Smith Co. visits Gordonsville

imallin

Croz, didn't you go watch the jamboree?? Fairview apparently wasn't "subpar." If they were, then Gville is in BIG TROUBLE. How long does it take to believe again after what happens the previous season?? 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 327 days??? I guess there can alwasy be hope??

Heard today about motivational stuff up on a board in Gtown. Last years score, last weeks score.... Save some room for this years score, its gonna take up some space. Someones birthday friday????

GO BIG OWLS

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well first all i ever here about is sc d line wat about there o line? dont really know none of them. and dont never here about them on the web sight. why dont someone fill me in. can the control g ville d line? cause wat i seen last week is that when cheatem had pressure on johnston which was several times but johnston is a quick guy who got away from the pressure. but can they handle g ville d line? also cheatem lost like eighteen seniors last year of course they not gonna be a contender this year and sc just picked there young seconday apart. every big play was due to blown coverage. luck? or talent? . . got my pick as g ville. TIGERS!!!!!!!

Ttp58.........who are the Tigers D-line? Who are the DBs? Can the DL get pressure on B.Johnston? And if he gets good protection, can G-ville's DBs cover all those recievers? :roflol:

Suprise me, chuckie?? I kind of doubt it. I will be kinda taken aback is its really competitive. I hope the kids from Gville can be more up to the task this year. Its a handful of grown-ups I enjoy watching shaking their heads after running their trap about "carthage" and what gonna happen "this year." If you held SC scoreless for 10 years, then the other 85 out of 93 years had to have been kinda dismal. LOL 41-7 and maybe the boo-birds will come calling.

Same song, different verse!! I know its kind of hard to accept.

GO BIG OWLS!!!!

Your so right there will be no surprises this year, the mighty owls will run roughshod over the tigers "and gloat", whoop up on cannon county " and brag ", shoot off some purty fireworks while tooting that horn (the one that marion county helped build ) :roflol: and then when the playoffs start and its time to back all that bragging up ............. :roflol: well...... at least the fireworks will be purty !!! :roflol:

Croz, didn't you go watch the jamboree?? Fairview apparently wasn't "subpar." If they were, then Gville is in BIG TROUBLE. How long does it take to believe again after what happens the previous season?? 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 327 days??? I guess there can alwasy be hope??

Heard today about motivational stuff up on a board in Gtown. Last years score, last weeks score.... Save some room for this years score, its gonna take up some space. Someones birthday friday????

GO BIG OWLS

Fairview wasn't subpar, but I've only seen SC once and I haven't seen them against a good team, so I couldn't compare the two.

Suprise me, chuckie?? I kind of doubt it. I will be kinda taken aback is its really competitive. I hope the kids from Gville can be more up to the task this year. Its a handful of grown-ups I enjoy watching shaking their heads after running their trap about "carthage" and what gonna happen "this year." If you held SC scoreless for 10 years, then the other 85 out of 93 years had to have been kinda dismal. LOL 41-7 and maybe the boo-birds will come calling.

GO BIG OWLS!!!!

Your so right there will be no surprises this year, the mighty owls will run roughshod over the tigers "and gloat", whoop up on cannon county " and brag ", shoot off some purty fireworks while tooting that horn (the one that marion county helped build ) :roflol: and then when the playoffs start and its time to back all that bragging up ............. :roflol: well...... at least the fireworks will be purty !!! :roflol:

Come on now, goodtimecharlie, no need to get ornary. You're simply suffering from an affliction that's fairly common around these parts. The technical term is "IWishIWasAnOwlItis". Symptoms include feeling green all of the time, phobias of fireworks and horns, and nightmares featuring night flying birds feasting on felines. (That last symptom tends to peak one week a year). Now don't panic, there is a cure. Simply put on some black and gold and find yourself a seat on the home side of the Hole on a Friday night. You'll feel better in no time. I should warn you though, sitting on the home side at your place this Friday night will only make it worse. Apparently the cause is repeated exposure to the L column at the hands of Smith County. That being the case, it's probably safe to forget everything I just said. In your case, it's probably already chronic. :roflol:

Seven....I'm going to try to make it. How are the lil sweatbees ? The lil owls have a few players with a lot of potential.

Same here. Last week was the first Jr. High game I'd been to in years. I was blown away by the size of some of the kids! I don't really know alot of them, but I think several skill positions are 7th graders. Obviously they made too many mistakes last week, but maybe you can chalk that up to first game gitters. I have no idea about how it will turn out, nothing would surprise me though. Maybe it will be a good test for both of us. :roflol:

This game is not even a rivalry anymore because we have dominated it the last ten years. The 4 have not even been that competitive. It was a good game back in the early 2000's, as the years kept moving the scores kept getting bigger. Oh well SC will dominate once again like we (I can still say we can't I) always do, and just add another one to W column of the series.

Yea, We'll let you say "we".......your still one of us, I think. Hey old7, I didn't see you around any this summer anywhere. Staying up in the hills more now?

Yea I am staying up here more, but I came in to town a few times. Just kinda get there and hide out at a couple places.

^^^^^ I just LOL'd!!!!

Charlie, any playoff time SC had was better than someone had last year. If someone was able to beat the Owls come playoff time, just imagine what they would do to Gville??? Don't fret, goodtime, The realignment was favorable for the little tiggers this year, though.

I don't think ole Charlie will have a good time Friday. :roflol: I have said...and I will say again...as long as Coach continues to coach...the Kitties will not beat SC. I see good teams coming down the road. Talent is abundant in the younger classes on down. We may see another 30 year streak. :roflol:

I don't think ole Charlie will have a good time Friday. :thumb: I have said...and I will say again...as long as Coach continues to coach...the Kitties will not beat SC. I see good teams coming down the road. Talent is abundant in the younger classes on down. We may see another 30 year streak. :thumb:

You must not have seen the talent Gordonsville had the past 2 years in Jr. High. The now freshman didnt lose a game in 2 years. Beating up on the Middle School to I believe. I know things change once you get to High School but I dont think the streak will last much longer IMO. SC may have a good group of kids coming up, I'm not saying they dont, but G-ville has a good group as well.

GO BIG OWLS!!!!

Your so right there will be no surprises this year, the mighty owls will run roughshod over the tigers "and gloat", whoop up on cannon county " and brag ", shoot off some purty fireworks while tooting that horn (the one that marion county helped build ) :thumb: and then when the playoffs start and its time to back all that bragging up ............. :thumb: well...... at least the fireworks will be purty !!! :lol:

Yelp...no suprises this year. Gloat?? Gloat about beating G-ville??? Why?? Fireworks..yelp, we got a bottle rocket or two. Yelp, we got a horn too, ya'll should know ya'll made an attempt to copy it the last few years (ask Tiff if he still has his truck horn). Nope, Marion didn't help build it...if they did it would have been a steam whistle like they have. Playoffs?? Did you come watch SC in the playoffs last year Chuckles since you didn't have anything else to do??? :lol:

King,

Stick to basketball which you claim to know something about. You can't come on these boards and be like I want Gville to do this and that and claim to be a SC Grad. Blah, Blah, Blah. You have chosen your allegiance. Their is no gray area. You wanted to be a tiger!!!!!!!! Sure blood is thicker than water. I am for you. It just puts you on the wrong side of the fence. Hope all is well. Remember down the road, that the Owl Faithful will know that you chose Blue.

The Junior High games are a small indication of what will happen on the next level. SC usually the county basketball tournament!!! See how much that has helped. Hope you understand!!!!!!!!!!

By the way. I enjoyed watching Patty play. Just wonder how good Z could have been playing on the other side of the stream???????????????????????????