CPA at Fort Campbell

The Scribe

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what Fort Campbell has coming back after winning the last two AA state championships in Kentucky... but they defeated Newport Central Catholic both times to do it... Watching both games, CPA reminds me of that team... both offensive scheme and athletes. CPA will definitely see a level of team speed from Fort Campbell that they may not be used to.

With that being said, CPA is a tough matchup for anybody because of their athletes, discipline, and schemes that they use. I would think this would be a toss up... but without the Mason kid from last year, I believe Fort Campbell will match up well. Besides Oakland and Ensworth, this may be the best game in Week 0 to watch.

Wishing safe travel for CPA and good luck to both teams.

7:30 If you are going they said you need to allow an extra 30 minutes to get through the security gate at the base.

CPA's website says the game starts at 7:00.

I would never want to question your infinite knowledge, but CPA and Fort Campbell websites both show game time to be 7:30. Maybe you are just trying to get the CPA fans to be on time?

Don't know anything about FC, but CPA will, as usual, be well coached with a lot of offensive and defensive schemes. They have some really good skill players - Roman (QB), Genovese (QB/RB), Trapnell (WR), Woodall (TE), and some really good defensive backs - Fisher (S), Nichols (CB), Lakoff (DB). The problem is that most of their talent and experience is smaller skill players and backs.

They appear to be very inexperienced and short on numbers in the line. A strong running team will give them fits, I'm afraid.

Of course, a team that can't defend the pass will have trouble stopping CPA. I see some high scoring games for CPA this year. They will have to outscore folks.