe so...but the Lady Warriors sent that message to the Tennessean from the ball field! Good job Girls!

Some of us realized it and took note of the almost total lack of coverage of Wilson County teams when they BEAT Rutherford County teams. This was especially true when we were ALL in the same Region together. Especially our bye week where WC played Lebanon and NOTHING ever was printed about it.

To me I buy one DNJ a week and that is on Sunday for the TV guide in it. Other than that it is not worth more than to be a puppy training aid. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I figure both it and the Pravda on the Cumberland will join the Dinosaurs in the next couple of years.

The reason Beech lost was because Kat was worn out. Without Kat's pitching, Beech is an average team - ok offense, but not so ok defense. Without Kat, Beech would not have gotten as far as they did. Sorry, but that is what most people think.

Oh, and one more thing....If Beech's coach would have done a better job of not pitching Kat in non-district and of no importance games, Kat would have had gas in the tank for the championship game. Not saying they would have beaten Riverdale, but would have been closer than 9 to 1. Great coaching!