'09 South Rebels, Starting Lineup

muttandjeff

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expanded lockers,remodeled film room and recently remodeled coaches office.

There is only so much you can do with available space. The facility is very nice in my opinion and as you mentioned Dr. McMillin got all of that rolling with a lot of focus and effort 5 years ago.

Headrick would project to be a contributing WR as Jr and Sr IMO. And he may yet elect to play. I would think he would be better served to initiate that position transition in South's system as a freshman and then consider his options his soph. year. I envision him as another Henry Ringley/Seth Johnson WR type who were primarily basketball and baseball guys who discovered Stacy's brand of run and shoot to be a fun aspect of football. As we well know they were very successful in that transition after not playing high school ball their 1st years on campus. Headrick has good speed and catches the ball well. As SSFan mentioned,lets not give up on him and keep the encouragement up for all these kids.

Thanks for the info about the facilities Crawdad. I have quit making the long climb down and back up those steps and haven't seen the inside of those buildings for a couple of years. Just a few years ago there are not many football fans in the Colonial Heights community that would have imagined that South football would be as good as it is today. These young men who coach at South have truly done a wonderful job and we should be thankful to have them in our town. The best part is that the best part is yet to come. Every year the kids are getting stronger and learning more about what it takes to be successful. From what I have heard this will be South's physically strongest team ever. I really think now that if consolidation or annexation don't take it away, we will be seeing a gold ball in the South trophy cases in the not too distant future.

I guess you are right. I have seen kids "turn the corner" later than others so I'd say it was unfair of me to say he doesn't have a future in football. I was actually complimenting his baseball talents more so than noting what I thought were football shortcomings. The kid is very athletic and has a bright future in baseball.

I didn't mean to jump up all stifflegged on ya Volman. I know you are a true South fan who is just wanting what is best for the Rebels. The one thing I hope we all can agree on is that all these kids, in all these schools, whatever they are involved in have a bright future in something because if they don't, then all the work in all the years before, has been done in vain.

South being ranked 4th in the state is a discussable subject. Catholic is loaded from what I hear. Hillsboro lost alot to graduation but I wasn't that impressed with their play against a less than stellar Maryville squad. Henry County lost the family jewels. South loses an all state calibre' O. These polls are based on historical performance. I doubt seriously these people know what our current offenses' credibility is. So I think the top 5 could be wide open. I definately think South is a top 10 candidate as well as Hillsboro. Bristol will pack a punch as will MoEast. And I can think of 5 middle TN teams that are packed and ready. Not to mention Cleveland and the Chattanooga clubs. In all honesty, I feel right now that South has the calibre' of D that '08's O was. That's a pretty big serving. The O will take time to gel. I know everybody thinks we are a 75% running team for '09...and I agree. The talk about Heath and Aaron battling for the job is silly in my view. They both are ready and bring something different to the table. Stacy will have to utilyze that. I am not traditionally an advocate of a two QB O but that's what I see. This type of game plan is usually not productive but somehow I have a good feeling about it. I don't like it that Knox West is ranked so low because first of all that is wrong and second it gives our Rebels a false sense of security. I believe if Stacy can prepare them for any game this year it will be week 0. The O has the skill and there is no doubt they by and large have enough experience. This is a bit much pressure to put on him but I believe it hinges on the Saint. I don't see Heath running the O at this junction but of course he is a crucial component. The Saint will make this O or break it. They thought in '07 if they stopped Curt they stopped South...the thought in '08 we in no way could have the power we had in '07...And everyone tells me that it will be a stretch for the '09 O to trump the '08 O...but I think they have the collective components to do just that. It's still early and I don't think we will know what to think until week 0. But on a positive not, Stacy says this group is highly motivated and has as good if not better work ethic than he has had to date. And I don't doubt his words. And that is what we have to go on until August. I am optimistic that under pressure this group will power forward. It will once again be exciting.

We've got two weeks worth of injury free guarantee under our Rebel belts. Mutt&Jeff, love ya dude, but you are kickin' around the wrong people... ask someone who spends every day with this kids and I'll tell ya what you want to know. If all you want is returning player info, etc, just freakin' get an old program. If you want to know what camps these kids are attending each weekend, what schools are recruiting whom, or any other real information....I'll be glad to help. Check yourself, however. I whipped WACO so hard that he follows me around like a puppy and stalks me all over coach T with admiring yoga comments. And as he learned the hard way, don't bring a toothpick to a gunfight.

Waco- your mom said she's baking you cookies so when you finish practicing your tuba, come upstairs and she'll fix a snack before your nap. Did you borrow my black belt again? Please stop doing that. It doesn't match your band uniform at all.

ETMem--- want me to set up your website and write the stories for you? I can do it in my spare time--- and make you famous. You'll need someone with all the secret inside info... sweet talking works best. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

BMom

We've got two weeks worth of injury free guarantee under our Rebel belts. Mutt&Jeff, love ya dude, but you are kickin' around the wrong people... ask someone who spends every day with this kids and I'll tell ya what you want to know. If all you want is returning player info, etc, just freakin' get an old program. If you want to know what camps these kids are attending each weekend, what schools are recruiting whom, or any other real information....I'll be glad to help. Check yourself, however. I whipped WACO so hard that he follows me around like a puppy and stalks me all over coach T with admiring yoga comments. And as he learned the hard way, don't bring a toothpick to a gunfight.

Waco- your mom said she's baking you cookies so when you finish practicing your tuba, come upstairs and she'll fix a snack before your nap. Did you borrow my black belt again? Please stop doing that. It doesn't match your band uniform at all.

ETMem--- want me to set up your website and write the stories for you? I can do it in my spare time--- and make you famous. You'll need someone with all the secret inside info... sweet talking works best. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

BMom

i will be getting in touch about south sports, getting all the kinks out. these have been trail runs.

BMom

I see Im still in your head. And Its still empty in here. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The ole' crystal ball had some dust on it. I cleaned it off and what do I see? Clint Phillips in the backfield. Harrrumph!

This could mean that BTaylorMom could soon be teaching "YOGA" at Sullivan North. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Is this the thread where knowledgeable people will actually discuss football? If so, some of us out there would like to be enlightened by those "in the know" about what is going on with South players. Anyone know anything about camps being attended by Ty or others, and any news on colleges interested in Ty or Bobby or anyone? I heard several players went to a good camp in NC -- anyone know how that went?

Is this the thread where knowledgeable people will actually discuss football? If so, some of us out there would like to be enlightened by those "in the know" about what is going on with South players. Anyone know anything about camps being attended by Ty or others, and any news on colleges interested in Ty or Bobby or anyone? I heard several players went to a good camp in NC -- anyone know how that went?

That was camp Merri-Mac. They have a web-site but Im not sure of the addy. You can probably Google the name and pull it up.