Yet Another Coaching Vacancy

jackpot1255

Our boys would love for Scott Moore to be their coach. Several of them play for him during the Summer on an AAU team. These boys play so hard for him, more than any other coach I have seen them play for. They have such a great deal of respect for him. He can bring out the talent of any kid and get him to excute in ways you wouldn't believe. If Houston County Administration would for once listen to the players, students, parents and community they should put the politics aside and give the job to Scott Moore!!!!!!! Or they could look at like this, the more games you win the more the community comes out to watch them play which in turn means the more $$$$ you make at the gate and the more $$$ you make in the concessions. But what do I know I'm just a mom. LOL

I totally agree with you hchsmom, Scott Moore would be an excellent coach for these young men...Coach Moore will bring out the best in any athlete.. He has the desire to win and add fire to his team and praise his team in the end for the hard work and dedication..I have been around his coaching and seen kids work hard and win championships, so leave the politics out and give Coach Moore and these young men the opportunity to show this community what they can accomplish!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have been out of town the last few weeks but, I know many people from the Houston county area, and I talked to a few members of the community, including two members of the board within the last few days. Knowing or not knowing the situation about Coach Moore, he will not get the job.... Not saying he is not deserving, but its a small town and people up at the top...(actually the top two...would never let it happen....) So take him out of the picture...I have alot of respect for him, but he would not be the best hire anyhow...Two coaches that made appearances in the state tourney jsut this past year have applied or atleast shown interest in the job... Trotter, a native of Waverly, son of Gene Trotter(TSSAA HOF, as a coach), would have no problem playing the best player and would have the upmost respect from the ones who know basketballin the HC area(not just because of his father, but his own record at that)...The other guy is from Fulton, and used to be an assistant at Northeast (maybe Northwest)...And has contacts with the current principal of HC. From the sources i heard from he is actually the leading canidate, because of this tie...I am not sure if he has ever held a head coaching position or not...

What happened with moore is pretty bad i will say, and he is a very good modivator....Beal resigned from the way that coach baggett decided to disipline some of the players, which i tend to have to agree with him on...But whoever said something about him resigning for the better job in nashville then getting a "created" position is 100% correct....I am pretty sure that he would not want the head coaching job anyhow...unless he told me personally otherwise....I think that Coach young has no real interest in it since the girls have a much brighter future anyhow...Butcheralli(sp?) will not get the job...has no connections nor the resume of the other canidates...I personally would like to see Trotter hired, because if you saw what he did with the talent he had this year, you would agree...Ask CA...

Ok I have been out of town the last few weeks but, I know many people from the Houston county area, and I talked to a few members of the community, including two members of the board within the last few days. Knowing or not knowing the situation about Coach Moore, he will not get the job.... Not saying he is not deserving, but its a small town and people up at the top...(actually the top two...would never let it happen....) So take him out of the picture...I have alot of respect for him, but he would not be the best hire anyhow...Two coaches that made appearances in the state tourney jsut this past year have applied or atleast shown interest in the job... Trotter, a native of Waverly, son of Gene Trotter(TSSAA HOF, as a coach), would have no problem playing the best player and would have the upmost respect from the ones who know basketballin the HC area(not just because of his father, but his own record at that)...The other guy is from Fulton, and used to be an assistant at Northeast (maybe Northwest)...And has contacts with the current principal of HC. From the sources i heard from he is actually the leading canidate, because of this tie...I am not sure if he has ever held a head coaching position or not...

What happened with moore is pretty bad i will say, and he is a very good modivator....Beal resigned from the way that coach baggett decided to disipline some of the players, which i tend to have to agree with him on...But whoever said something about him resigning for the better job in nashville then getting a "created" position is 100% correct....I am pretty sure that he would not want the head coaching job anyhow...unless he told me personally otherwise....I think that Coach young has no real interest in it since the girls have a much brighter future anyhow...Butcheralli(sp?) will not get the job...has no connections nor the resume of the other canidates...I personally would like to see Trotter hired, because if you saw what he did with the talent he had this year, you would agree...Ask CA...

Trotter isn't even in the mix as of yet. as to the top "2", well, the ballplayers have asked for a meeting with # 1 and she told the boy who went in to set the meeting up that the final call was Ms Jolleys, the principal. If what you say is true, then she has ties to this guy like with Coach Young, don't get me wrong, Young is a good coach and a likeable fellow, and did wonders with the girls last year. I highly respect him, but.............. are we going to have an all NE faculty at the hs? Also, Who is # 2? Just curious..........Butcherelli was JV boys coach a couple of years ago, so Yes, he has ties, he is also a local.

As I said in an earlier post, grudges are held, like a bunch of children. No one looks to what the team wants, or what will bring in the money at the gate. We who actually know whats going on just sit back and shake our heads in disbelief at the foolishness of it all. I am making a plea to admin, and I know they read this, do whats best for the team. Be it Moore or any of the others. But don't let what yall consider the problem stand in the way. It wouldn't of been a problem if it had of been taken care of when it started.

I agree with you 100% mom, and grendal has a point about Trotter, but Coach Moore knows these boys, and I know they will play hard and give 120% for him. We have a team with real potential to go far this year, and Moore is the one they will do it for. They want him, the parents want him, hes a local boy born and raised, and I too think it will raise attendance at the games. Money Money Money. Admin?? Will you listen to your parents and players? Will you do whats best for your students and our area, or will you bury your head in the sand and continue to hold a grudge?

I agree, Coach Young would be the best choice for the team.

Not really sure that Trotter wants the job or not.

I dont think he would work as hard with them as he does for Summertown.

trotter didnt even apply for the job the top two people for the job is moore and cox ms jolly (the pricipal the one in charge over the position) told me herself

hmm i wonder how u no all his, and the third one is name is cox from souh fulton near the knoxville area how i didnt no i made ur memory this bad mom i just told u who it was lol..and we havent got the meeting together yet but its coming soon i promise .

wow yeah i really spelt everything wrong lol

I just wanted to contribute to what is being said. I just want to say that Scott & Heather are good people & they have great children. Scott is a good teacher & a good basketball coach. He has taught and coached my child a few years back and did a tremendous job. I also think a lot of Cathy & Mark. I just want to know why they are so dead set on trying to destroy this families life and Scott's career.What Scott & Heather have to do as parents is nothing personal to Mark or Cathy. I have talked to Scott & Heather before and I know that they think the world of Cathy Harvey and they have great respect for Mark Beal even though they know he doesn't care much for them. Scott & Heather are humble people who want the best for their family and who care a lot about the youth in Houston County. The "top two" we are hearing about has done enough damage to this man's career and to his family. He had a promising career, his son gets bullied, then gets the ___ beat out of him, and its all their own fault and we should just try and run them out of the county where his whole family was born and raised.I got one thing to say to the "top two". Self Pride is a dangeruos thing. You all need to set down talk this out with all parties and do the right thing and hire Scott as the high school coach. You will all be better for it.

I just wanted to contribute to what is being said. I just want to say that Scott & Heather are good people & they have great children. Scott is a good teacher & a good basketball coach. He has taught and coached my child a few years back and did a tremendous job. I also think a lot of Cathy & Mark. I just want to know why they are so dead set on trying to destroy this families life and Scott's career.What Scott & Heather have to do as parents is nothing personal to Mark or Cathy. I have talked to Scott & Heather before and I know that they think the world of Cathy Harvey and they have great respect for Mark Beal even though they know he doesn't care much for them. Scott & Heather are humble people who want the best for their family and who care a lot about the youth in Houston County. The "top two" we are hearing about has done enough damage to this man's career and to his family. He had a promising career, his son gets bullied, then gets the ___ beat out of him, and its all their own fault and we should just try and run them out of the county where his whole family was born and raised.I got one thing to say to the "top two". Self Pride is a dangeruos thing. You all need to set down talk this out with all parties and do the right thing and hire Scott as the high school coach. You will all be better for it.

Great Post Greatergood!!! My question for the top two is this... say the roles were reversed and it was one of your children that this had happened to, what would you have done? You would have expected the school system to have handled it properly and when they didn't you would have been forced to do the exact same thing. Any parent faced with the same situation would. This has been going on for way too long and it is time for you to admit the system failed in this situation, get over it, and move on. Now my next question is this........If you decide to give the job to another Coach besides Coach Moore how do you think it is going to go over with the team when they have been so openly about who they want as their coach and would you want to be a new coach coming into a new school knowing that your team wanted someone else? To me that sounds like a huge problem that could be avoided.