All-State

sportsfan09

I have to agree Newell had the biggest boast for DC to even make to the state when he hit the 2 run homer to tie Ripley in the region. He hit it off of one of the best pitchers in the state edenfield. And from what I seen in the box scores he dominated and DC would have not made it as far as they did unless he had come through when he did.

12 for 16 in the state tourney in 2A is awesome. Some of these guys that made it could not even make some of the teams in 2A in west Tn.

I was glad that DC won the state, that made 2A in west tn and Ripley look better since they beat us twice this year only by one run each game with the region game going into extra innings. And DC would not even had a prayer unless Nick hit that two run homer. You have to agree ! by far the edge DC had.

My son played for dyersburg and we would not have made it without joey wilder or tyler lyons and they didnt make it! I would have to say DC would not of have a prayer without Patterson, Thomas, Gammons, C. Harris, T. Roberson! Newell just got hot and you guys think he needs a bunch of accolades. You take Shea thomas off of short and their record would have been sub par. Im sure there is a lot of deserving BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ALL STATE! NEWELL DIDNT EVEN MAKE ALL DISTRICT OR ALL TOURNAMENT!!!! wake up

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again the process is purely politcal. Three obvious examples really stand out to me. First Nicky Delmonico, second team, give me a break. This kid is not only one of the best players in the state but the nation. Sunbelt all-tournament, Team USA, he will be a high draft pick out of high school. Second Ryan Casteel, Bradley County. UT signee, chose to go JUCO to raise his draft status, head and shoulders best catcher in the Chattanooga area. Lastly one kid is all-state catcher when he was maybe, and I say maybe, the third best catcher in his district.

This happens every year and is only a few examples of the political process.

My son played for dyersburg and we would not have made it without joey wilder or tyler lyons and they didnt make it! I would have to say DC would not of have a prayer without Patterson, Thomas, Gammons, C. Harris, T. Roberson! Newell just got hot and you guys think he needs a bunch of accolades. You take Shea thomas off of short and their record would have been sub par. Im sure there is a lot of deserving BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ALL STATE! NEWELL DIDNT EVEN MAKE ALL DISTRICT OR ALL TOURNAMENT!!!! wake up

I totally agree!! Newell had a great state tournament but Shea and J.P did it all year every year since they have played ball! As for Colton, he is just a awesome talent!! It would not suprise me if he makes it every year! Newell better luck next year!!

Heck, you just named more than half the team.......and that is why it's called TEAM. I NEVER said the other guys didn't deserve it or that our TEAM wouldn't have made it anywhere without any one person. Heck I didn't even mention ANY names at all. I'm sorry that YOU feel that Dyersburg would not have made it at all without Joey or Tyler....I bet they don't feel that way.........although they are both great ball players AND kids.

Guess I should've waited to see if there was a State All Tournament team. Plus I just realized they combine ALL divisions, which makes it even tougher to make.

Again the process is purely politcal. Three obvious examples really stand out to me. First Nicky Delmonico, second team, give me a break. This kid is not only one of the best players in the state but the nation. Sunbelt all-tournament, Team USA, he will be a high draft pick out of high school. Second Ryan Casteel, Bradley County. UT signee, chose to go JUCO to raise his draft status, head and shoulders best catcher in the Chattanooga area. Lastly one kid is all-state catcher when he was maybe, and I say maybe, the third best catcher in his district.

This happens every year and is only a few examples of the political process.

I think the catcher you are referring too hit a legit .623 with 12 HR and 53 rbi's. Don't know why his BA is not in the stat leaders. Not too bad for a sophomore!

I think the catcher you are referring too hit a legit .623 with 12 HR and 53 rbi's. Don't know why his BA is not in the stat leaders. Not too bad for a sophomore!

I've been watching the Allen kid for a long time and he is the real deal. I saw him hit a line drive out of Lindsay Nelson this past weekend. He's a legitimate D-1/ pro prospect. I don't give a crap if he plays Single A in high school. He was getting it done this past weekend against D1 signees. He would be even better if he just concentrated on baseball.

And trust me, politics got this kid nowhere....he is doing on his own. His parents aren't tail kissers at all....

I will say it again, No catcher in the area compares to Casteel. I have been lucky enough to attend baseball games across the area during the high school season. I mean no disrespect to anyone and have not accused anyone of being a "tailkisser". With that said, maybe Casteel was not nominated by his coach.If you guys think no politics are involved, wake up. Good , concerned coaches will and should politic for their kids. I will again refer to Delmonco as an example, good enough to make the Team USA 18 year old (he is 16) but not good enough to be first team all-state.

Not to ruffle any feathers but kids make the team & don't make the team for various reasons. Often times a very strong player does not make the team because they are not nominated by their head coach. Other times they are beat out by someone that has better numbers but has not played the competition. Beleive me when I say that it does not matter at all to college or pro scouts if a player makes the All-State team. These people are smart enough to know that often times high school stats have been inflated/deflated to make the player look better than they are or not recorded properly. Some of these kids have a great BA but have not faced more than 2 pitchers during the regular season that will pitch in college while others may have a lower BA but faced 15 pitchers that will pitch in college or professional baseball. You must trust the fact that both college & professional scouts know what they are doing & could care less about high school stats.