Sevier County at Halls

1moreopinion

For Halls to win friday night, they can not turn the ball over. I think Halls needs to use the pass to set up their run. Halls averaged 2.3 yrds a carry against Clinton. Their defense played very well most of the game. If Halls can put the Clinton game behind them and come out with the same intensity they did last friday night, i expect a close game. Halls 21 SC 20

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that SC is playing us at home. I don't think they'll be able to exploit us with the pass like they did last year. The key on defense then will be buttressing the DL. If I'm a Halls opponent that's where I'm going to focus. If SC has any kind of running game at all then the outcome could be less than satisfactory (from my perspective).

That is an interesting observation about the Red Devils D Line. Whenever I think of Halls I am always reminded of a physical, aggressive defense that is near impossible to run on with any consistent success. Don't really know how good our running game is this year (modest 3.5 yards average on 31 attempts last week) because most of our damage was done thru the air. I do know that we do not have near the running athletes that Clinton has so that coupled with past experience leads me to believe that we will struggle running the ball again (shoot we couldn't hardly run last year and that was with Patrick Miller running rough shod thru your young secondary). Should be pretty entertaining seeing how all of this plays out with SC's strength pitted against Halls strength.

And as is usually the case when we line it up with Halls our defense will be tested once again by their WingT and zone blocking. Even though we had moderate success slowing down WB's version of the WingT (their TO's also had a hand in it too), the Red Devils have perefected the art of time consuming, ball control drives.

On a side note, we have never been known for our great kick off coverage units but I sure do hope it gets better quick because it was pretty anemic last week (even by our lowly standards).

That is an interesting observation about the Red Devils D Line. Whenever I think of Halls I am always reminded of a physical, aggressive defense that is near impossible to run on with any consistent success. Don't really know how good our running game is this year (modest 3.5 yards average on 31 attempts last week) because most of our damage was done thru the air. I do know that we do not have near the running athletes that Clinton has so that coupled with past experience leads me to believe that we will struggle running the ball again (shoot we couldn't hardly run last year and that was with Patrick Miller running rough shod thru your young secondary). Should be pretty entertaining seeing how all of this plays out with SC's strength pitted against Halls strength.

And as is usually the case when we line it up with Halls our defense will be tested once again by their WingT and zone blocking. Even though we had moderate success slowing down WB's version of the WingT (their TO's also had a hand in it too), the Red Devils have perefected the art of time consuming, ball control drives.

On a side note, we have never been known for our great kick off coverage units but I sure do hope it gets better quick because it was pretty anemic last week (even by our lowly standards).

That's spoken in the true spirit of Lou Holtz poor-mouthing. If all that is the case, how do the Bears ever hope to win a game?

:roflol: Best of luck to both teams this week. Was a tough match-up early on for you guys against Clinton. and it does'nt take much to let a game slip away. I am a huge S.C. fan and hope you guys fall asleep again but also hope that the Bears don't fall asleep as well. I always enjoy this match up between these two teams. Totally diffrent styles of play. Which makes the game more interesting. If Halls can run the ball and have good secondary play the game will be very close. S.C. is much improved on the offensive side of the ball this year with some pretty good skill players. And Zach Flynn was wonderful last week.

He was 13 for 17 passing for 295 yds last week. Which 265 yds came in the first half of play. and started 12 for 12 before an incompletion. Which was completed to 8 diffrent receivers. So they have some good skill players this yr. But like always halls has a great clock control offense. So this one will be very close I believe this yr.

Sevier Co. 17 Halls 14 Hope everyone has a safe trip to the game this friday and I hope that all the players stay well hydrated and end the game on a safe note..

Yay , an accurate prediction. Good game all the way around just wish those refs would have kept the flags in there pocket on some plays. Not only did we have to watch a boring WingT but we had to see alot of yellow hankies. GEEZ :roflol:

The little feller done done it again. Two delay flags, come on coaches get a clue what needs to be done. The good ole boy crap needs to stop if we wont to have achance to win games.

Lets look at some football powerhouses and there records. DB 0-2, Maryville lost two stright, Halls 0-2 (well not apowerhouse anymore), Gibbs 2-0. If they beat the devils, I'll streak down the middle of the field on senior night.

If who beats the Devils? Gibbs? Might want to look at the schedule. If Gibbs beats Halls it would be an absolute miracle since they don't play. Doubt you'll be streaking down the middle of the field on Senior Night. Halls coaches have to do a better job of getting these kids in a better position to win.

I'm not a Halls guy but I do go to alot of their games because they are close. I may start going down Emory Road a little farther on Friday nights to watch Gibbs or Powell, at least their coaching staffs are apparently giving them a good chance to win. Hope Halls figures it out because I love the atmosphere there when they are competitive, but two delay of game penalties in a row to get them out of field goal range late in the game is just unacceptable.

One thing I did like was the head coach taking credit for it in the paper, trying to take some pressure off of his offensive coordinator who is taking ALOT of heat on here and in the community.

I agree on two points. The delay of games shot us in the foot. We have to trust the QB to get signals from transfering in and out a receiver or Running back with the play so he is ready to roll. That has been a thorn in our side for far to long. I know it won't change this year but I'm hopeful for the future.

Second point I admire KJ. For as long as I remember he also takes the blame. That my friends is a stand up coach and one who is respected by both his peers and media. Takes the heat off the young players.

Causes for concern passed 21 times completed 6. Has Halls ever passed that much in one game in over a decade? I think we would be hard pressed to find those stats even in the Matt Loy days. Go figure.

Then I realized looking in the sentinel we ran the ball 29 times for 82 yards that isn't Halls numbers at all. 2.82 yards per carry. We have good looking backs but we miss the Caleb Leonards on our line to open up the holes.

Now the scary part our pass defense was exploited for 144 yards in the air that's CAK type numbers. Two picks were good but this was our strong suit last week against the formidable Stone.(look what he did this week against DB). We must keep working hard for the big matchup against Powell.

Wow is all I can say.

Sevier Co freshmen pulled it out and won 14 - 8. Sevier Co JV lost to Halls 26 (ish) to ). Kinda hard to tell what the score was with no scoreboard and clock. These kids, on both teams, work just as hard as varsity guys do and I think they deserve to have the game operated just the same. I know the first game at Sevier County, the clock was broken but at least the score was posted. This was like paying for a scrimmage, then, one of our parents had to go to Weigle's and buy a bag of ice for an injury. Wow!

Wow is all I can say.

Sevier Co freshmen pulled it out and won 14 - 8. Sevier Co JV lost to Halls 26 (ish) to ). Kinda hard to tell what the score was with no scoreboard and clock. These kids, on both teams, work just as hard as varsity guys do and I think they deserve to have the game operated just the same. I know the first game at Sevier County, the clock was broken but at least the score was posted. This was like paying for a scrimmage, then, one of our parents had to go to Weigle's and buy a bag of ice for an injury. Wow!

Wow...hate you had such a bad experience not being able to keep up with the score....just to give you a heads up so that you will get use to it...Freshman and JV games anywhere you may be will not always have the clock going...just part of it so get use to it. THey are not varsity and don't expect the same outcome.

I might also refer to your comment as "Wow is all I can say"...let me use this comment of yours in regards to your Sevier County to the total lack of sportsmanship that was shown by parents/players/fans Friday night. I would be embarrassed as a SC resident to even have the gumption to post anything on here after the example the parents in the stands led Friday night. If you were one of those parents in the stands, you should be ashamed, if you werent then you should still be ashamed by having association with the program. Halls had a kid down and all your parents/fans could do was stand up and scream at the officials because of what they felt was a bad call having no respect to the injured player on the field. SC players did not take a knee. Rule of thumb...if a player is down, you as a player take a knee and show respect! As a coach, you show respect and put your players on their knees (something SC coaches should have taught in little league!) As a parent or fan in the stands, you hope and pray that the injured player comes off the field without big injuries. At NO time do you stand up yelling at the officials because you felt they made a bad call while a kid is down! You show respect. As someone who lives in Halls, you will never see a time where Halls players do not take a knee and show respect for an injured player on either team. You will never see a Halls person in the stands acting like complete idiots while a kid is down on the field because of a play. Your kids will react by examples...I can see why #7 on SC ran his mouth the whole time on the field, they obviously learned by example. So, as a Halls fan for MANY, MANY, MANY years, once again I am proud of the Halls players who played their guts out Friday night and to the fans and parents as they know how to act and show respect in a good sportsman like manner win or lose....You as a parent of the Sevier County program...I wouldn't be bragging!

Banter, some of us Halls folks have even groused about the failure of the Halls administration to run the clock during the freshmen and JV games. My experience is that most of our opponents in the past have indeed run the clock/scoreboard when we play away. It wouldn't take much for a couple of guys to do that at Halls. Some of the parents have even asked if they could do so but they've been told they could not.

While I'm on a complaining rant :twisted: , let me point out what I think is a very positive thing that the Powell coaching administration requires -- ALL coaches must be at every game Powell plays, whether it's varsity, JV or freshmen.

:roflol: Ya , I also noticed 2 or 3 Sevier County players hobbling off the field from dirty knee shots in that game. So before you go pointing some excuses and fingers at some fans or programs you should probably examine you're own. Thank You very much. After a whistle is blown maybe you should mention the after play roll on knee experiences those players received from you're Halls players. And #7 was probably still a little upset from the same incident that you're Halls players tried to do to him. Later on in that game. I have never seen a Sevier County Program or team in my years ever act that way towards any program and they are all great sportmanship players. And Mr.Brewer would never teach such acts. But when you get knee shots after plays and questionable flags in situations emotions run high and players do some things. And honestly I am very sorry #10 got rocked on a clean shot in that play but he and # 3 on you're Halls team had been jawing all night along with some dirty knee shots. I am glad you're receiver was ok. I have always considered a Halls program to have athletes and well respected in many peoples views and have always enjoyed you're guys program but pointing the fingers. And attacking someone on this thread for posting an update of interest for everyone to see is aggrevating you seen with you're own eyes the same as S.C. fans that the game was improperly played on both sides. More on the Halls and officiating to be exactly honest. And Sevier County still won.!! :twisted: