Knox West 09

Rebelfan06

Ruse ... do these kids have a choice in going to Fulton or West ??? What did ya mean by that ???? Why would a kid opt away from a power like Fulton to go to West ???? If you bring up Wagner and Carlos Campbell then those kids wore the welcome out at Fulton and couldnt go back there ....

Hey Tadvols.

Long time. IMO, there are a number of kids in the Mechanicsville area that have gone to Bearden Middle, and that were zoned West, that wound up at Fulton. Fulton seems to have lost a little ground in the feeder programs to the Bearden, AE, and more recently (3-5 yrs.) West. Just my perception, but going back kids like Antonio Hamilton (Bearden Middle) played Baby Falcons, and went on up. The same just does not seem to be true today. Wagner was a bad example, and he certainly did wear out his welcome. Can't believe Coatney let back after he pulled that stunt right before the Alcoa game when they had Warren, Sykes, Sommer, Lanxter, White, Fiegler...and I don't think Cobb could get on the field. Had to toss Jock Stinson out there as a Frosh. Be good. Tell Road2Three, 4MySister, etc., hello.

ruse?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just heard from a reliable source that west has a player who squats over 600 pounds with ease, my buddy told me the coaches had to stop him because the weight was bending the bar, but he got 610 fairly easily. And they also have 15+ players power cleaning over 220 thats good for any team i dont care who you are. It looks to me like there getting alot stronger combine that with there speed they could be a division 5A juggernaut!!!!

I'm excited for the season...

Actually the kid squatted 640lbs......and their 2 starting running back are 2 of the 15 that are power cleaning over 220.....i see this team being good but with a strong schedule it could be tough......with their running backs williams and simmons pounding the ball they wont need to use the passing game as much and will take the pressure off francis. I also agree that thompson could easily be a D1 prospect as a kicker but he doesnt practice kicking much due to trying to use him on offense and deffense as well as being a returner on special teams.

Upset City

Go Rebels.....this is the year we beat maryvile!!!!! i'll save stars n bars a drink after the west win