Smith Co. visits Gordonsville

imallin

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...Z you are correct. I will pay at your leisure.

The Kitties played well. They did what they had to do to keep it close. SC made the plays in the 4th to win...and that is the bottom line. I will never be disappointed in a win. There were several big plays on both sides of the ball. The Kitties will win several games this year.

SC has a good win to build on.

What do you mean they did what they had to do to keep it close? The Owls didn't get a lead until less than 2 minutes left to play. It seems to me that the Owls had to do everything they could do to keep it close enough to be able to have a drive at the end to take the lead. Congrats to them for doing what they had to do but the best team on the field for the first 46 and a half minutes was wearing blue.

amen to that!

Yep...Z you are correct. I will pay at your leisure.

The Kitties played well. They did what they had to do to keep it close. SC made the plays in the 4th to win...and that is the bottom line. I will never be disappointed in a win. There were several big plays on both sides of the ball. The Kitties will win several games this year.

SC has a good win to build on.

What do you mean they did what they had to do to keep it close? The Owls didn't get a lead until less than 2 minutes left to play. It seems to me that the Owls had to do everything they could do to keep it close enough to be able to have a drive at the end to take the lead. Congrats to them for doing what they had to do but the best team on the field for the first 46 and a half minutes was wearing blue.

amen to that!

Well Cheesy......AMEN might imply you are a church going person. Tomorrow, read up on "bearing false witness". Too bad the game lasted another 1 1/2 minutes. Then the ones wearing blue could have LEFT the field as the BEST TEAM. :thumb:

Not at all impressed with the SC Owls. Struggled with a 1A winless team. Maybe next year

SC struggled with a WINLESS 1A team. Even though it was their 1st game DuD thinks they should have had 3-4 wins. DUD"s apparent great knowledge of football is impressive. So if he wasn't impressed with SC the Owls might as well pack it in. :thumb:

hey termite,

can you give a quick blow-by-blow of the action last night. personally thought this would be a wash. kinda surprised when i got on the T today, Yikes. :thumb:

To tell the truth snowball, I'm not good at the recaps. After haveing a little time to think about it though, I have MY on thoughts about the game. I'm sure many will disagree..but. SC came out either oveconfident OR tight. Something was amiss. Don't get me wrong, G-ville is a much,much improved team than the last few years and they came out fired up and wanting it more, which made matters worse for SC. I say tight because there are 9 Sr starters on offense and they didn't want to be the ones that lose to G-ville in 10 years. Sc had a game under their belt, which normally would be a good thing, but it also gave G-ville something to look at and another week to prepared. The coaches over there came in with an exellent game plan. Sc made good adjustments at the half and slowed them down running the ball. SC made the plays on both sides of the ball to win the 2nd half. It wasn't pretty, and sometimes that's the ones you have to win. Gordonsville gave SC their best shot on an off night for SC (IMO) and SC was able to do enough to win.

Jose attacks life just like he attacked last night...I just wish all kids had his determination and fire...he is one very large reason teachers continue to teach...he shows us hope that what we do...matters...I'm lucky to know Jose...and to know that he influences many kids...and that's a good thing.

Your right Queeny. He is the nicest, politest, and toughest kid I know. I know that the other kids on the team love him.

Jose will have some big games this year.

If some minor things are corrected in the line, he'll be a superstar.

He was being hit at or behind the line of scrimmage too much.

If their recievers catch more passes Johnston could be a superstar. I wonder how many drops they had?

