Gallatin vs Blackman scrimmage

GWAVE1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Blackman look like in this young 09 season?

Gallatin looked pretty strong against Smyrna in their scrimmage last Friday. Aside from two early false starts, the offense looked pretty good. The defense was great having two forced fumbles inside the 5, recovering both, and enriquez perry picked off a pass in full stride from Smyrna's first team offense.

Blackman is beating Gallatin like a bad habit right now 28-7. I think the tide in Rutherford County may turn quickly. The Blaze have speed, depth, and a versatile mix of spread, spread option, and the I. Going to be a hard team to prepare for.

WOW!!!!! Pretty strong. I saw them the other day beat on BGA. Just Remember it's very early and these are scrimmages. It's good to be excited but hold up claiming them Rutherford county Kings just yet. There a few good teams here and it’s going to be tough for anyone to declare themselves a powerhouse. Smyrna beat a pretty strong MBA team today, fairly soundly. It was 21-10 when the 1’s were done and Smyrna moved the ball at will on them.

You won’t hear me talking, yet. It’s too early. Boy, Week 3 will be a battle hu? Or should Smyrna not even show up because the Blaze will be to strong and blow them off the field?

I think they’ll be there and waiting for Coach Shad and his squad.

Good luck Blaze, hope all goes well the rest of the pre-season and hope ya’ll stay injury free.

The final score was 28-26 Blackman. Gallatin missed 2 extra point attempts but that wasn't the story of the scrimmage. 1st teams was 21-0 Blackman. They did whatever they wanted to on Offense. The Gallatin D that held Smyrna in check last week just didn't show up this week. That or Blackman came to win a scrimmage. Probably a little of both. That is not a knock against Blackman they really looked good. Gallatin just didn't seem to have any continuity from either side of the ball must have been a bad week at practice. I can make excuses for them all day but they just didn't get it done. the good news for Gallatin is they have some stuff on film that they can learn from. Blackman recovered a Gallatin fumble at Gallatin's 25 and a couple of plays later it was 21-0. Then Gallatin next attempt is picked off in the corner of the endzone. 2 turnovers 14 point swing. Both teams have some positives and negatives to work on.