District 9-A

Eagles13

We lost two pitchers, out catcher and our second baseman but we have some pretty good kids to take their spots. I like our chances at Eagleville this year. I know Cascade, MTCS and Chapel Hill all lost some key players but I'm sure their coaches will have these spots filled as well. Unionville has a new coach, I don't know anything about him. Should be an interesting season.

; DID I HEAR RIGHT, EAGLEVILLE HAS A NEW COACH? I HEARD THAT THEY GOT THE COACH FROM CANON COUNTY NOW. IF SO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COACH FROM LAST YERA? HE HAD THEM GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost two pitchers, out catcher and our second baseman but we have some pretty good kids to take their spots. I like our chances at Eagleville this year. I know Cascade, MTCS and Chapel Hill all lost some key players but I'm sure their coaches will have these spots filled as well. Unionville has a new coach, I don't know anything about him. Should be an interesting season.

; DID I HEAR RIGHT, EAGLEVILLE HAS A NEW COACH? I HEARD THAT THEY GOT THE COACH FROM CANON COUNTY NOW. IF SO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COACH FROM LAST YERA? HE HAD THEM GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

:popcorneater: OOPS I MISPELLED YEAR. GO FIGURE

:popcorneater: OOPS I MISPELLED YEAR. GO FIGURE

Community is the team with the new Coach. I think Josh Burham is only coaching their Middle School team this year. I don't know about Eagleville.

MTCS GOT A CHANCE THIS WEEKEND TO SCRIMMAGE EZELL HARDING. IT WAS A BASEBALL WEATHER WEEKEND. BOTH TEAMS LOOKED GOOD , FOR THE 1ST TIME SEEING LIVE PITCHING AND HITTING. THE PITCHERS WERE WAY AHEAD OF THE HITTERS AS SHOUD BE EXPECTED.

DID ANYONE ELSE GET A CHANCE TO TANGLE WITH ANY OTHER TEAMS?

Irish 4,

Doesnt look like many people want to talk about 9A baseball just yet. Maybe it is to cold for them. Some are still playing basketball.

As far as the cougars go, I did see some spots that we need to improve upon. I think that the longer practices that they are having is letting them get in more reps. Hard to work 28 players everyday. When we get the field construction finished that should help even more.

Pitching looked decent, fielding was average, and as always hitting could be better. We need to be more aggressive at the plate. That normally comes around closer to the season start. As for first day I would give us a C+. Would have been lower but the pitching brought the final grade up.

Maybe some of the other schools will post how they are doing. I believe Cascade has not played yet as they had a workday, and I believe Eagleville played a AAA school. Not sure about any of the others.

:hungry::hungry::hungry:

WELL I"M EXCITED THAT WE WILL HAVE A SRIMMAGE THIS SUNNY WEEKEND AT HOME. THE HIGH IS SUPPOSED TO BE 48. THAT SHOULD BE FINE AS LONG AS IT NOT WINDY. I THINK WE ARE AS PUMPED AS THE KIDS ARE. I AGREE THAT IT IS HARD TO TELL HOW A TEAM IS THIS EARLY, BUT THE COMRADERIE AND PITCHING AND DEFENSE IS REAL GOOD. HITTING WILL PICK UP QUICKLY. I DON,T KNOW MUCH ABOUT MLK OTHER THAN ATHLETIC. BUT A SCRIMMAGE IS A SCRIMMAGE. :popcorneater:

forrest scrimmages @ marshall co. tomorrow afternoon. they have a lot of questions and a lot more possible ways of answering them. forrest's line up is probably gonna change every game. just one of those teams where there is literally a battle for every single position on the field. forrest also scrimmages summertown and loretto next week so we'll see who shows up to take over ALL starting positions.

good luck to everyone :thumb: