2nd Best 2A Team in 08

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted......Milan has the hardware and history book so our opinions mean squat......and i'm basing that opinion on the 1 game i saw Milan play........1 great player.......#19 i think........that kept them in the game.......Loudon and CAK were much deeper

So you're saying Milan had 1 player that kept them in the game against a team that just won 5 straight gold balls? I think you may be off in your assessment of Milan's depth. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well boys and girls, I know you can't compare score's but........

....Boyd beats CAK (21-14), split with Marion Co. (21-20, 6-7), and lose to Tyner (18-20). Tyner loses to Westmoreland (21-20 in playoffs). Boyd kills Westmoreland the next week (34-0). Westmoreland loses to Smith Co. (14-6) in the regular season. Marion beats Smith Co. (18-13) in the playoffs. South Pitt. beats M.C. (48-13), Tyner (28-21), and Boyd (7-6). T.C. beats Smith Co. (20-0) and South Pitt. (13-6)..........

= Trousdale County, 2nd best team in 2A in '08!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> (just kidding)

Boyd's defense last year was probably the best around...we struggled some on offense with turnovers...Boyd lost 3 games all year by a total of 4 points....Tyner by 2, Marion by 1, and South Pitt by 1. We lose several hard to replace seniors, but I think the guys will step it up and have a GREAT year!!!! Go Bucs!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> We have some "Unfinished Business"!!!

Funny but true, truth hurts sometimes. By the way, what was the stats on the TC SP game? Oh yea, i remember now. #2 on the bench and TC by as much as they wanted......lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Skynanny, Gone Incognito hum........................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Pirate says you fellers keep remembering that ear holeing them youngons got last year. SP folks can sleep nights knowing their team NEVER got beat by 40+. TC folks will be happy to tell you they were lucky to win and the game on the creekbank was a dilly and SP folks never starting leaving at the half. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate don't rightly remember the TC vs SP stats but will attempt to find out. 1 stat OP well remembers is the dropped SP TD pass as time expires. Some SP folks have festered yellow jackets stingers they haven't yet plucked. Dad burnit, The dropping of that pass made OP want a shot of cousin Lester's moon shine.

Well boys and girls, I know you can't compare score's but........

....Boyd beats CAK (21-14), split with Marion Co. (21-20, 6-7), and lose to Tyner (18-20). Tyner loses to Westmoreland (21-20 in playoffs). Boyd kills Westmoreland the next week (34-0). Westmoreland loses to Smith Co. (14-6) in the regular season. Marion beats Smith Co. (18-13) in the playoffs. South Pitt. beats M.C. (48-13), Tyner (28-21), and Boyd (7-6). T.C. beats Smith Co. (20-0) and South Pitt. (13-6)..........

= Trousdale County, 2nd best team in 2A in '08!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> (just kidding)

Lol fair enough

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Skynanny, Gone Incognito hum........................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Pirate says you fellers keep remembering that ear holeing them youngons got last year. SP folks can sleep nights knowing their team NEVER got beat by 40+. TC folks will be happy to tell you they were lucky to win and the game on the creekbank was a dilly and SP folks never starting leaving at the half. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate don't rightly remember that TC vs SP but will attempt to find out. 1 stat OP well remembers is the dropped SP TD pass as time exspires. The dropping of that pass made OP want a shot of cousin Lester's moon shine.

Well op, I don't have to remember anything about MC last year. My team only lost by 1 to your pirates. About time I heard some excuses out you sp fans. Any way, the second best team in 2a would be a split between bb and mc. (imo)

So you're saying Milan had 1 player that kept them in the game against a team that just won 5 straight gold balls? I think you may be off in your assessment of Milan's depth. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Milan had great players all over the field!

Milan would have killed Loudon just like Alcoa did............

Marion Co. and Milan where very similar teams. Very physical and powerful running teams.

CAK had a very balanced offense, but their defense was not quite as physical as MC and Milan.

....................just my .02 cent worth? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Pirate thought BB had the best team who out played Jasper on the field for most of the game as stats prove. Fellers the best don't always win or chosen first. Granted Jasper won the game and you fellers can put to sleep the SP folks care Jasper went 1 week further. Fact is neither could or would have beaten TC and SP ear holed them both. OP has an idea........ perhaps the 2 ADs can put together a rematch this summer and let the winners take the whole gate funds. Nothing would please OP more than see them fellers wearing them ther rose colored glasses leaving the stands by the half again.................................................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

TTP some SP folks have been upset coach Vic took it lite on them ther Jasper fellers. Guess coach Vic didn't see the need with the majority of Jasper folks heading to their cars by half time. It would have been NO problem passing 50.................. be thankful SP showed sympathy. OP says a team that gets beat so soundly by a little 1A team like SP and gives up 500 yds of offense while mustering maybe 100 yds of offense is surely Not the 2nd best team 2A has to offer. OP says them Jasper youngons played hard but just don't have rose colored glasses to see what most of them ther Jasper folks see.

No rose colored glasses here, you know me better than that. I was the one who was thrown under the bus by my own fans last year after saying that we wouldn't beat SP. As far as little ole SP, I think we have already been down that road and to the edge of that cliff, so we know why yall have the advantage year after year. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I will just go on what most of the fine folk from knoxville say about who the second best in 2a is, doesn't matter though, you still don't get a ring for second!!

Well....let's see........Milan had 131 yds rushing and 4 yds receiving for 135 yds total...........Williamson had 64 yds.......almost half the total offense............Williamson had 22 of the 75 total tackles....or almost 1/3rd......i'd say my assessment isn't very far off /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That being said.....Williamson may well be the best individual player i saw last season

[/b]

Well op, I don't have to remember anything about MC last year. My team only lost by 1 to your pirates. About time I heard some excuses out you sp fans. Any way, the second best team in 2a would be a split between bb and mc. (imo)

Skynanny, Old Pirate says you must not be much of a sportsman. Sometimes you go a fishing and come home short after fishing the same area with the same bait and sometimes you can go a hunting and find out the prey is actually hunting you, gits plum scary....bout makes OP wet on hisself jest athinking bout it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well....let's see........Milan had 131 yds rushing and 4 yds receiving for 135 yds total...........Williamson had 64 yds.......almost half the total offense............Williamson had 22 of the 75 total tackles....or almost 1/3rd......i'd say my assessment isn't very far off /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That being said.....Williamson may well be the best individual player i saw last season

I won't argue that Avery is a game changer but #88 Christian Coleman was huge at DE which helped Avery get a lot of those tackles.