Bridges classic

trojanarmy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three things that are hard to beat that MUS has is (1) recruiting; its hard to beat a team that recruits players. It is a distinct advantage even if they play in their own league, they still count as wins and losses in their ranking. (2) Coaching; they have a large experienced coaching staff.........(3)They are playing at home...(how did that happen? Is there not somewhere else that could have been a nuetral site?)

Millington has how many starters coming back 12-14? I have said it before and I will say it again...Millington has the talent on this team to beat them if they have been properly prepared......

Three things that are hard to beat that MUS has is (1) recruiting; its hard to beat a team that recruits players. It is a distinct advantage even if they play in their own league, they still count as wins and losses in their ranking. (2) Coaching; they have a large experienced coaching staff.........(3)They are playing at home...(how did that happen? Is there not somewhere else that could have been a nuetral site?)

This was held at the Liberty Bowl the last few years, but I read in the CA recently they charged the Bridges Classic $30K for rent. MUS stepped up and offered to host the event so the charity would actual make a buck.

Here's the link

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... t-for-mus/

MUS beats Millington. It is hard for most publics to beat schools like MUS early in the year. Besides, MUS has a lot of experience and talent on offense, and Millington's offense will not be ready (too early and defenses are typically ahead of offenses early in the year) to take advantage of MUS's well-coached but not-so-talented and less than physically imposing defense.

CBHS beats Melrose. Same as above. Also, with the exception of having a good running back in Watson, Melrose appears to have nothing this year; limited talent, no kicking game, no quarterback, average at best defense (which is atypical of Melrose), and poor coaching. Watson will have to carry that team and I do not see him being able to do so week in and out against good teams. I see Melrose making too many mistakes and being too disadvantaged in their kicking game. Though I will be rooting for Melrose, I predict a decisive victory for CBHS.

I see it like Greg Roberts would say, Millington fans have the wrong team favored............running clock for most of the second half. MUS too disciplined and too much talent on the offensive side of the ball. The Owls in a runaway.

Sounds like the comments of former player, I am glad to finally see an MUS fan speak on behalf of his team. I will definitely give you the talent at QB, probably the best in the state, i am sure you have a good line also. Dude, running clock, you really think millington has fallen that far from their last two years. That is a pretty harsh statement, It may be early in the year and you may be better prepared but you are still going to facing a big, fast, and talented football team. Dude "A running clock" i will definitely be back after the game if it happens to give you credit for that call. Good Luck to all the teams in the bridges.

MUS beats Millington. It is hard for most publics to beat schools like MUS early in the year. Besides, MUS has a lot of experience and talent on offense, and Millington's offense will not be ready (too early and defenses are typically ahead of offenses early in the year) to take advantage of MUS's well-coached but not-so-talented and less than physically imposing defense.

MUS lost 10 guys on defense. Millington's 'O' is well stocked and ready. I disagree with you on that point.

CBHS beats Melrose. Same as above. Also, with the exception of having a good running back in Watson, Melrose appears to have nothing this year; limited talent, no kicking game, no quarterback, average at best defense (which is atypical of Melrose), and poor coaching. Watson will have to carry that team and I do not see him being able to do so week in and out against good teams. I see Melrose making too many mistakes and being too disadvantaged in their kicking game. Though I will be rooting for Melrose, I predict a decisive victory for CBHS.

I don't know who wins this one because I don't know about Melrose's talent level. I know even less about CBHS's except for their big recruit at LB. Other then that ... who knows. I'll say this ... I don't agree with the decisive victory theory. I may be wrong.

I see it like Greg Roberts would say, Millington fans have the wrong team favored............running clock for most of the second half. MUS too disciplined and too much talent on the offensive side of the ball. The Owls in a runaway.

"Running clock???"

That sounds like something an over-exuberant Henry County fan would say!! :roflol:

------------------------------

1) MUS will win but there will NOT be a running clock!

2) Even if MUS is destroying Millington, MUS' coach has too much class and integrity to ever run-up the score on anybody! He would put in the scrubs, instead.

3) As kwc stated, MUS lost a whole bunch of guys on the defensive side of the ball! Therefore, it seems reasonable to think that Millington's offense should be able to put up enough points of its own, to avoid getting "clocked!"

kwc-

I did not plan on attending either of these games, but now may do so to be better informed to revisit this after the games are played. I stand by both predictions. I may be wrong; but, that is how I see it. In the past Melrose, seemed to have enough talent, overall athleticism, quality skill players, and defensive prowess to overcome deficiencies in both their kicking game and coaching to beat and/or compete with the likes of CBHS or even better teams- but not this year. This has more to do with the decline that I believe Melrose is in; less CBHS, though CBHS is looking a little better than last year.

As for the Millington/MUS game, MUS will load the box and put Millington in long yardage situations. Though Millington may get a couple of long runs that may result in some points, they will either make a few more mistakes as a result of long yard situations or just have to put that MUS O back on the field.

kwc-

I did not plan on attending either of these games, but now may do so to be better informed to revisit this after the games are played. I stand by both predictions. I may be wrong; but, that is how I see it.

Please do and give us a report because I think you give your honest unbiased opinion when you do make a comment. I would love to get your take on things. I've heard some folks say that Melrose is in decline talent-wise. Then I talk to others and the say that the Golden Wildcats are strong in talent. I'm not on the inside so I don't know. The people I hear say things like this are, for the most part, closer to the program than I am. I just try to see for myself and then make an evaluation. It's been my experience that it is never as horrific as the 'gloom and doom' folks say and it is never as spectacular as the 'over zealous' try to make out either. It's usually somewhere in between. When it comes to Melrose, I have one source that I get information from to which I give much creedance. He is a Melrose alumn who doesn't fit into either of the previously mentioned categories. I have yet to hear from him however ... so I really don't have a clue. I'm basing my thoughts and ideas on teams in recent history.

As for the Millington/MUS game, MUS will load the box and put Millington in long yardage situations. Though Millington may get a couple of long runs that may result in some points, they will either make a few more mistakes as a result of long yard situations or just have to put that MUS O back on the field.

I agree with the statement that MUS loads the box. Then again ... everyone that play Millington loads the box. Will Millington be able to sustain drives and keep the MUS 'O' off the field and score points? That's the million dollar question.