single A state championship!

pcviking23

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch for Lake Co....they're going to be an awfully good team next year. They got some speed, heigth, and ball handlers!

Humboldt is going to be good too. They return Quan Campbell and Darren Dunbar.

if ur countin in lake co. then u have to put perry co in there they beat lake co by 8 in westview. pc is beating top schools in camp this summer (martin westview, lake co, mcnairy central, dyersburg)

Watch for Lake Co....they're going to be an awfully good team next year. They got some speed, heigth, and ball handlers!

Humboldt is going to be good too. They return Quan Campbell and Darren Dunbar.

G.C..I thought you were picking Lake Co to come in 3rd in the district..Surprised by you saying Lake Co..Did you go to any of the games in Martin G.C.?Have you seen Lake Co in any camps so far..I read what PC Viking said..I can't comment on Lake Co yet because I haven't seen them..Don't know who Whitby will be starting yet..I would think Caleb Bledsoe,Patrick Robertson,Leron Garret,Rafeal Tyler,and maybe Calius Hockett will be the starters..But Falcon Fan has said something about a Swift kid..Didn't think Hockett was there..Ricky Boyd also could be in the mix..Really just have to wait and see..You know as well as anyone that Coach Whitby is notorious for putting in different lineups..Even during the regular season..he may have two starters on the bench and have a couple freshmen on the floor..Just getting out of the district is tough enough with Union City,Humboldt etc..Coach Whitby in recent years hasn't worried about the regular season so much and plays a lot of younger players and then toward the end of the season seems to play what he thinks is the best players..So I'm pretty sure he is playing everyone in the camps..Lake Co should be in the mix hopefully..Sounds like PC is going to be loaded as well.. I actually think once Bledsoe plays more during the season..Lake Co will be pretty good..Coach Whitby has told me the past two seasons that Bledsoe will be a star..!

u know they have already beaten every1 in there district besides loretto already this summer. only team to come close to beatin em is wayne and they lost by 6

you do know, people in 1a schools are probably concentrating on other things, like say football, since most of the top dogs in your district are more football schools than basketball. and football is sooner in the year than basketball. with the exception of summertown. people go on vacations, in summer leagues, very rarely do you have a normal roster. and 1 player can deff be the difference.

G.C..I thought you were picking Lake Co to come in 3rd in the district..Surprised by you saying Lake Co..Did you go to any of the games in Martin G.C.?Have you seen Lake Co in any camps so far..I read what PC Viking said..I can't comment on Lake Co yet because I haven't seen them..Don't know who Whitby will be starting yet..I would think Caleb Bledsoe,Patrick Robertson,Leron Garret,Rafeal Tyler,and maybe Calius Hockett will be the starters..But Falcon Fan has said something about a Swift kid..Didn't think Hockett was there..Ricky Boyd also could be in the mix..Really just have to wait and see..You know as well as anyone that Coach Whitby is notorious for putting in different lineups..Even during the regular season..he may have two starters on the bench and have a couple freshmen on the floor..Just getting out of the district is tough enough with Union City,Humboldt etc..Coach Whitby in recent years hasn't worried about the regular season so much and plays a lot of younger players and then toward the end of the season seems to play what he thinks is the best players..So I'm pretty sure he is playing everyone in the camps..Lake Co should be in the mix hopefully..Sounds like PC is going to be loaded as well.. I actually think once Bledsoe plays more during the season..Lake Co will be pretty good..Coach Whitby has told me the past two seasons that Bledsoe will be a star..!

I changed my mind after I saw what they had returning. I did say that they'd be 3rd and now I'm saying they'll contend for #1 in 14A. I thought Robertson was a Senior last year. I didn't realize the talent they had returning. Russell Avery will be a big loss, but Robertson can definately fill his spot on the floor. Rafeal Tyler is extremely good as well as Leron Garret being a very solid player. I'm not sure if Lake Co. will win state or not, but I think them and Humboldt will be the best from the West next year unless Middleton comes up with something down there.

As for Perry Co., I saw them last year. If I remember correctly they return mostly everyone from last years team. I saw them play in the Martin tournament over the Christmas break against a decent Middleton team and lose by nearly 50 points. I do know they had a kid that could shoot the lights out on that team, but I'm not so sure they can be a state champion caliber team unless they have gotten 10 times better from last year. I highly doubt you beat Westview without Westview missing someone.

I didn't go to Martin for the team camp. I watched most of the girls team camp that Gibson Co. was hosting.