O.S. 2009 A different additude!

Regardless of the outcome of next Thursdays scrimmage, Both of these teams should represent Roane County well in football this year. Hopefully both will have the needed success to meet each other in the play-offs.

Speaking of playoffs.......has anyone seen a bracket for how the teams will be matched up or is TSSAA just gonna wing it when the time comes??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a big OS Im just a fan of my little cousin on the team... but I went to the Game last night and i took this away from it...... WOW.... I love the way bracket (or however you spell it) has got away from the old school OS way of doing things... Hes learned with the talent he has.. that he cant run it up the middle everytime... and completely changed the offense. Those boys moved the ball very well ...and their defense was pretty good too... They have a swag about them.. they want to win.. and they think they can.. more power to them.. Good luck bobcats

If youre taking a shot at Coach Johnson, get a clue.... it worked. By the way he didnt run up the middle all the time he ran the sweep a lot. Coach Brackett is doing a great job. Get behind him and the team.

Regardless of the outcome of next Thursdays scrimmage, Both of these teams should represent Roane County well in football this year. Hopefully both will have the needed success to meet each other in the play-offs.

I agree 100% both teams did look good last night and SOR looked good as well. I heard Harriman did not play some starters I hope thats the case they were not crisp at all.

I agree 100% both teams did look good last night and SOR looked good as well. I heard Harriman did not play some starters I hope thats the case they were not crisp at all.

I was told by a good source that Harriman did not play all of their starters last night, with that said, I thought that Sunbright played well given the fact they dress out about 18 kids, they have some talent on the team , I don't know why they can't get more kids out for football. Maybe if the basketball coach and the rest of the schools staff would realize that football can generate alot of the funds for the whole athletic department, they would help recruit some of the kids walking the halls at Sunbright to play football.

I was told by a good source that Harriman did not play all of their starters last night, with that said, I thought that Sunbright played well given the fact they dress out about 18 kids, they have some talent on the team , I don't know why they can't get more kids out for football. Maybe if the basketball coach and the rest of the schools staff would realize that football can generate alot of the funds for the whole athletic department, they would help recruit some of the kids walking the halls at Sunbright to play football.

I would have liked to have seen Suunbrights qb in the punt pass and kick. I think that kid could start for alot of teams.

Compared to other scrimmages.......i thought Rockwood looked a bit sloppy......but that shows we do have room for improvement..........Harriman will be much better than what we saw........Love and Williams didn't even dress out and Inman only played on D

Thoughts on the Jamboree:

--Sunbright--

very surprising on Off.....moved the ball well, like the way they spread it out. Good ATH at QB

Defense is still suspect, obviously depth and the toll of playing 4 qtrs with somebody will show down the stretch

--Harriman--Did not look crisp at all.....looked very inexperienced in some key spots....but with what was said in an earlier post.....things will probably get better with the starters that were missing......Anyone know why those few players did not dress???

--Stone--

Looked unorganized on OFF, and have some weak spots up the middle on DEF.....Don't get to see them play that much, but looks like they have a lot of work to do to compete in their district

--Rockwood--

Ran the ball very well, had some hiccups with the 2 fumbles....Not something you want to see out of an experienced runner from last year. Defense played ok, but hard to make a solid judgment with the way that Stone played. Should find out a lot on Thurs. when OS comes to town

--Oliver Springs--I was very impressed with their energy and execution on OFF.......They are pretty big up front, have the capabilities of taking over a game. DEF has some work to do, as everybody else's does. Great GL stand at the end to keep the Zero on the board. They will give Rockwood all they want on Thurs.

--Coalfield--

Lost a lot of talent last year.......looks like they have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball

--Midway--I think was better than expected.....Also lost a lot of talent last year.....think they will surprise some people this year........Could be a trap game for a lot of teams this year.

Hope you enjoy!! Even the Hater can show some love!!

I totally agree about Sunbright's QB-that kid has tons of potential! I noticed he wears #8-same as Jonathan Crompton; well he's about as big as Crompton too! If this kid works hard on his mechanics and arm strength, recruiters are bound to come calling in a few years!

Im not a big OS Im just a fan of my little cousin on the team... but I went to the Game last night and i took this away from it...... WOW.... I love the way bracket (or however you spell it) has got away from the old school OS way of doing things... Hes learned with the talent he has.. that he cant run it up the middle everytime... and completely changed the offense. Those boys moved the ball very well ...and their defense was pretty good too... They have a swag about them.. they want to win.. and they think they can.. more power to them.. Good luck bobcats

If youre taking a shot at Coach Johnson, get a clue.... it worked. By the way he didnt run up the middle all the time he ran the sweep a lot. Coach Brackett is doing a great job. Get behind him and the team.

I was not taking a shot at Coach Johnson in my last post..I was taking a shot at bracketts last two years.. He couldnt run outside if his life depended on it... but heres the deal... Johnson had a good team every few years... For some odd reason some people in OS look at him like a god or something.. The dude didnt even have a overall winning record in his career.. obviously his offense didnt work.. I like bracketts attitude.. he doesnt make excuses and his kids are really backing him up and playing off his confidence.... I like OS this year.. they are going to the play offs.. no doubt in my mind