players to watch in mid state area

thunderstik

Hunter Brothers is not a great pitcher. He throws hard but has trouble throwing strikes. Orphanos can pitch but unless he made a big leap this summer, he doesn't throw 88.

Hunter can throw hard and with a little work he will go a long ways. I guess they just gave him that MVP.

As for Chris, I saw him pitch in Ft. Meyers and i guess those 10 or 12 radar guns that said 88 were all broke?

As for you, I guess you could go 4 for 4 on both on them?

Funny how your first post about Orphanos said 88 was a guess. Now you say you seen it on radar. I agree with Columbia guy. I have seen him pitch and I doubt he is near 88. :roflol::roflol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogonedog Chris did throw 88 in Ft. Meyers. Did I mean every pitch? NO, But he did touch 88 from time to time. That was in JULY. This topic is PLAYERS TO WATCH. I would assume that would be in the spring of high school ball. Some 8 months later thats why it would be a guess on his speed. My point was at 75 or 95 he is a player to watch. Hope this helps to get my point across. :hungry:

Dogonedog Chris did throw 88 in Ft. Meyers. Did I mean every pitch? NO, But he did touch 88 from time to time. That was in JULY. This topic is PLAYERS TO WATCH. I would assume that would be in the spring of high school ball. Some 8 months later thats why it would be a guess on his speed. My point was at 75 or 95 he is a player to watch. Hope this helps to get my point across. :bored:

Columbiaguy & dogonedog - if you go to Perfectgame and check under the 17U BCS you can get a daily report of all the games played in Ft. Myers that week. Orphanos pitched his last game 7/18/09 against the Orlando Scorpions and the Franklin Outlaws won 9-1. Here is the report for that game........

Chris Orphanos (2010 Riverdale HS, TN) pitched a complete game as the Franklin Outlaws defeated the Orlando Scropions by a score of 9-1 to advance to tomorrows semifinals. Orphanos went all 5 innings allowed 3 hits and 1 run while striking out 5 and walking 1. He pitched in the high 80's and topped out at 88mph. He's got also got a good curve ball and a deceptive arm angle to go along with solid compact mechanics.

So Columbiaguy & dogonedog so I guess you both need to recalibrate your radar eye...........

My radar eye is just fine. I did not see that game. When I saw him, he was 82-83. Please read all of my posts before thinking you know more than I do.

First of all I do know more than you and I did read all your posts...... how do you know he was throwing 82-83 in the spring, did you gun him.... no you did not, you guessed (by that radar eye you have I guess) that he was throwing 82-83 and you were wrong then just as you are now........ it's funny how people get on here and comment with off the cuff comments about kids and when you call them on what they say they can't prove what they say........ do some research first and then comment with facts about these kids..........

My radar eye is just fine. I did not see that game. When I saw him, he was 82-83. Please read all of my posts before thinking you know more than I do.

I did read all your posts......how do you know he was throwing 82-82 in the spring, did you gun him....no you did not, you guessed he was throwing 82-83 and you were wrong then just as you are now..........

Hey guys it's not even October. Lighten up! Time will tell. Also, don't assume Columbiaguy has anything to do with Columbia Baseball. He might just be stirring the pot. :popcorneater:

Powerpitcher, I saw, on a gun, and heard from several reliable sources, that he was 82-83. I will leave it at that. What is getting lost is that I said the guy can pitch either way. I have also cenceded that he must have made a leap, as many people do the summer before their Senior years. I don't understand why I am being made out to be the bad guy. I will see him in the Spring and go from there.

Powerpitcher, I saw, on a gun, and heard from several reliable sources, that he was 82-83. I will leave it at that. What is getting lost is that I said the guy can pitch either way. I have also cenceded that he must have made a leap, as many people do the summer before their Senior years. I don't understand why I am being made out to be the bad guy. I will see him in the Spring and go from their.

"What is getting lost is that I said the guy can pitch either way." ENOUGH SAID. Not a "Bad Guy" in my book Columbiaguy. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...