Clinton @ Dobyns Bennett

coonhunter292

For those that have missed scrimmages or the first game, you can go to allengreene.zenfolio.com. These are still pictures but if you look at the Halls scrimmage and the Farragut game, you can see the difference in the blocking. O-line, Hall scrimmage went mostly to right side and Farragut goes mostly to left. On D you can see the tackles and get a good glimps at who all was in on these and also who missed some. It don't cover play by play but its very helpful. These pictures really helped me confirm my thoughts. I went to both but this gives you a close up of some of the action.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my take on the farragut game and this week.We were down 9-0 at the half and had the ball at Farragut's ten yard line twice without scoring.This was a very big ,strong and fast team with three of the states best offensive players alone..Clinton has one of the very best teams in the state as well,with a few players that will be playing on saturdays.GC didn't go out and get peewee high for a reason.I said before that I hope we take these first two games and play every team as if it were like that.Sure,there is plenty to work on and we will get a real good look this week for that.

SOS, play calling, can't tackle, need to wrap up, can't score from the 10, too slow, need a strength coach (the program is called BFS), no experience, one running back...everything will be fine. We have Central (1-30) in 2 weeks and the win column will start filling up. The tribe will be 8-2 or 7-3. The number of wins and losses are not as important as who the losses will be to. The games and season are so predictable. This team is very similar to a few years ago, slow and not very strong. The defensive backs are either small w/speed or slow w/size. The line on both sides appears to be weak. The team has little experience and that falls at the feet of GC for never subbing until the last 2 minutes. They do have a kicker walking the halls as well as some other football players that could help the team. They just dont see eye to eye with the mentality of GC, football is not first and the only thing in their life. IMO dont worry about last week or the outcome of the Clinton game. Take the experience of playing 2 good teams of equal or better talent and use it in the 2 big games later in the season. As CS goes, so goes the game and the season.

SOS, play calling, can't tackle, need to wrap up, can't score from the 10, too slow, need a strength coach (the program is called BFS), no experience, one running back...everything will be fine. We have Central (1-30) in 2 weeks and the win column will start filling up. The tribe will be 8-2 or 7-3. The number of wins and losses are not as important as who the losses will be to. The games and season are so predictable. This team is very similar to a few years ago, slow and not very strong. The defensive backs are either small w/speed or slow w/size. The line on both sides appears to be weak. The team has little experience and that falls at the feet of GC for never subbing until the last 2 minutes. They do have a kicker walking the halls as well as some other football players that could help the team. They just dont see eye to eye with the mentality of GC, football is not first and the only thing in their life. IMO dont worry about last week or the outcome of the Clinton game. Take the experience of playing 2 good teams of equal or better talent and use it in the 2 big games later in the season. As CS goes, so goes the game and the season.
I heard DB had a lot of good football players,but coach Morgan the basketball coach doesn't like them playing football or baseball vice-versa.Thats why Slyvester quit.Something wrong there.There seems to be a power struggle.

Clinton's offensive strength (passing) plays to the Indians stong suit on Defense (the secondary). That could be fun to watch.

Spear, about the arm tackling against Farragut. In my opionion, after the Admirals scored on the opening drive of the second half, DB was trying to strip the ball the rest of the game. And it made for some very poor tackeling indeed. #31 for Farragut is a hoss, but all of their RB's were good and fast.

Time to earn your keep G Man, we are pulling for you.

Roll Tribe Roll

as good as darian is i still dont think id label the passing game as our strength because of the talented Mr. Weston and company. between him, darian and austin powell the dragons have an amazing running game so id have to say its def our strength with an almost as strong passing game with several big playmaking recievers and a great TE, its hard to believe the amount of weapons this team has this year.

I heard DB had a lot of good football players,but coach Morgan the basketball coach doesn't like them playing football or baseball vice-versa.Thats why Slyvester quit.Something wrong there.There seems to be a power struggle.

There are many fine athletes walking the halls at DB (or have transferred to other Sullivan County schools) because DB has serious problems with their good ole boy coaching system. Not just football but across the board. One of the biggest problems is Morgan and Ritz will coerce a kid into playing one sport. They let them know that they will be sitting the bench if they don’t focus on their sport only. It is the rare kid who is not intimidated and will go on to play multiple sports. If that isn’t enough, our other, more looming problem (and one that several years ago I would have argued would never happen) is we have some daddy ball going on. It seems GC is trying to get his kids picture on the walls @ DB. It is starting to show in the W-L column and it is only going to get worse. #14 is a becoming a good defensive player, but that is all he brings to the table. He doesn’t have the skills to be out there in any other position. Think back to last year, McMinn County, when things started to go haywire – he had the ball thrown to #14….. WTF? I know I am opening a big can of worms here, but I am not the only parent who feels this way. We talk about it quietly because we don’t want to screw our kids out of a spot. But know that there are a lot of frustrated parents and players and we all keep quiet ‘cuz we know it is a battle we can’t win – I mean even the A.D. has a kid who is taking a varsity seat away from some better athlete on the basketball team.

I have to agree that both the passing and running game is on about the same level for Clinton. I cant believe how many tackels weston broke against halls. Kids would latch on to him and he would throw them off with ease. Clinton didnt really show the passing game that much against halls because the run was wroking to well. Powell is gonna be a special player and I think everyone in the stands knew that friday night. He gets a little bit bigger....watch out. I dont know if Clinton will bring out the passing game friday night because i heard DB has a really good secondary. I think this game will be tight but in the end i think Clinton still has to many playmakers. Clinton shouldnt take this game lightly in no means cause DB had always had great players. Good luck DB and Clinton. Hoplefully the game is injury free for both teams.

Roll Tribe i don't know who you are or your kid is but if you can't tell Rusty Clark is a football player you are blind. I've not been a big fan of coach Clark in the last few years but i kn ow that he knows that Rusty is developing into one of our best players. It's people like you who will screw Rusty out of playing time when we need him because GC will be afraid people like you will talk about him showing favorites. Now, if your kid is riding the pine behind Rusty he might want to pick another position or even another sport. Good hands and always in position on defense,what's bad about that? I'm not taking up for GC but merely stating the facts. Roll Tribe Roll.................

Roll Tribe i don't know who you are or your kid is but if you can't tell Rusty Clark is a football player you are blind. I've not been a big fan of coach Clark in the last few years but i kn ow that he knows that Rusty is developing into one of our best players. It's people like you who will screw Rusty out of playing time when we need him because GC will be afraid people like you will talk about him showing favorites. Now, if your kid is riding the pine behind Rusty he might want to pick another position or even another sport. Good hands and always in position on defense,what's bad about that? I'm not taking up for GC but merely stating the facts. Roll Tribe Roll.................

I will have to agree with you on this 91. I am aggravated at mostly the play calls and choices of Friday's game but, Rusty has earned him keep. He works extremley hard and I feel it shows. I was not complaining in my last post. I really would like for someone to explain these things to me. If you have a different view point on my take of the game, please let me hear it. I'm not trying to start a thread war, I would really like to understand because I feel as if what I saw is just plain common sense.

I will have to agree with you on this 91. I am aggravated at mostly the play calls and choices of Friday's game but, Rusty has earned him keep. He works extremley hard and I feel it shows. I was not complaining in my last post. I really would like for someone to explain these things to me. If you have a different view point on my take of the game, please let me hear it. I'm not trying to start a thread war, I would really like to understand because I feel as if what I saw is just plain common sense.

Nation, i think it's obvious to see what we need to do against good teams and that is you have to be able to pass as well as run when you get into the playoffs. You must be diverse. The problem is, we are going to keep running the ball all year and not get the experience we will need come playoff time because we won't have to pass much to beat the other teams in our conferense. I just wish our coaches could see this. Let's go back to shotgun with split backs and establish the pass first and then run. CS is better in the eye formation and JB better on the sweep or option with his speed. Short passes across the middle to RC AND SS will set up the long pass to DS. I don't think this is very abstract in my thinking, so why should it be hard for the coaches to see. I think the coaches are going to let CS get the rushing record and then the light will come on. Hopefully our young line will have grown up by then. I also heard that our offense had the first 10 plays scripted for the Farragut game. Does anyone else think we should scrap that idea goiing forward? Duh.... Roll Tribe Roll........