Best player in region 1 all classes!!!

bulldog787

In response to who is going to win the Three Rivers Conference--

Unicoi County. If for no other reason than for over 4 years now, no one has given them a chance to repeat their success from the previous season. I've heard "well now that ________ is gone, they'll be lucky to finish in the top half of the conference" so many times it's laughable. And until someone steps up and takes it from them, I won't waste my time believing otherwise.

East is dangerous. North is young but talented. Etown has the athletes. Johnson County is gritty and well-coached. Valley is BaylessBall-- never counted out.

This should shape up to an exciting year, top to bottom. Go Blue!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My honest opinion........I have watched all of these play on several occasions. This would be my top 12.........

1)Logan Lyle(Unicoi)

2)Dylan Ward(Hampton)

3a)Nathanael Hughes(Hampton)

3b)Jordan Cross(east)

5)Taylor Harmon(T. High)

6a)Logan Morgan(Cloudland)

6b)Ryan Thomas(Eliz)

8)Nathan Vannoy(Central)

9)Zack Garland(D. Crockett)

10)Shannon Hale(S.Hill)

11)Jason Steele(Johnson Co.)

12)Jaylen Allen(S.Hill)

Honorable Mention.....Logan Blair(south), Matthew Potter(Cloudland),Tyler Turner(Unicoi), Jonathan Evans(University High), Hunter Loveau(S.Hill), Cameron Trent(Volunteer).

My honest opinion........I have watched all of these play on several occasions. This would be my top 12.........

1)Logan Lyle(Unicoi)

2)Dylan Ward(Hampton)

3a)Nathanael Hughes(Hampton)

3b)Jordan Cross(east)

5)Taylor Harmon(T. High)

6a)Logan Morgan(Cloudland)

6b)Ryan Thomas(Eliz)

8)Nathan Vannoy(Central)

9)Zack Garland(D. Crockett)

10)Shannon Hale(S.Hill)

11)Jason Steele(Johnson Co.)

12)Jaylen Allen(S.Hill)

Honorable Mention.....Logan Blair(south), Matthew Potter(Cloudland),Tyler Turner(Unicoi), Jonathan Evans(University High), Hunter Loveau(S.Hill), Cameron Trent(Volunteer).

i will agree with most of your names but not your order. cross, morgan and vannoy are ahead of hughes,ward,harmon and thomas. keep an eye on the box scores for these kids and compare later.

i will agree with most of your names but not your order. cross, morgan and vannoy are ahead of hughes,ward,harmon and thomas. keep an eye on the box scores for these kids and compare later.

I believe Cross is ranked about right but could actually move him down on some days. He shoots pretty good and has a nice pullup but does not do some of the other things really well that the others do. I could move Vannoy up a few spots on some days also. Morgan is really good but would not move in front of any of the guys you mentioned. I have him and Thomas ranked the same. Morgan is more solid but Thomas has a little more upside. I believe Thomas will have a really good year. All that being said, I would take any of these on my team any time!

I think Lyle will be fine, but if he can't handle the pressure, Unicoi is in trouble. Boone did look good with only having one practice before playing for most of the players. Jordan Gray has to shoot more. Boone will play physical, especially for a while because they are coming out of football. It may bite them if they get officials who call it real close.

Potential wise I believe if he keeps playing like he is 6'11 and becomes more physical in the paint then my pick has to be Zach Garland from Crockett. He is a very good shot blocker,Shoots the ball well from the free throw line to be his size and he dont force alot of shots when he gets the ball in the paint.

Although he is still a little raw he has the potential once he develops how to be physical in the paint to be a very high D1 recruit if not take over any game he chooses. But that comes with maturity. He is still 16 years old if I am not mistaken and still has alot of time to develope his skills but that will come in time.

But like I said once he starts developing a physical type of game on offense and understanding how to score facing up to the basket he will be one tough player to handle for opposing teams. Dont get me wrong Cross from East is a player along with Lyle and Hughes but from a college prospective he has the tools to be special if he keeps developing his game.

Coach RC