Knox West 09

Rebelfan06

I personally think they're gonna do pretty good, they're returning 17 starters from last year, there whole offensiv line is returning, they have several division 1 prospects, they are loaded with speed and experience, have 3 solid running back and a seasoned quarter back don't be surprized if west makes a few upsets this season

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Rebels will be good this year but won't make the playoffs. The Z Plan has sealed their fate. Loses to Maryville, Farragut, Bearden and Catholic are just too much to overcome for a playoff spot. The Wm Blount and Sullivan South games might be a split at best. So, a good team but no post season.

West Rebels will be good this year but won't make the playoffs. The Z Plan has sealed their fate. Loses to Maryville, Farragut, Bearden and Catholic are just too much to overcome for a playoff spot. The Wm Blount and Sullivan South games might be a split at best. So, a good team but no post season.

I have to agree with you 3. Before i even read your post i looked at West's schedule and i said that they would lose to Maryville, Farragut, and Catholic. At least 3 losses if not 4 or 5. Im not trying to be disrespectfull, I would love for West to prove me wrong!

but how can every one be so sure about loses to beardon and cathlic west has maintained being competitive with maryville in recent years and i dont think that beardons gonna be that good this year, yea they have a very speedy runnin back in devrin but will they be able to do it with jus him, what if he gets hurt? As far as cathlic goes that will be a good game decided by less than 10 points ither way i look for west to be a wild card this year for a playoff spot

but how can every one be so sure about loses to beardon and cathlic west has maintained being competitive with maryville in recent years and i dont think that beardons gonna be that good this year, yea they have a very speedy runnin back in devrin but will they be able to do it with jus him, what if he gets hurt? As far as cathlic goes that will be a good game decided by less than 10 points ither way i look for west to be a wild card this year for a playoff spot

Take a taste of your own food!

Take a taste of your own food!

i admire you in some ways speak your mind and straight to the point even though like many people(...myself included) let emotions get in the way of the facts, the facts are that west is returning nearly all starters, they have 3 great running backs, a leader at Quarter back, A rock solid Defense, Several D-1 recruits and a well informed coaching staff. On the down side of all this West also isnt dissapline many of there players tend to be fragile and have a slow start, there more of a late third and forth quarter team.

Clinton also (according to you) are returing many starters, have a good Quarter back, a good 5 yard and a cloud of dust running back, quick receivers, a agressive defense, and a few D-1 recruits. The down sides to Clinton is they have a weak O-line, Receivers have a problem holding on to the ball, some players are fragile, have a small problem with penalties and don't have much depth so there performance is lacking late in the game.

Im sure many people will agree with this including your self these are some facts about the two teams and i expect both to do fairly decent this year, both (if they perform to there abilities) can be playoff contending teams I plan to follow both of these team

How did West do during Spring Scrimmages? At this point it might be the best indicator of what to expect.

They did quite well considering they had many starters missing due to injuries track and other sports

i say they will go 8-2..losing to farrugut and maryville..upsetting catholic

My words exactly

I've just heard from a reliable source that west has a player who squats over 600 pounds with ease, my buddy told me the coaches had to stop him because the weight was bending the bar, but he got 610 fairly easily. And they also have 15+ players power cleaning over 220 thats good for any team i dont care who you are. It looks to me like there getting alot stronger combine that with there speed they could be a division 5A juggernaut!!!!

I'm excited for the season...

I've just heard from a reliable source that west has a player who squats over 600 pounds with ease, my buddy told me the coaches had to stop him because the weight was bending the bar, but he got 610 fairly easily. And they also have 15+ players power cleaning over 220 thats good for any team i dont care who you are. It looks to me like there getting alot stronger combine that with there speed they could be a division 5A juggernaut!!!!

I'm excited for the season...

Sullivan South will be a good test for West right out of the shoot. I hope West proves me wrong and does beat Farragut and Catholic! I would love to see West have a great season and make a deep playoff run!