District 4a This Year

Because Dallas made those girls that should have beaten Jackson County who won state. Those girls were not bad players until the coaching change and then became all stars. haha and unlike you I dont have a bias opinion when it comes to Wartburg. I don't have any children that attend the school and I def. don't have any kids that play ball there. So before you crown your coach the Best in the County, you better win more games than Oakdale and Coalfield. And Don't call yourself Elite, you're not. You've been better than the other teams in the district only a lil over half the time the past three years. District 3 is horrible, that's why District 4 sends two teams to sub-state almost every year. And when they travel, they lose usually embarrassingly unless it's Oliver Springs. Yes you made it to sub state but you also got beaten very badly both time you lost. Just because you're one of sixteen teams left does not make you one of the best 16 teams. And Just because you make it to sub state three years doesn't make you a good coach when you come out of Region 2.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I'm still commenting on this but here goes.

If you are one of the 16 teams left that does mean you are one of the best 16 left. As far as your numbers on the records you are forgetting that Wartburg played most of the 08-09 season playing their J.V. while fountain, armes, freels, and bunch recovered from injuries the starters only played about 12 games together that season. Had they been there for the entire season that team would've won 20-25 games. Your comments are ignorant, basketball has been and will always be a tournament sport!

The Wartburg girls the same ones you said would have won state if Jason had never been around went 7-15 in district 4A in the two years before he came in there. and an overall record of 25-26 from 06-07.

Fact Wartburg has been one of the best teams around for the past 3 years. Not really concerned that you like or respect the coach but I bet there are some teams that would love to trade places with our girls.

I also checked up on the playing time issue you mentioned the player in question was in horrible foul trouble during sub-state and regional champ also! Not an excuse but you can't play them when they pick up their 5th, again speaking to your ignorance, know the facts before you speak and stop trying to tear down our girls and coach for a job well done! :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

She had two fouls at sub-state.... Ya get five. And your right a lot of coaches would love to have had those teams. Not the other way around. And the 08-09 girls would not have won 20 games. That's crazy. We will see this year how good JD is, now that all the girls that played under Dallas are gone. And Clarkrange beat Wartburg very handy this year, and they got beat in the district. So does that make Wartburg better? No. Therefore they're at least #17. Sweet sixteen doesn't mean you were one of the best sixteen, just means you are in the right place at the right time. They play an easy road to sub-state. And then get thumped there. And they have been a good team the past three years, but not the best. And def. not ELITE!!! Look at MC at Oz, there's a coach. She wins even when her team is down. Wartburg has not won a district championship since only lord knows when. Not since JD has been there. And two of the three years they were second best in region. That's not elite, especially when it's a weak region.

Pianomaster,

I think that 08-09 team would have won 20 also. They sent many 20 win teams home in the touraments including us once they had their starters back. I'm not real sure why Wartburg always bashes their coaches but it makes you people look retarded!

I am just glad that We don't have this kind of stuff on the net about our program, really the only two that are constantly on their coaches is Wartburg and Coalfield with a little O.S. sprinkled in there, but I just cant make the point any clearer you wartburg people sound stupid! From an outside point of view you cant handle losing and you cant handle winning!

She had two fouls at sub-state.... Ya get five. And your right a lot of coaches would love to have had those teams. Not the other way around. And the 08-09 girls would not have won 20 games. That's crazy. We will see this year how good JD is, now that all the girls that played under Dallas are gone. And Clarkrange beat Wartburg very handy this year, and they got beat in the district. So does that make Wartburg better? No. Therefore they're at least #17. Sweet sixteen doesn't mean you were one of the best sixteen, just means you are in the right place at the right time. They play an easy road to sub-state. And then get thumped there. And they have been a good team the past three years, but not the best. And def. not ELITE!!! Look at MC at Oz, there's a coach. She wins even when her team is down. Wartburg has not won a district championship since only lord knows when. Not since JD has been there. And two of the three years they were second best in region. That's not elite, especially when it's a weak region.

The Girls dallas had have been gone for 2 years 90% of this team has been coached by JD since they were in 6th grade. Second best in a region with Coalfield, Tellico, and O.S. where they were both at or near the top in terms of talent. Yep Jason hasn't won the district lets fire him now! Forget the fact that if you win the district and have 1.50 in your pocket it'll get you a cup of coffe at Hardees. It's about the region and what you do there! Wartburg has lost 2 regional champ games by a total of 5 points they could easily be 3 time region champs. I don't think a region is weak that has Tellico, Oliver Springs, Coalfield, and Wartburg in it. And I'm so glad you bring up preseason meaningless games to cite wartburg's lack of ability. From what I've seen playing Wartburg in November is a ton different than playing them in tournament time! According to your ways of thinking the winner of the final 4 is not the best team in the country they are just in the right place at the right time!

Quickly,

What is your obsession with the Wart program? Dallas was an ok coach but PLEASE enough he has been gone for 3 years and Jason has done a great job. You must be that girls boyfriend or something nobody argues over a role player that much.

Lets talk about more current things like who is going to coach our girls at oneida. Once that is settled nobody will care about wartburg anyway because we will be back on top!

Go Oneida Indians! Open up the coaching search!

• 2 weeks later...

If any of these teams, outside of OS, where in District 7-A they would be lucky to get out of the district tournament much less advance to a region title game.

As far as being one of the best 16 teams, just because a team is in the final 16 it doesn't mean they're one of the best 16 left. Heck ETSU made the NCAA Tournament, but nobody is crazy enough to say they're one of the 64 best teams in the NCAA. They just were the best in a bad conference. Kind of like making the substate out of Region 2-A. Two teams advance out of Region 2, but there's usually 3 or 4 teams that don't make it out of District 7-A that would beat the snot out of everyone in Region 2. Clarkrange this year was definitely better than anybody in Region 2, but they weren't in the substate.

I suppose your right, but I know there are at least 5 teams in region 2 that are better than RBS. Coalfield, O.S., Wartburg, Tellico, North Greene, and probably Hampton.

O.S. didnt make it to the substate this year because 2A is better than most think. Besides to compare the teams in 2A to those in 7A is not quite fair given the TSSAA doesn't allow recruiting in East Tn. Clarkrange and Jackson should be in D2 since they already have bigger recruiting budgets than Grace Christi :roflol: an!