Obion Co. Rebels

treefitty74

Congrats to the Rebels....

Finally!! Did they rip the goal post from the field or what.

From what I understand before the game even started, this team was going to be like playing a middle school team. Apparently it was. Great job Rebels. Now you have to keep it going.

A win is a win and after waiting through 2 coaches and 2 1/2 years, your day has finally come.

Good luck in the rest of the season......

Question...When Was The Last Time The Rebels Scored This Many Points In A Game Win or Loose?

I do know the last two wins came in 2006 against Dyer County and Ripley...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final score of GC/OC in 2006 was 48-47, GC came out on top. That was an amazing game.

Fulton Co. was the worst team I've ever seen in my life with that many athletes. All of their skilled players looked like studs. However, they look to be VERY poorly coached, lol.

Just a brief comment on how things went for Fulton Co. last night....

Fulton Co. got the ball on kickoff return and the runner was tackled. Three of the linemen took off running out onto the field and all 3 tripped over each other and 2 of them fell, lol. (this was on the first series of the game)

Fulton Co.'s punter is back to punt the ball, he punts it and it goes 2 yards.

The last three wins prior to last night was in 2006....They won at Ripley 15-13 (On the night St. Louis beat Detroit for the World Championship & my son's last ever football game)....Chester County 48-0 and at Union City 46-7...They were 6-4 that year...

They put up 63 on Dyer County in Bowling's first year in 2003 and 50 against Dyer County in 2002 (Chris Hill's last season)....

Fulton County wasn't any good and Byhalia, Mississippi won't be all that much better next week....Playing out-of-state teams on the road is tricky most of the time so you never know how that will turn out....

Although fighting shows a lack of poise and discipline, on some level you have to kind of smile knowing that these kids are passionate about playing football again....I see a 4-6 record, possibly 5-5 from this bunch...After 20 straight losses, that would be a huge turnaround....

GC...You and treefitty74 behave yourselves over in Alcoa next Friday...You need to head up to Mayfield and watch Trousdale-Mayfield Saturday night....Should be a barnburner...

I may come up there on Saturday. If I remember right it's at Graves Co. HS and there will be two games that day, right?

I'm already ready to leave out for Alcoa. It's going to be great and fun to watch for sure.

Yeah... Trousdale County vs Mayfield @ 6 PM

Trigg County vs Graves County @ 8:15 PM

Both games at Graves County HS

Congrats to the Rebels for getting that win..... B) .....I knew it was bad for Fulton Co. when on the very first play they throw an interception and OC's first play a touchdown pass to Mason McGrew......(Saw him with ice on his shoulder after halftime and info on him).......OC is gonna have to learn to hit someone on a kickoff or they will have problems with that all season.....It was good to see OC have fight in them...It's something we haven't seen in a couple years.....Next week they will be without Ethan Davis, but I think they will be okay for this game......Patrick Haskins is just fast.....He just straight up left the FC defenders on the 2nd td......He'll be fun to watch this year.....It was good to see the young receivers go out and make some plays (Patton, McGrew, Cary, and Ward)....Brandon Armour and Lucas Fulbright ran the ball well tonight....Did both go over 100 yds?.....Good luck to the Rebels next week as they travel down to Byhalia....I wish I could go, but I'll be making my way over to Blount Co. to watch Alcoa/Maryville :thumb: ........Now, lets go for 2....

GO REBELS

The ONLY thing I have found on the Byhalia Indians Football team is that they lost 27 - 18 this past FRiday to Washington. The school has around 540 students and is also a Mississippi 4 A ( AAAA ) school.

It is also NOT a short drive down there either. Looks to be about 45 minutes Southeast of Memphis.

Couldn't find anything out so the Rebels must be geeting paid Pretty good to go down there for a "W".

Lets hope so. Keep the bus locked as well.....

Byhalia is a team that got their high school back when Memphis started growing into Marshall Co. MS. Byhalia was terrible for several years, but I believe they were improving before I left MS. I have lived back in TN for over 3 years now...so, I've lost touch with MS football somewhat. But, the Rebels just beat Byhalia.

Booker T is coming off a 2-9 year in 2008 and they scheduled Byhalia for an opener..That should tell you something and OC had a 20-game losing streak and schedules them too....You can't overlook anyone for sure especially when you cross state lines but if OC can handle prosperity (winning) they should come back home 2-0...

I remembered that Byhalia had played a couple other Tennessee teams....Took a minute to remember one of the teams but I do know they played a home and home with Lake County....In 2005 in Tiptonville, the Falcons won 41-6..The following year in Mississippi, the Falcons won 42-16......The other team was Bolivar...In 2007 in Mississippi, Bolivar won 61-24..The following year in Bolivar, the Tigers won 30-8...In 2005 Byhalia also lost to Chester County 41-6....

This is Byhalia's win-loss for the last 4 seasons + 1 game this season....

05-06....0-10

06-07....2-8

07-08....8-4

08-09....0-10

09-10....0-1

Total....10-33