District 8AA (Smith,DeKalb,York,Upperman,LA,Cannon)

D1talent

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Cannon Co. victory over Smith Co. last night it sets up a 3 way tie for first in the district (Cannon, DeKalb, Smith). Assuming DeKalb takes care of business this Saturday night vs Upperman all three teams will enter their final district matchup with 1 loss.

You can easily assume Cannon gets the win over Upperman in the final week. Considering everything else this is what needs to happen for each to win district title out right.

Cannon Co.

Needs win vs Upperman, and a DeKalb loss to Livingston Academy.

(That would leave Cannon & Smith with 1 loss, Cannon won head to head matchup)

DeKalb Co.

Needs win vs Livingston Academy, and a Smith Co. loss to York

(That would leave DeKalb & Cannon with 1 loss, DeKalb won head to head matchup)

Smith Co.

Needs win vs York, and a DeKalb win vs Livingston Academy.

(That would set up 3 way tie)

If all three teams win I am not sure how the tie breaker is setup for this district. Maybe someone can help with some info on that.

Also DeKalb can clinch 4A automatic playoff birth with a Livingston loss to York tonight, and a win over Upperman tomorrow.

With the Cannon Co. victory over Smith Co. last night it sets up a 3 way tie for first in the district (Cannon, DeKalb, Smith). Assuming DeKalb takes care of business this Saturday night vs Upperman all three teams will enter their final district matchup with 1 loss.

You can easily assume Cannon gets the win over Upperman in the final week. Considering everything else this is what needs to happen for each to win district title out right.

Cannon Co.

DeKalb Co.

Smith Co.

If all three teams win I am not sure how the tie breaker is setup for this district. Maybe someone can help with some info on that.

Also DeKalb can clinch 4A automatic playoff birth with a Livingston loss to York tonight, and a win over Upperman tomorrow.

Someone mentioned the tie breaker would be amount of points scored. If this is true I am guessing DeKalb should tack on a few extra (or alot extra) tomorrow night for good measure, and I am sure Cannon will do the same next week vs Upperman. :rolleyes:

Can anyone say if this is true or not.

Cannon Co.

DeKalb Co.

Smith Co.

Someone mentioned the tie breaker would be amount of points scored. If this is true I am guessing DeKalb should tack on a few extra (or alot extra) tomorrow night for good measure, and I am sure Cannon will do the same next week vs Upperman. :thumb:

Can anyone say if this is true or not.

Not true

What is the tie breaker

Head to head...then number of games won.

In the event that there is a tie in district standings, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all

regular season games, both district and non-district, shall count. If at any point when the following tie-breaking

procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team

shall be rated above the others. After any position in the district standings has been determined, the tie-breaker

procedure shall begin all over again to determine the next position. This procedure shall be repeated to

determine all places in the district.

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Well I would like to commend the tigers on a nice 5-3 start. Coach Trapp is an offensive guru, but who is this defensive coordinator i have been hearing so much about lately, he sure did a great job at the first of the year....Are there other coaches on staff that help? Also, AP(after poteete) will be a lot of fun for coach trapp and gang. 5-3 that against a weak schedule including losses to hixon, smith, warren who turned out to be a big dud. are really solid losses....not. Easily could have been losses to a surprising cannon team, and against york, that could have this tiger team at a nice 3-5 record probably not making the playoffs. But that is ok 20 points to macon co. isnt too bad. :roflol: Coach Trapp put up a lot of points on york and smith right 39 combined great job offensive genius. I love the adjustments yall make at half-time..wait i have never seen one at a game i have been too. Rumors are some discipline issues on the team, a couple starters miss practice, and still get to start way to set a good example for the freshman.What happened to this is the year we run deep. the tiger team of last year would have ran the table on a weak schedule like this. Trapp misses the boys of last year much more than he thought. First round play off loss this year? In all seriousness congrats to poteete and edwards and being fine players. I hear alot of this stuff i had a son play for smith co i the past and i know what good coaching is all about and have a lot of friends in alexandria in smithville that tell me all about this. great in the paper that all the tigers worry about is total yards and points after a win against an 0-7 team. my grandmother could put up that much. and i always thought d1 talent thought was trapp, but after seeing the posting of stats and articles from wjle, i believe it is john pryor voice of the tigers..