Hey King. Haven't you seen BIG BEN in the NFL channel? Every little boy dreams of leading his team on a game winning drive in the last minute. Behind, in the jungle, less than 2 minutes to play. Last chance. Looking at the 1st loss in 10 years. Brandon may be superstar-ish to te Black and Gold. This wasn't THE Super Bowl....but it'll do. :evil:

Not at all impressed with the SC Owls. Struggled with a 1A winless team. Maybe next year

SC struggled with a WINLESS 1A team. Even though it was their 1st game DuD thinks they should have had 3-4 wins. DUD"s apparent great knowledge of football is impressive. So if he wasn't impressed with SC the Owls might as well pack it in. :roflolk:

To tell the truth snowball, I'm not good at the recaps. After haveing a little time to think about it though, I have MY on thoughts about the game. I'm sure many will disagree..but. SC came out either oveconfident OR tight. Something was amiss. Don't get me wrong, G-ville is a much,much improved team than the last few years and they came out fired up and wanting it more, which made matters worse for SC. I say tight because there are 9 Sr starters on offense and they didn't want to be the ones that lose to G-ville in 10 years. Sc had a game under their belt, which normally would be a good thing, but it also gave G-ville something to look at and another week to prepared. The coaches over there came in with an exellent game plan. Sc made good adjustments at the half and slowed them down running the ball. SC made the plays on both sides of the ball to win the 2nd half. It wasn't pretty, and sometimes that's the ones you have to win. Gordonsville gave SC their best shot on an off night for SC (IMO) and SC was able to do enough to win.

I was only able to see the 4th quarter and SC definitely didn't look off then. The rest of the game, I don't know. Except with the last drive before the half, they seemed on their game then, but I just heard bits and pieces of that drive on the radio.

Croz....there were too many catchable balls dropped. This guys usually catch everything. A few passes were a little off target. Johnston missed on 2-3 long balls where the DB was beat bad. The misses were just by a foot or less but Brandon normally makes those in his sleep. Of coarse G-ville missed 1 of those to Nike too. The TD G-ville got, Chaz was stopped dead at the line of scrimmage. SC gave up like they thought he was down. Chaz didn't. Too many missed tackles. They tackled better at the half. Just little stuff that adds up. Now, that being said..I'm sure G-ville's play had something to do with that. I still think, now this is just my opinion, had SC scored on the opening drive, it would have been a much different ballgame. They drove the ball deep down the field and couldn't finish the drive. I'm sure opinions vary......especilly if you were on the other side of the field. :roflolk:

Croz....there were too many catchable balls dropped. This guys usually catch everything. A few passes were a little off target. Johnston missed on 2-3 long balls where the DB was beat bad. The misses were just by a foot or less but Brandon normally makes those in his sleep. Of coarse G-ville missed 1 of those to Nike too. The TD G-ville got, Chaz was stopped dead at the line of scrimmage. SC gave up like they thought he was down. Chaz didn't. Too many missed tackles. They tackled better at the half. Just little stuff that adds up. Now, that being said..I'm sure G-ville's play had something to do with that. I still think, now this is just my opinion, had SC scored on the opening drive, it would have been a much different ballgame. They drove the ball deep down the field and couldn't finish the drive. I'm sure opinions vary......especilly if you were on the other side of the field. :roflolk:

In a game this close, a play here or there makes a huge difference.

A 4th down stop late or an interception that wasn't dropped, Gville could've won.

But, on the other side of the coin, like you said, some caught passes and Gville may not have had control like they did.

It doesn't do any good in a game like this to say if.........

Gville needs to keep their attitude and fire and move on the Friendship.

SC needs to work on their misgivings and move on to whoop up on Livingston.

Croz......while I got you. Does the money made from G-ville's concession stand go to the football program/sports programs??? And if it does..........why would the Big Blue supporters TAILGATE at a HOMEGAME???? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Croz......while I got you. Does the money made from G-ville's concession stand go to the football program/sports programs??? And if it does..........why would the Big Blue supporters TAILGATE at a HOMEGAME???? Doesn't make any sense to me.

To be honest with you I don't know for sure, but I believe the Booster Club runs it, so I'd think it goes straight to the sports team. I've never known them to tailgate at a home game before, maybe it was just a one time thing for atmosphere purposes. Our biggest home game for the rest of the year will be against Monterey. Nothing special there, so they may have done just for the atmosphere. I don't know you got me. :roflolk: