District 4a This Year

Just thought I would give a big congratulations to the Sunbright Lady Tigers for their huge win last night over Oliver Springs 43-38. They outplayed the Lady Bobcats from the tip in every aspect of the game inside and out. It was nice to see the Lady Tigers finally hold on to a lead, especially after letting games against Coalfield and Oakdale at home slip away in the second half.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I am going out on a limb here and saying that Oneida runs the table and is your second place team this year. I really don't see wartburg lucking out tonight like they did at wartburg. Our team is much better at home and I will be shocked if the morgan county teams stay at the top of this district. Oneida and O.S. have feasted on morgan county for a long time now.

District finish will be

Coalfield - too much talent for anyone to handle

Oneida - I honestly believe they are a better team than wartburg or oakdale

Oakdale - is playing better after getting embarrased at wartburg

Wartburg - have won some games by luck that is about to run out

OS....sorry but your out, I have been shocked by their lack of coaching this season, I didn't realize how poor they are at making in game adjustments.

Sunbright - Got better but not fast enough

Jellico - they are just bad

Ok, going in to the season I would have told you a Wartburg / OS final was out of the question. Now, it is here.

Some thoughts

Coalfield did what Hines teams tend to do this time of year EMPLODE! As I've said tourney time exposes coaches for what they are and from what I saw Friday night the two best ones are in the Finals. I'm sorry Oakdale but you can't blow a 14 point lead in a game like that. Coach of the Year in the Dist. Christopher / Davis (Give it to both of them)

Next, as a coalfiled fan and alum we should evaluate what we have got out of our "best team ever"

16-7 This year 0 Championship Opportunities

18-7 Last year 0 Championship Opportunities

18-11 the year before that

9-19 in this groups freshmen year

thats 61 and 44 with the talent our kids have that is not a record that is acceptable.

During that same time period in morgan county

Wartburg 73-45 with much tournament success (2 20 win seasons)

Oakdale 75-44 (2 20 win seasons)

Sunbright not very good

I just cant believe that our team is the third best in morgan county over the last 4 years. Too much talent for that to happen. Our program needs to pick it up and finish stronger than years past on monday and in the region.

GO LADY BOBCATS: PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT WATCHED YOU ALL YEAR NOW KNOW YOUR ARE BETTER THAN MOST THOUGHT. ITS HARD TO BELEAVE THAT NOT ONE PERSON ON THIS TEAM WAS PICKED ALL DISTRICT FIRST TEAM: ALSO I WANT TO SAY GOOD LUCK TO COALFIELD, THERE ARE GOOD BALL PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM AND THEY MAY STILL HAVE A GREAT YEAR>

I'm sure no one is curious as to where I have run off to, but I just thought I would chime in! All of my thoughts are not to be taken too seriously.....I've heard I've offended people in the past, when that was NOT my intention. Anyways, my two cents.....

OS has a fine coach and the general public that think otherwise are full of baloney. Her personnel this year would win more if the did a better job of following the instructions. Christopher's Teams are hard to beat because they can be multi-dimensional. This season she has actually had to earn her pay check, because her players have limits to their ability. When K.C. was on the court, this wasn't a problem. Congrats on making the championship game......again!

I think the girls on Coalfield's Bball Team are their own worst enemy. Come on people....you think the coach teaches them to LOSE! That, IMO, is a joke. Look at my past comments about KC and AJ and you are discovering the hugest difference in the two. One was the quintessial team player and one plays primarily for her self. I not judging what type of person AJ is, I'm just indicating how it looks from this fan, on the court. I'm sure she is a great kid, when everyone around her plays at a high level it should be because used her abilities torwards that goal.

Oneida has to rediscover their mojo. You can't make a player be a leader, that kid has to desire to be that way. They were a solid team for most of the year, but they really need someone to "grab the reins" on the team. With all of them back.....they will still require that to happen before next season. The coaching staff did a fine job.....they were faced with a difficult at best.

Fred Snow should have been Coach of the Year.....and here is why: 1) Average team that competed every night. 2) Only one consistent 3 point shooter 3) No stars? 4) Still playing

Kaz :flower:

By the way, before anyone decides I have it out for the young lady from Coalfield.....I should also say this:

She has exceptional basketball skills. There is not question she possesses the most ability over any other player in 2-A. Her ball skills are sick :flower: (that means crazy good!). One on one she can score when she wants to, IMO. The girl has been blessed with talent and it is evident whenever she is on the court. There is no shortages of praise i can think of regarding her talent! I wish her and her teammates the best of luck the rest of their season. (their coach too!)

I'm sure no one is curious as to where I have run off to, but I just thought I would chime in! All of my thoughts are not to be taken too seriously.....I've heard I've offended people in the past, when that was NOT my intention. Anyways, my two cents.....

OS has a fine coach and the general public that think otherwise are full of baloney. Her personnel this year would win more if the did a better job of following the instructions. Christopher's Teams are hard to beat because they can be multi-dimensional. This season she has actually had to earn her pay check, because her players have limits to their ability. When K.C. was on the court, this wasn't a problem. Congrats on making the championship game......again!

I think the girls on Coalfield's Bball Team are their own worst enemy. Come on people....you think the coach teaches them to LOSE! That, IMO, is a joke. Look at my past comments about KC and AJ and you are discovering the hugest difference in the two. One was the quintessial team player and one plays primarily for her self. I not judging what type of person AJ is, I'm just indicating how it looks from this fan, on the court. I'm sure she is a great kid, when everyone around her plays at a high level it should be because used her abilities torwards that goal.

Oneida has to rediscover their mojo. You can't make a player be a leader, that kid has to desire to be that way. They were a solid team for most of the year, but they really need someone to "grab the reins" on the team. With all of them back.....they will still require that to happen before next season. The coaching staff did a fine job.....they were faced with a difficult at best.

Fred Snow should have been Coach of the Year.....and here is why: 1) Average team that competed every night. 2) Only one consistent 3 point shooter 3) No stars? 4) Still playing

Kaz :hungry:

That's an ignorant statement about AJ. I think she averages about 3 or 4 assists a game. And unlike when KC played, every play does not revolve around her. Half of the time she isn't running the point so she doesn't even have the ball in her hands as much as the other did. P.S. who cares? why are you comparing the two still? KC is not playing high school ball. She is an amazing athlete, but not relevant here anymore. AJ is a kid, she has her own issues to deal with, with out an adult accusing her of being a ball hog. Obviously, you haven't seen her play very often. As a leading scorer, she has to take several shots a game, but she still looks for her teammates.

Coalfield needs to keep playing as a team like they did against Oakdale and not worry what everyone else thinks. They know if they all play their best and as a team, no one in this district or the other can touch them.

Congrats to the Lady Cats. They played hard in the tourney and surprised a lot of people

Kaz :hungry:

That's an ignorant statement about AJ. I think she averages about 3 or 4 assists a game. And unlike when KC played, every play does not revolve around her. Half of the time she isn't running the point so she doesn't even have the ball in her hands as much as the other did. P.S. who cares? why are you comparing the two still? KC is not playing high school ball. She is an amazing athlete, but not relevant here anymore. AJ is a kid, she has her own issues to deal with, with out an adult accusing her of being a ball hog. Obviously, you haven't seen her play very often. As a leading scorer, she has to take several shots a game, but she still looks for her teammates.

Coalfield needs to keep playing as a team like they did against Oakdale and not worry what everyone else thinks. They know if they all play their best and as a team, no one in this district or the other can touch them.

Congrats to the Lady Cats. They played hard in the tourney and surprised a lot of people