State recap

intheshadow

D2 small: I thought this was a mild upset. SBEC comes in with a division 1 pitcher signee and she can't shut down little ole Davidson Academy. Looks like U of M will bring up the rear again in CUSA.

D2 large: GPS continues to show it's the dominant team in D2. Although after watching the first few innings Friday nite, their run maybe coming to an end.

A: The only surprise here is that Forrest proved that they are not intimidated by a team that has 2 of the top 5 pitchers in the state. Unfortunately for them one, the better of the two, returns next year.

AA: Unicoi came in with a chip on it's shoulder and proved that they do not need to be overlooked, although if the Lexington coach would quit playing baseball at a softball game the outcome may have been different.

AAA: Maybe the biggest surprise of the tournament. Having a chance to see Kat throw early in the season, I can attest that she didn't have her best stuff this week. She looked tired and who wouldn't be after throwing about 40 games. Even if she was at her best it still may not have helped, because those Warriors were on a mission.

What to expect for next year.

D2 small champion will come from middle tn.

D2 large will be more competitive.

Trinity will repeat in A

Lexington will win the AA championships

If Kat is not to tired by the time state rolls around, Beech will win AAA.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D2 small: I thought this was a mild upset. SBEC comes in with a division 1 pitcher signee and she can't shut down little ole Davidson Academy. Looks like U of M will bring up the rear again in CUSA.

D2 large: GPS continues to show it's the dominant team in D2. Although after watching the first few innings Friday nite, their run maybe coming to an end.

A: The only surprise here is that Forrest proved that they are not intimidated by a team that has 2 of the top 5 pitchers in the state. Unfortunately for them one, the better of the two, returns next year.

AA: Unicoi came in with a chip on it's shoulder and proved that they do not need to be overlooked, although if the Lexington coach would quit playing baseball at a softball game the outcome may have been different.

AAA: Maybe the biggest surprise of the tournament. Having a chance to see Kat throw early in the season, I can attest that she didn't have her best stuff this week. She looked tired and who wouldn't be after throwing about 40 games. Even if she was at her best it still may not have helped, because those Warriors were on a mission.

What to expect for next year.

D2 small champion will come from middle tn.

D2 large will be more competitive.

Trinity will repeat in A

Lexington will win the AA championships

If Kat is not to tired by the time state rolls around, Beech will win AAA.

"Shadow" thanks again for your picks. You really helped me on "Best from the West" thread.

In response to your summary here:

D IIA - Davidson Academy: I think you and the Tennessean gave them some incentive when they were picked to be second. Graduate a lot of seniors. Could be tough next year.

D IIAA - GPS: I think the mighty seniors will be missed. They didn't seem to be quite as dominant as in the past

D IA - Does TC have much to go with Ellen? I think Forrest will be playin' to prove somethin!

AA - How do you replace a Kelsie Cartwright? Not to mention MB and Tiff. I'm sure they'll think of something. Can Unicoi repeat?

AAA - Kat is very resilient. Fantastic young lady! She would be the first to tell you that it's not all about her. Beech will have a strong supporting cast. Riverdale or Siegel?? Which one returns the most?

Thanks again for your posts. I'm just not ready for this all to be over!

It will be interesting in AAA next year.....Soddy and Ooltewah will be in the same district with a good Walker Valley team and in the same region with Coffee County......Soddy will only lose 2 starters from this years team and returns a very good pitcher in Nunley.....I think Soddy returns to state next year......

It will be interesting in AAA next year.....Soddy and Ooltewah will be in the same district with a good Walker Valley team and in the same region with Coffee County......Soddy will only lose 2 starters from this years team and returns a very good pitcher in Nunley.....I think Soddy returns to state next year......

I agree, Soddy is a solid team and returns virtually everyone. Don't think they will be losing at Soddy lake in sections again 2 years in a row. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coffee County will be losing 5 starters, they should have went much further in the playoffs but I place the blame straight on the coach. I would not look for much out this team for at least the next year or two.

Coffee County will be losing 5 starters, they should have went much further in the playoffs but I place the blame straight on the coach. I would not look for much out this team for at least the next year or two.

I think its funny when folks(mommies and daddies) always want to blame someone else. CC had a good team this year but past Lucky,Noitall and the home town folks No one else expected them to do anything other than what they did... They actually did better than what I expected! Midway thru the season it wasn't even clear that they would win their own district but they did.... Can't blame the coach for not going further.

I think its funny when folks(mommies and daddies) always want to blame someone else. CC had a good team this year but past Lucky,Noitall and the home town folks No one else expected them to do anything other than what they did... They actually did better than what I expected! Midway thru the season it wasn't even clear that they would win their own district but they did.... Can't blame the coach for not going further.

And the peeballexperet slithers back in.

it"s funny how everyone from middle tn picks only middle tn teams to repeat or not to repeat to be back to state in 2010. you already have beech and riverdale playing the championship game next year. look at the AAA state champions since 2003: 2003 soddy 2005 red bank 2006 and 2007 soddy 2008 ooltewah i believe that's chattanooga teams. soddy would beat riverdale 2 of every 3 games. if you did not see the sectional you do not know the whole story. soddy hit some bombs against riverdale that would have been out of any other 200 foot fence in the state. i saw at least 3 plus the triple off the top of the 225 foot fence that are home runs. riverdale should be very glad their stae run brought them to soddy lake and that they got to play on their 225 foot fence.

it"s funny how everyone from middle tn picks only middle tn teams to repeat or not to repeat to be back to state in 2010. you already have beech and riverdale playing the championship game next year. look at the AAA state champions since 2003: 2003 soddy 2005 red bank 2006 and 2007 soddy 2008 ooltewah i believe that's chattanooga teams. soddy would beat riverdale 2 of every 3 games. if you did not see the sectional you do not know the whole story. soddy hit some bombs against riverdale that would have been out of any other 200 foot fence in the state. i saw at least 3 plus the triple off the top of the 225 foot fence that are home runs. riverdale should be very glad their stae run brought them to soddy lake and that they got to play on their 225 foot fence.

Riverdale also had two bombs that would have been out in that game, by Souviney and O'Brien....selective memory I 'm guessing

Then they should build their own facility with 200-ft distances. There's no reason the best program in the state, as far as titles, the last 15 years or so should be playing in a city park well away from campus.

And the peeballexperet slithers back in.

When a tree falls in the forest smashing a "bug" & no see's it happen does that mean that the bug never existed since nothing seen it go away?............ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />