Best Sophmore Players in East TN

Hawk1434

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I've seen all of the players you are hyping and I do not think they are the best Sophmore players in Northeast Tennessee, much less East Tennessee. The boy from Unicoi County is not even the best Sophmore in his own conference. Chuck Lindholm of Volunteer is better than any of the players you speak of. In fact Volunteer has a couple of other sophmores that may be as good as the four the two of you are talking about. They play on a Senior laden team.

I do not have Lindholm's stats at this time but his averages are atleast as good as any of the four you talk about. This is is spite of the fact he plays with others that are capable of lighting it up. I think that all three of the players I am talking about could start for Unaka and could either start or get significant plyaing time with Unicoi County.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 12-17-02 11:03P]

The "boy from Unicoi County" put 27 points on Volunteer in their own building. If Volunteer is good, which we both agree they are, you have to admit that 27 against them is a superior performance. Otherwise, you are contradicting yourself. I concur that Chucky is a fantastic player though. He's Division 1 material without a doubt.

Guest CSmith50

I know this was about east TN but someone metioned a guy thats best in the whole state but I really doubt he's better than Brandon Allen from Bartlett who started varsity his freshman year and avergaed 10 ppg and I think like around 10 rebounds now I thinks he's averaging somewhere around 15 - 20 ppg and quite a few rebounds I'm not sure about all those numbers but I think he'll be ranked in the top 10 players his junior and senior year he can also jump out of the gym and he's a great athlete

Guest CSmith50

I know this was about east TN but someone metioned a guy thats best in the whole state but I really doubt he's better than Brandon Allen from Bartlett who started varsity his freshman year and avergaed 10 ppg and I think like around 10 rebounds now I thinks he's averaging somewhere around 15 - 20 ppg and quite a few rebounds I'm not sure about all those numbers but I think he'll be ranked in the top 10 players his junior and senior year he can also jump out of the gym and he's a great athlete

Guest Missinthegame

i know this thread is for east tn, but i can't go without mentioning one from middle. DANIEL MEADOR of rbs...6'3" sophomore with LOADS OF TALENT. already dunked one (rbs at macon county--cross-county rival by the way, so that made it EVEN BETTER! :) ). Trust me, this guy is worth watching!

Yes, he got hot from the outside because Volunteer had them bottled up inside and he made the game close. I also know that one game does not make a player. It is what he does day in and day out. Lindholm will average almost 20 ppg. The other night he had 33 against Cherokee. Last night against Clinch he only played about 8 minutes and was in double figures. I think you are getting overly excited about your boy because he had one really good game against a good team. Also he does not have as much talent around him and will get more scoring chances than a boy that plays on a team with several talented players on his team.

I don't know what Matt White's stats are, but Chucky has turned out to be one of the best Sophs in East TN. He has worked hard and is averaging 17ppg, 9.5rpg, 2 assist per game, and 1.5 steals per game. And he is getting points at 56% from the field and 78% from the free throw line. Who else in the Watauga conference is doing that? Yes Matt may score, but is he giving assist? Rebounds? Steals? There's more to the game than just points. And to your other comment jmourn.....Unicoi County is 0-2 in the conference. Is that the second best place in the conference? They have a good team and a great coaching staff. They will be a threat in the conference, but right now you can't say they are the second best team in the conference--can you?

I didn't say that Unicoi was the 2nd best in the conference. I said that Volunteer may be the 2nd best team besides Elizabethton.

Judging by what the newpapers have reported, White is getting about 8 rpg. I'm not sure how many assists but I'm sure it's more than 2, and he does shoot a high percentage from the field, line, and 3-pt territory. And yes, Matt is "giving assists, rebounds, and steals". I'd say that he would match up well with anybody in all of those categories. I'll have to get some official stats on all of those for you, but he does much more than score if you've ever seen him play. Funny you'd say that without having anything to base it on, just because he is a good scorer.

Guest jackson25

Jonathan Orick and Dustin Walker i think should be added to the list of top sophmores in East TN. They both go to Oneida and put a lot of effort into the game. While Jonathan is dishing the ball off, averaging about 9 assists a game and Dustin averaging about 20 points a game and that is shooting 75% from three point range, u have to say that this is going to be a dominant duo in East TN in their closing years of their high school careers. U can not leave out Rhyne Douglas or Casey Byrd in that matter. They r also two dominant players this year on the oneida roster, since they do not have any seniors. When this class of players make it to their senior year, with the help of a good coach (if they ever get one), they will make it far in their year.