Trigg Co. @ Union City: Week 0

BigSwo

ok people its GAMEDAY!!!! :evil:

everything from here on out counts..

no more scrimmages, no more off season..

its the in-season now baby!

lets go Tornados!!!!

make us proud..

prove that west TN football can be the most competitive in the state..

7:30 couldnt get here any faster :angry:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City 45

Trigg Co. 6

Decent first half but Union City put the brakes on in the thrid quarter....Mercy Rule most of 2nd half

Our kicker.....another story and more to follow

All point afters good and a 41 yarder to boot with plenty of yards behind More coming soon

Trigg Co. was kinda big, but really just didn't have the skills behind players.

They have a junior Q B that is #12 will be really good by seasons end and we will see him again next year.

This team was young . To much Union City

Bowling made adjustments at half and made all the fferents in defense.

Lots of work still to be done to match Huntingdon from what we hear.

Somewhat surprised at the margin of victory......

Impressed with the kicker.....As good a performance from a high school kicker as I have seen....Kid never played football from what I hear.....At this level this sort of weapon is HUGE !!....

Tough running from a number of backs....

When the coaching staff let the pass rush loose it was all she wrote.....Trigg hurt UC with some passes until the UC D started coming from all angles....

Impressed with the freshman Hyde...This kid is put together....

Rance Barnes had the hit of the night....

Solid opener for Union City. They may very well be the best team Trigg County plays all year.

Union City controlled the line of scrimmage and it helped them average over six yards a carry. They mixed up their runs well and Trigg didnt have an answer.

Trigg hurt them with their passing game, which would have been more had their receivers caught the football. Trigg quit throwing downfield in the second half and ran the football more with little success. I think Nicks would be more effective at LB or DE opposite Caveness. Kicker had a great game for UC.

Solid opener for UC heading into the off week.

Trigg having a down year and it showed tonight.

Good luck to the Tornadoes the rest of the season.

Trigg County had some bigger players on the sideline. A couple of the Trigg fans said they weren't seniors so they don't get the playing time. Don't know how true that was. Triggs QB is pretty good. He and the Barnes kid went head to head. He popped up and ran to get the next play. I saw Barnes go to the sidelines and pull his helmet after the play. Big time collision. The shotgun snap for Trigg was a detriment. The snap was at the QB's feet most every time. Their O-line was lacking. If they are as young as has been stated, they will be pretty good the next couple of years. They have some good looking talent. The middle of the D-line got beat most of the night. Nicks ran the ball well. I think UC showed they are still susceptible to the pass. The Trigg receivers dropped too many passes that were not forced. If the QB had better blocking, he is capable of picking defenses apart.

Chase ran the offense well last night. I thought he made good reads on the move. I think Worley is underutilized in the Veer set. Hard to watch Jacob's talent sitting idle, but last night the middle was open too much not to run there. I didn't think Trigg's lineman were that big, but they fought all night. I hope for a good season for them. I think Huntingdon will give UC all they want. Having watched them against Westview Thursday night, they have more grit than I expected of them. That was most likely the game of the week. Good luck to UC until they head to Troy.

Stats per The Jackson Sun....

First Downs....Trigg County 10...Union City 24

Rush Yards....Trigg County 21-(-18)...Union City 49-301

Pass Yards....Trigg County 9-23-1 145 yards....Union City 3-4-0 29 yards

Fumbles........Trigg County 2-0...Union City 2-1

Penalties.......Trigg County 2-15...Union City 9-75

Josh Nicks rushed 22 times for 148 yards...Kendrick Price rushed 7 times for 68 yards....

Jorge Guerri was 6 for 6 on his PAT's and kicked a 41 yard FG at the end of the first half.....He also kicked into the end zone or near it on all but a couple of squib kicks on his KO's...

Zach Caveness returned an interception 29 yards for a TD.....

Good game for Union City....I'm with JustaOCfan, I wish Worley would have got a few more touches. We saw what he could do with what he got.....Union City showed a couple weaknesses in the passing game, but they never came out of man.....

Union City's offense was near unstoppable.....Chase made some really decisions out there.....Alot of that had to do with the play of Josh Nicks though....Kid's a beast.....Offense plays like that all season, I don't see them losing a game.....

Trenton should be a tougher opponent for UC, but I see them winning that game in two weeks.....Good way to start the season, and looking forward to watchin the rest of the year and seeing what this team has in them......