Latest Bolus rankings

Indian

ptguard, that sounds about like Coach McMillan. He knows the tricks inside and out, lol.

Speaking of Coach McMillan and UTM, I was told that Heather Griffin (C/Senior) from GC has committed to play for him which is great for her as well as Coach McMillan. Congratulations to both of them!

I think Butler is definately a legit top 5 PG in the state, if not top 3. Heather has very few flaws in her game. She plays great defense, athletic, always hustles, team player, great ball handler, great shooter and makes VERY FEW mistakes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ptguard, no offense but that was rude and uncalled for. You can make your point and comparisons without saying a high school player who is trying to work on their game is no good. Several of the girls were dumped this year by one of the local "Big Time" programs and left with nowhere to play. They have worked hard, been very dedicated, and have improved as a team and individually. Most of the girls will be contributors and role players for some very good local teams.

I apologize coach, let me rephrase, "Dye was obviously the most talented person on that team."

Two that I missed on the list, that should be on it IMO

Stephanie Myers the 6'4 MTSU commit from Lavergne HS

Marie Carpenter the shooting guard at Ensworth.

I agree. Myers is a good get for MTSU right from their own backyard. She has a tremendous upside considering she is still a little raw on the offensive end. When Rick gets her to commit to playing each and every trip on both ends of the floor, she will be very dominant.

Carpenter is as athletic of a wing as you will find. She is a very streaky shooter, but when that seems to let her down, she is very capable of putting the ball on the floor and taking it to the basket. A very good all-around player.

I could be wrong, but the Bolus ratings are based a lot on a camp that he has. If these young ladies attend his camp they will have a great chance of being ranked. Like I said I might be wrong, but I was told the best way to get ranked is by attending his camp. I also don't think it matters what year you attend his camp as long as you attend it you get on his radar and get ranked. These rankings are just what they are it is one mans opinion. Just like the TSWA all state is all based on opinions. I would put more stock into what college coaches thought. I know of a couple of girls that have D1 scholarship offers on the table that are not on that list, so his rankings are not the end all do all. Some girls seem to get a lot more exposure than others, and it has been my experience that the exposure is more important than ability for these type of ratings.

How could so much talent be overlooked? Seniors hoping to play in the Sun Belt or Ohio Valley conference are ranked, but sophomores and Juniors with SEC and ACC offers don't rank at all. Not enough AAA players at all. Jasmine Robinson from Overton doesn't rank? Pleeaaze! This "bogus" ranking just highlights the importance of players getting out in front of coaches during this July evaluation period and not relying on local press and pundits to determine which players are deserving of attention.

Two that I missed on the list, that should be on it IMO

Stephanie Myers the 6'4 MTSU commit from Lavergne HS

Marie Carpenter the shooting guard at Ensworth.

marie is a great lady, and can go anywhere,how come he is not on the top one-hundred list. also Jasmine Dale.

marie is a great lady, and can go anywhere,how come SHE is not on the top one-hundred list. also Jasmine Dale.

Just curious, will her team be playing any in July around the State? Would like to see Dye play--have heard alot of good things about her...don't think I've ever heard of the Panthers team before??? Are they out of Greeneville or something? Just wondering.... good luck to her this season!

The Panthers are out of Knoxville and they are playing in the Run for the Roses and then in the Battle of the Boro. Rechelle plays on the 16u team.

I could be wrong, but the Bolus ratings are based a lot on a camp that he has. If these young ladies attend his camp they will have a great chance of being ranked. Like I said I might be wrong, but I was told the best way to get ranked is by attending his camp. I also don't think it matters what year you attend his camp as long as you attend it you get on his radar and get ranked. These rankings are just what they are it is one mans opinion. Just like the TSWA all state is all based on opinions. I would put more stock into what college coaches thought. I know of a couple of girls that have D1 scholarship offers on the table that are not on that list, so his rankings are not the end all do all. Some girls seem to get a lot more exposure than others, and it has been my experience that the exposure is more important than ability for these type of ratings.

I'm pretty sure T.T. Flowers didn't attend his camp or ever has..Being from a rural county and in a corner of the state that really is away from most big towns..May have seen her on her AAU team that recently won the AAU state for her age groups or maybe in the State tournament..!You're right about exposure..Some girls get more exposure and aren't as good as some that don't..The Sports writers all state team you are talking about ..I would bet 90 percent of them never saw T.T. Flowers play..probably never saw Molly Walsmith from Bradford either..I know there wasn't 3 players on a 4th place that should have made that all state team over either of these players,although Molly did make that team..If 3 players were good enough to make all state,they should have finished better than 4th in their own district..!

I'm pretty sure T.T. Flowers didn't attend his camp or ever has..Being from a rural county and in a corner of the state that really is away from most big towns..May have seen her on her AAU team that recently won the AAU state for her age groups or maybe in the State tournament..!You're right about exposure..Some girls get more exposure and aren't as good as some that don't..The Sports writers all state team you are talking about ..I would bet 90 percent of them never saw T.T. Flowers play..probably never saw Molly Walsmith from Bradford either..I know there wasn't 3 players on a 4th place that should have made that all state team over either of these players,although Molly did make that team..If 3 players were good enough to make all state,they should have finished better than 4th in their own district..!

This all-state team was based on just play from the state tournament, so it is not uncommon for multiple players to make the team, especially if some teams only have one good player that carries them. I am not saying this about any team that was playing the state, just the regular season or who is the better all around player does not come into play on the all-state tournament team. You can average 3 points per game during the regular season and average 25 during the tournament and be the MVP, so the team members are skewed to that affect.

As far as this rankings of top players, take it with a grain of salt. It reminds me of the BCS in college football?