HERITAGE FOOTBALL 09

Oh greatsmart one...just a note for those that may not know it all. Two of the Quartebacks to which you refer to in the county as being better used to play on the same team. Mr. Robbinette does have a great mind as well as a good arm (remeber his parents choose to hold him out a year so he could get bigger and stronger). Mr Tallent at Alcoa has good ability as well...he also went to HMS. All serving the purpose of playing the position where they best fit with the other personnel while at HMS. Your most talented guy is not always at tailback or QB...look at Tn it would be easy to say their best player is a DB (Eric Berry) I guess they are also stupid???? I think not. I also believe if he stays healthy Mr. Cermak will lead the county not only in tackles but also tackles for a loss. Oh, also at Alcoa they will have a starting defensive end that played for HMS. Based on the past it is easy to understand why parents and kids choose to look other directions. We now (HHS) as with Tn have a renewed spirt which has started with the coaching staff. This staff has more energy than any in the county. Coach Quareles is a class act and has built a tremendous program....one that all schools in Tennessee are chasing. All this is in the past, HHS may not win a state championship this year of next but you first have to be competitive...I believe they will be up to the task. The fact that players have left HHS is nothing new Tyler Maples also played for HMS as well as countless others. HHS does have other players which have skills...the current rising juniors took it to Maryville as 8th graders and Freshmen. So much of the tallent still remains...hopefully with renewed heart they will rise to the challenge. Later....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain to me where I said the best player on the team should play quarterback, now I did say Cermack should get 30 carries a game and maybe you interpreted that to mean I think heritage should run a single wing where Cermack takes a snap and goes off tackle a la Johnny Majors. This would be a fallacious assumption I do in fact think Hartley is the best quarterback heritage has and he should start. What I have stated is that he is at best the 7th best QB in the county so I’ll run down this one more time.

Ryan Stout Alcoa- Proved he was better head to head

Austin Talant Alcoa- Proved he was better head to head

Hogan Goodson Alcoa- Proved he was better head to head

Philip Juhlin Maryville- Started for Maryville last year

Paton Robinette Maryville- Proved he was better head to head

Zack Witt william blount- Much better athlete better passer

Those are six players at the Quarterback position who are unquestionably better, then you have two more that one could argue are better: Landon Turbyfill at Alcoa who would likely have passed Hartley on the depth chart and Zac Owens at william blount who is a better passer and started some games for w.b. last year but is not as good of an athlete. Then of course there is whoever GQ has as his #3 that player could very well be better than Owens.

As for the other skill position players heritage has, can someone name me one player whose surname is not Cermack that will play for heritage this year and could have started for Maryville or Alcoa last year.

Oh and Greek letters Darrel Waren and Tyler Robinson will start at the defensive ends for Alcoa with the third being Jonovan Henry none of who went to hMS now I believe Tyler Mcglothlin (I think that is his name) is a physical specimen and could see time DE and that may be who you are inaccurately referencing I believe he is a former mustang.

I don't recall saying that Hartly would be the savior of Heritage football either. I just stated that he is a good athlete and will help the program. I really don't care where he falls in the line of QB's in the county, I am only concerned about what he brings to the Heritage team. Cermak will be on defense and will do an outstanding job as usual. He will probably get state recongnition for his play at linebacker. HHS has several skill people on offense that are young tallent and are in the mix of things. Jordan Carroll is a big back with good speed and hands. Upcoming sophmore Chase Cline will see ample amount of carries. Sophmores Justin Newman & Chase Everett have made strides at wideout. Then you have Clayton Shell(Two year all Count and District) and Chris Ropp that can make plays at anytime. On the defensive side of the ball Cody England, Evan Crockett, Andy Eldridge, & Mihn Tran could play or start for any school in the county, I have no doubts about that.

As for the other skill position players heritage has, can someone name me one player whose surname is not Cermack that will play for heritage this year and could have started for Maryville or Alcoa last year.

Clayton Shell would start for any team in the area.

I don't recall saying that Hartly would be the savior of Heritage football either. I just stated that he is a good athlete and will help the program. I really don't care where he falls in the line of QB's in the county, I am only concerned about what he brings to the Heritage team. Cermak will be on defense and will do an outstanding job as usual. He will probably get state recongnition for his play at linebacker. HHS has several skill people on offense that are young tallent and are in the mix of things. Jordan Carroll is a big back with good speed and hands. Upcoming sophmore Chase Cline will see ample amount of carries. Sophmores Justin Newman & Chase Everett have made strides at wideout. Then you have Clayton Shell(Two year all Count and District) and Chris Ropp that can make plays at anytime. On the defensive side of the ball Cody England, Evan Crockett, Andy Eldridge, & Mihn Tran could play or start for any school in the county, I have no doubts about that.

I am not familiar with all the players you mentioned but I am with a few, Chase Cline is good kid but would only add depth in the secondary at Alcoa or Maryville. And wow Chris Ropp “can make plays at any time”, he’s nice to be around and a funny guy but if he has to make plays for the mountaineers I cannot foresee many plays being made. Clayton shell, if memory serves me correct, was he not the undersized back that took most of the carries for heritage last year if he is who I am thinking of he could never start for either of the good teams in the county. I am sure the players at heritage will try hard but they simply do not have enough talent to be even mediocre, the outlook for heritage is the same as it has been the past several years, dismal. Looking at the schedule they should beat Lenoir City and they may be able to play with Karns and South Doyle but after Sep. 11 they have no chance of winning.

I predict 1-9 for the pusillanimous perpetual losers.

I am not familiar with all the players you mentioned but I am with a few, Chase Cline is good kid but would only add depth in the secondary at Alcoa or Maryville. And wow Chris Ropp “can make plays at any time”, he’s nice to be around and a funny guy but if he has to make plays for the mountaineers I cannot foresee many plays being made. Clayton shell, if memory serves me correct, was he not the undersized back that took most of the carries for heritage last year if he is who I am thinking of he could never start for either of the good teams in the county. I am sure the players at heritage will try hard but they simply do not have enough talent to be even mediocre, the outlook for heritage is the same as it has been the past several years, dismal. Looking at the schedule they should beat Lenoir City and they may be able to play with Karns and South Doyle but after Sep. 11 they have no chance of winning.

Clayton Shell never carried the ball for Heritage. He has played free safety and wideout. He could start at any of the schools. I have watched Ropp make some nice catches in the 7 on 7 games and has become a pretty good receiver. I think Chase Cline could play at either school also. He has good speed and can play on both sides of the ball.

I hope they prove you wrong and win several game this year. :roflol:

I'm not real sure what your problem with Heritage is but the negitive comments you have and spew needs to be taken elsewhere. If I was guessing as to who you may be, I would say that you were a (coach or player) at one time and got your feelings hurt in some form or fashion. So if you don't mind, we would like to have positve talk and good information on this thread. Thank you.

Clayton Shell never carried the ball for Heritage. He has played free safety and wideout. He could start at any of the schools. I have watched Ropp make some nice catches in the 7 on 7 games and has become a pretty good receiver. I think Chase Cline could play at either school also. He has good speed and can play on both sides of the ball.

I hope they prove you wrong and win several game this year. :roflol:

I'm not real sure what your problem with Heritage is but the negitive comments you have and spew needs to be taken elsewhere. If I was guessing as to who you may be, I would say that you were a (coach or player) at one time and got your feelings hurt in some form or fashion. So if you don't mind, we would like to have positve talk and good information on this thread. Thank you.

Scoot, I don't believe the self-proclaimed "smartestpersonalive" is a coach. His total misjudgement of talent when it comes to evaluating a kid like Clayton indicates that. And I share your sentiments on staying positive ... "if you can't say something good, you don't have to say anything at all."

Thanks Govman. :roflol:

You probably right, he's not a coach but he obviously has a chip on his shoulder about HHS for some reason?

Scoot....thank you for identifying the Heritage kids that we need to recruit. Stars will be on this soon with the free garbage services and lunch with Ms Stars. We already know about Clayton since he came through the Maryville system. Great kid and family.

Good luck to Heritage this year. I think they put a whipping on their cross town rivals this year.

STARS, Im thankin' that that Smartfeller is callin the Mountane Ears skeered............that ain't write.......I bet he weares hornedrim glasses and a bow tye! :roflolk: