Pirates scrimmages

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Sequatchie is just real young? And SP didn't play two of their starting line, one of them being the Wordlaw kid. So even if against Sequatchie... SP still executed well. Congrats.
I thought SP played extremely well. Sequatchie didn't they did settle down and move the ball well after the half and I think the defense played well after that as well. The Indians appeared to be without a couple of starting lineman including the starting center and also appears to be still looking to settle on a QB.

Good luck on the season Sequatchie
Thanks, I still think the Indians will have a very good year and they won't face another team with the speed and athleticism of the Pirates. One more quarter scrimmage against Pirates next Friday night in Coalmont.

no offense, but it wouldn't suprise me if we only see SP's starters for only 1 series in the entire Jamboree.

Heard from a local media member that SP had scored 7 or 8 times before SC even got a first down.Is this true? This D is going to be something to watch.

That's not true. South Pittsburg scored three times in four possessions, before Sequatchie got a first down on their fourth with a scramble by the qb on third and long. That's still too far into it and a good indication of South Pittsburg's defense but nowhere near "7 or 8 times before a first." SP scored on 5 of 8 possessions against Sequatchie's defensive starters (again too many but not what was implied), the other three or four scores defensive backups/JV players were in and usually in that case younger guys aren't skilled enough yet to adapt to the speed even if it's against other backups. Sequatchie's players did better on offense and defense (starters vs starters) over the scrimmage even with it being a 33-0 blowout (starters). There may have been some main reserves in for SP during some of the varsity scores but the starting QB was still in so I'd consider that the starting offense. The last two varsity possessions, SP each time gained a quick first down then had to punt after 3 more downs and Sequatchie moved from their 35 to the SP 16, and from the SC 30 to the SP 35 (still couldn't score). Those aren't excuses of any sort, it was still a beating but it explains the scores a little better. The game was close to a real type situation with live punts and first downs, just no kickoffs.

Thanks, I still think the Indians will have a very good year and they won't face another team with the speed and athleticism of the Pirates. One more quarter scrimmage against Pirates next Friday night in Coalmont.

Sequatchie will not face another team like South Pittsburg until the playoffs.

Maybe Sequatchie is just real young? And SP didn't play two of their starting line, one of them being the Wordlaw kid. So even if against Sequatchie... SP still executed well. Congrats.

Hey PiRaTe._MiKe,

Hope the season holds nothing but the best for the Pirates. Our first scrimmage was against a traditionally strong AAA team in Crockett Co. and they beat us BUT our second scrimmage was against an also traditionally strong AAA team in Lexington and we took them to the woodshed by the tune of 11 scores to 2 (and their two scores were on our second team.) We will scrimmage yet another AAA area powerhouse in McNairy Central Tuesday and see how it goes.

We've got kids stepping up right and left to answer the bell the last two seasons since we met ya'll and things are looking good. Hope we play the game after ya'll in Cookville in November. I'll get there early to watch ya'lls game!!!

You keep Thinking that if you want :o People will start Laughing at you :o:)

You keep Thinking that if you want :o People will start Laughing at you :o:)

Don't think many will laugh at that statement, except delusional fans such as yourself. That is a fact that Dunlap wont face a team that oozes athleticism like the pirates. No team will have the speed that they posess either I think it is safe to say.

possum, Old Pirate says the Pirates have a wee-ak defensive team with NO offensive line according to some folks. The RBs are young, slow and will git killed because of the boys in the pitts, not to mention coach Vic can't coach and the Pirates are under achievers. What are the poor uneducated folks from SP goin to do? "All" of this is............. The Truth according to some folkes. :o