Huntingdon vs. Milan

stang50

Im really trying to figure out where i am bad mouthing anyone. I said he made a poor coaching play. A single play and im the devil. Its amazing how a non bias person make a comment and he's so wrong. I never reposted anything but then you get in and say stay away from your town and community. WOW.. would it be different if I commended his vast improvment on special teams, but wait the players did that not him, right,since he didnt make the turnovers cant credit him for fixing the problems from the westview game. See it can go both ways. I never said anything remotely negative about Swenson, Ive met him a few times and he is a really good guy, but he made a poor judgment call, no one is perfect but in coaching you are the one that gets the glory or takes the heat. My coach taught me that players win games and coaches lose them, that comes from a D-1 ncaa coach.

I was trying to figure out who in town would be stupid enough to come up with the things you said and try to validate it by throwing in a D-1 comment. Then it hit me.....My grandson and I laughed for thirty min. when we figured it out. You need to have another donut and go away. :flower:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnovers no doubt hurt Huntingdon, but the one area where Huntingdon seems to always struggle is special teams. Players are going to fumble and throw interceptions that is just part of the game. But there is no excuse for Huntingdon's poor special teams play. Milan constantly forced Huntingdon to drive the length of the field with deep kickoffs and punting. Huntingdon's inability to kickoff and field punts hurt them badly. One punt that should have been caught at the 40 yd. line bounced 30 yds inside the 10 yd line. I understand that last week vs. Westview that the Mustangs had two kickoffs returned for touchdowns. Milan had average starting field position on or about the 50 yd line. Huntingdon average starting field position was about their 20 yd line all night. Teams that play on the shorter field will always win in football no matter what level. In the big picture it won't matter Huntingdon has a cake walk to the 1A Gold Ball!

I was trying to figure out who in town would be stupid enough to come up with the things you said and try to validate it by throwing in a D-1 comment. Then it hit me.....My grandson and I laughed for thirty min. when we figured it out. You need to have another donut and go away.

please justify your statement because im trying to see what is stupid. I didnt agree with his play in the game. I never said anything about him being a bad coach or disrespected the team. Its stupid old people like you that think that a just because im a person from outside your circle of know it alls you have the right to disrespect anyone with an opinion. My final comment on this page will be that I think those boys deserve the upmost respect and credit for the way they played. Coach did a great job on getting them ready and improved the special teams greatly. Still doesnt change the fact that any one that knows football would have lined up and beat them the way that worked all night, not a trick play. I do think these guys will go far into state. Good luck next week guys.

Ok ok time to move on.. Huntingdon football is back the mustangs are for real and finally has the community support we been lackin past few years. Milan, great game and good luck the rest of the season we both have the rest of the season to finish so lets move on and worry bout bruceton. there not a team we should take likely gotta prepare for them just as we would milan. lets stop arguin and get on to week 2!

You are 100% on the button you have a great football town and should be proud! You played the second ranked team in their class toe to toe! That showed me and all the sports writers around the state that Huntingdon is for real! This game i know you wanted to win but you have a good coaching staff and a load of good players on the team! This game is over stop jabbing at each other and forget it! I am not from Carroll county but i been around this game years and years! I played back in the day in the Big ten Conference and you have a great football town! Know doubt in my mind that the Mustangs will be hard to handle the rest of the year! I will be back to watch them play again before the year is out! A great atmosphere and friendly folks! Good luck to the Mustangs the rest of the year!! :popcorneater:

I was trying to figure out who in town would be stupid enough to come up with the things you said and try to validate it by throwing in a D-1 comment. Then it hit me.....My grandson and I laughed for thirty min. when we figured it out. You need to have another donut and go away.

please justify your statement because im trying to see what is stupid. I didnt agree with his play in the game. I never said anything about him being a bad coach or disrespected the team. Its stupid old people like you that think that a just because im a person from outside your circle of know it alls you have the right to disrespect anyone with an opinion. My final comment on this page will be that I think those boys deserve the upmost respect and credit for the way they played. Coach did a great job on getting them ready and improved the special teams greatly. Still doesnt change the fact that any one that knows football would have lined up and beat them the way that worked all night, not a trick play. I do think these guys will go far into state. Good luck next week guys.

Huntingdon was on their own 35 yard line with roughly 1 min left in the game. Not sure but think they had one TO left. Holder by all accounts has the strongest arm on the team, I think at one time there were plans for him to play qb. He was throwing to our best receiver, thompson, and from my vantage point thompson was behind the safety.Looked like the same play he ran in the state championship game from Donald to Weathers. If coach had chosen to beat them as you say as he had done all night he would have ran the ball down their throats. Unlikely to happen with one min. left. Coach knows his boys and I sure wouldn't second guess his knowledge of offense.

I have been ignoring the comment about the halfback pass since Friday night and can't ignore it any longer. I host the Carroll County Ford Sportscenter on the AM radio station in twon. Since the Jamboree I have Coach Swenson with me and we are calling it the Eric Swenson show until the completion of the football season. I asked him the thinking behind that play Saturday. (1 he felt Milan would be thinking that Huntingdon would try Holder outside and hope he would break a long one. (2 Holder does have a cannon and Coach said Thompson was open initially and Holder just underthrew it. This was not a bad coaching decision. It was bad execution. Coach stated this after reviewing film and felt it could have been a touchdown. There are calls in every game that fail because of poor execution becuase these kids are 15,16,17 years old. This is a team that could have folded early in both of their games and in all honesty should be 2-0 after playing the #3 and #2 teams in class 3A. Mustangs with the attitude these players have will be playing into December.