Clinton @ Dobyns Bennett

coonhunter292

It seems from reading that Clinton runs the spread. If Clinton runs it like South then the only choice is to pick your poison and hope your own offense can keep up. With one exception....I think Watson had the quantitative answer to that one. DB has the patent on the spread killer i.e. 2006. Is Chris injury prone? If not then he needs to play D also. Look at Clinton's history. How many times did they fumble last year...the year before. If they protect the ball well then make them pass. 3 things can happen when you throw the ball.

Knox West did something against South that would be my first line for the secondary if I were a coach. They played bump-n-run. They slowed our WR's just enough that our QB had to make alternate decisions. That just so happens to be his forte' but not commonly so with most HS QB's. The problem with their bump-n-run technique was that it was not ruthless enough. If the WR is slowed it's one thing but if he is grounded then he is out of the picture. Couple that with DB's patented Watson 2006 method and IMO you have a workable situation. If Clinton is smart they will run it down your throat all night but the temptation to work on their passing game is a treat they will want to get under their belt before week 3. Like I said, choose your poison. As well you must develop new go to athletes now. Just a Southers view. I wish you good fortune with Clinton and I would love to see the game. With the right manipulation I feel you are in the game.

You really do make a valid point.... actually thats an awesome idea for making a spread team one sided... bumping the recievers and slowing them down might be DB's only chance at taking some of Clintons weapons away... but once again if Clinton has to run it down your throat, believe me they will... Ask Halls

Easy to say that Clinton will run it down their throats but a lot harder to do when you're at J Fred Johnson Stadium. The patented DB defense will show up. Man on man and blitz everyone. If DB gets a lead in this game which I think they will because Clinton is no Farragut, you better watch out because it could get ugly.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree you guys will def have home field advantage.. fair enough... heres the deal when you talk about farragut having better athletes (and dont get me wrong i know this wasnt a real game and wasnt full contact) but clinton out athleted farragut bad... in the 7 on 7 league clintons offense out scored the "talented" admirals 7 touchdowns to farraguts 0 touchdowns... if you guys had a problem with their athletes.. your really gonna have an issue with Clintons

I do agree you guys will def have home field advantage.. fair enough... heres the deal when you talk about farragut having better athletes (and dont get me wrong i know this wasnt a real game and wasnt full contact) but clinton out athleted farragut bad... in the 7 on 7 league clintons offense out scored the "talented" admirals 7 touchdowns to farraguts 0 touchdowns... if you guys had a problem with their athletes.. your really gonna have an issue with Clintons

That does it kid,the game has been called because DB's field is to muddy to play on this week,and we can't get a bus to come over there.Really,we are playing you guys because of all your great athletes and coaches.That's what we will need to become a better team,and I hope we remember the first couple of games all year.There are a lot of teams past this week that have good athletes and would love to beat DB,and they don't care what kind of team DB has.From the outset,I've said that if we can do a simular job that the team did two years ago and get to the playoffs,who knows what can happen.I will now answer the strenth coach question and explain the difference some schools have on us.Coach Barrett works the guys in the weight room and a lot of it is speed drills and lower body work,with some upper body work as well,{but the time is limited},so I can't blame him for our players not being supermen.I know for a fact that most of the kids at South go to atleast a couple of different gyms on their own time and put in the extra work it takes to be the strongest team in our conference.What to do ? I don't know if the weight room is open for the guys to come in on their own time,but if it's not,it should be after school when the season is over for those that can't get to a gym or have one at home.Pushups,setups and running on their own should be a given.The coaches can only do so much ,but I think more should fall back on our players and their home work ethic. Man,we got kids that drive better cars than a lot of parents,so they have NO excuse not to be at a gym on their own time like the South team .Again we can make the weight room open more in the off season and weekends right now for those that can't get to a gym or don't know how to do setups,pushups and run on their own{I bet it allready is}..

The much talked about home field advantage at DB does not exist. Sure the atmosfere is great but I've never noticed that DB plays any better at home or that the opposing team plays any worse. If anything I'd say the opposing team actually plays better here. And J. Fred is the site of all the famous 1 & done's that you've heard about. I don't think DB's line is going to control the line of scrimmage against anybody this year. Even Volunteer knocked us on our duffs in the Jamboree. We have a good Quarterback and a good running back and a couple of other good players that don't see much action and thats about it. Theres alot going on with the program from top to bottom that just defies logic. We have Jr's and Sr's. that don't know how to tackle and offensive linemen that can't block. Our guys don't look like they've seen a weight room. Im not blaming the players here. This problem goes all the way back to middle school and reaches to the top at DB.

It seems from reading that Clinton runs the spread. If Clinton runs it like South then the only choice is to pick your poison and hope your own offense can keep up. With one exception....I think Watson had the quantitative answer to that one. DB has the patent on the spread killer i.e. 2006. Is Chris injury prone? If not then he needs to play D also. Look at Clinton's history. How many times did they fumble last year...the year before. If they protect the ball well then make them pass. 3 things can happen when you throw the ball.

Knox West did something against South that would be my first line for the secondary if I were a coach. They played bump-n-run. They slowed our WR's just enough that our QB had to make alternate decisions. That just so happens to be his forte' but not commonly so with most HS QB's. The problem with their bump-n-run technique was that it was not ruthless enough. If the WR is slowed it's one thing but if he is grounded then he is out of the picture. Couple that with DB's patented Watson 2006 method and IMO you have a workable situation. If Clinton is smart they will run it down your throat all night but the temptation to work on their passing game is a treat they will want to get under their belt before week 3. Like I said, choose your poison. As well you must develop new go to athletes now. Just a Southers view. I wish you good fortune with Clinton and I would love to see the game. With the right manipulation I feel you are in the game.

You really do make a valid point.... actually thats an awesome idea for making a spread team one sided... bumping the recievers and slowing them down might be DB's only chance at taking some of Clintons weapons away... but once again if Clinton has to run it down your throat, believe me they will... Ask Halls

Easy to say that Clinton will run it down their throats but a lot harder to do when you're at J Fred Johnson Stadium. The patented DB defense will show up. Man on man and blitz everyone. If DB gets a lead in this game which I think they will because Clinton is no Farragut, you better watch out because it could get ugly.

the only thing that makes clinton "no farragut" is depth, top athlete for top athlete i guarantee you that clintons are equal if not superior, its when you go down the line obviously farragut is gonna have more at each position because we all know they dress about 80 for each game and clinton dresses about 40. And saying clinton will run it down your throat might have been a lofty prediction in years past but with this years star studded backfield its really a pretty legit statement, there arent many teams around that can cope with the speed and power of hazlehurst and the dual threat ability of stone, both are supreme athletes with great supporting casts that amount to one of the best offenses in the state. combine that with a pretty diverse offensive playbook with enough formations to throw off even the best coached D and youve got a heck of a squad. Id like to also point out that while they "are no farragut" theyre ranked 5th in the prepxtra are, one spot behind farragut so dont go into this game thinkin its gonna be a cake walk, this isnt the clinton of years past. all that being said i look forward to this game and am making the 2 hour drive to be in attendance. Im still going with the dragons in a shoot-out 33-27, GO DRAGONS!!!

Ethel,our visitor stands just reach out to about the 37 yard line{ONE WAY},and they are the lightweight cheep things that could be nearly used for a blocking sled.Come early or come after the half when a couple thousand band parents will leave.If I'm wrong,I'll admit it after the game.

Speaking of the visitors stands, couldn't you all buy some new ones or do you just keep the crappy ones to keep the visitors from showing up? :thumb:

Ethel,our visitor stands just reach out to about the 37 yard line{ONE WAY},and they are the lightweight cheep things that could be nearly used for a blocking sled.Come early or come after the half when a couple thousand band parents will leave.If I'm wrong,I'll admit it after the game.

Speaking of the visitors stands, couldn't you all buy some new ones or do you just keep the crappy ones to keep the visitors from showing up? :thumb:

We needed a crossover on center street to protect our athetes and kids that walk to school that way.Yes we needed some new stands for the visitors and work on the home side. as well. Instead,we got a pretty parking lot that gives us less space and takes twice as long to use. :thumb:

Speaking of the visitors stands, couldn't you all buy some new ones or do you just keep the crappy ones to keep the visitors from showing up? :lol:

We needed a crossover on center street to protect our athetes and kids that walk to school that way.Yes we needed some new stands for the visitors and work on the home side. as well. Instead,we got a pretty parking lot that gives us less space and takes twice as long to use. :roflolk:

So will you save me a seat next year right beside you so I don't have to sit on those old rickety bleachers? :blush:

Yell,I'd say there will be a lot of people sitting in the baseball stands next year.Maybe they can open the field up and people can bring there lawn chairs like funfest.

That would be great. We could even get a big name like Aaron Tippin to have a concert before the game just like it was really Funfest. Dual rebel flags whippin in the wind!! :roflolk: