OOLTEWAH VS AUSTIN EAST

PRIMETIME OWL

Coming into this game, you all stated, Ootlewah rolls by 30 or 40 points... I told you all, don't take AE lightly and AE gave you a scared, they should've won this game.. Costly mistakes caused them this game but OWL fans you better be careful when you're making these predictions.

AE band :motorbike: what is going on? Come on Ms. Brice you got to get these kids to the game.. The fans feed off the band, and the players feed off the crowd.... Help them out get to the game and stay to the end!!!

I didn't read through the prediction nor make any - AE has plenty of talent... like a Brainerd or Howard... but overall that usual doesn't translate into the best of teams (comparing to the bigger schools of course).

But it was obvious to anyone who watched the game that Ooltewah's offense was the main reason this game was close - AE put up a fight no doubt - but if Ooltewah played half decent on offense they would have won this game by 21+. Ooltewah has no pass protection this year to go along with no real threat at QB.

I don't want to take away from AE - but the reason AE was in this game was because of Ooltewah. Just like last year - this will cost Ooltewah come playoff times big if they can't get things rolling. Hard to believe Monroe can't get the offense clicking with all that talent he has - it's not like the talent is only on the defensive side of the ball at Ooltewah (but you would think it was that way). It's still early though - we'll see.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming into this game, you all stated, Ootlewah rolls by 30 or 40 points... I told you all, don't take AE lightly and AE gave you a scared, they should've won this game.. Costly mistakes caused them this game but OWL fans you better be careful when you're making these predictions.

AE band :D what is going on? Come on Ms. Brice you got to get these kids to the game.. The fans feed off the band, and the players feed off the crowd.... Help them out get to the game and stay to the end!!!

FIRST of all.....owls offense is horrible,not calling out anyone player or whatever,but that was the worst excuse for a Benny Monroe team,I've ever see or heard of(OFFENSIVELY). :motorbike: banged up,young whatever excuse you want to use,that was as bad as an offense,I seen in a while! OWLS Defense is second to none(thank god!!) Monroe isn't stupid,he'll fix what he can by next week.I think A-E has a great DEFENSE,but when owls suck that bad,anyone could look good.A-E will do very well this year.....owls?

AE band :D what is going on? Come on Ms. Brice you got to get these kids to the game.. The fans feed off the band, and the players feed off the crowd.... Help them out get to the game and stay to the end!!!

FIRST of all.....owls offense is horrible,not calling out anyone player or whatever,but that was the worst excuse for a Benny Monroe team,I've ever see or heard of(OFFENSIVELY). :motorbike: banged up,young whatever excuse you want to use,that was as bad as an offense,I seen in a while! OWLS Defense is second to none(thank god!!) Monroe isn't stupid,he'll fix what he can by next week.I think A-E has a great DEFENSE,but when owls suck that bad,anyone could look good.A-E will do very well this year.....owls?

Basically.

AE band :motorbike: what is going on? Come on Ms. Brice you got to get these kids to the game.. The fans feed off the band, and the players feed off the crowd.... Help them out get to the game and stay to the end!!!

Shelly, sounds to me like A-E choked, I know Owl fan likes to think they are better than they really are, but did the Runners have a chance to get a tough road W and blow it??

I knew this would be the best game in the East this night.

AE band :roflol: what is going on? Come on Ms. Brice you got to get these kids to the game.. The fans feed off the band, and the players feed off the crowd.... Help them out get to the game and stay to the end!!!

Shelly, sounds to me like A-E choked, I know Owl fan likes to think they are better than they really are, but did the Runners have a chance to get a tough road W and blow it??

I knew this would be the best game in the East this night.

They didn't choke. They just don't have a kicker.

Ooltewah probably isn't as good as advertised but is still a top team and did not play anywhere close to the type of team they are - but how about you take the word of people who actually saw the game.

AE would have never had the opportunities to "choke" (" " because there was no choking) if not for the crappy TOs in their own territory (by Ooltewah that is) and miserable performance by the Ooltewah offense - and when I saw miserable... it was probably the worst than any I've seen in the past 5-6 years included the ownage in the semis last year.

The game plan and play calling was as bad as the execution. 3 straight passes when we get the ball on their 30 yard line and our passing game is the definition of failure? Brady Reed had the only 1st down of the first half and that was on a scramble. Several bad penalties by the offense as well killed them.

The fact that AE couldn't win and had Ooltewah's defense on the field that long really and they were deep in Owl's territory several times and had several gifts given to them speaks volumes about this defensive squad this year.

But believe what you want - seems like you fall into the category of a 'hater' to begin with and want them to fail.

My thoughts on tonight's game:

1) This game featured 2 of the best defensive front 7s in East Tennessee, they dominated the game.

2) Ooltewah's Jordan Patty is playing like he did as a sophomore (13 tackles tonight, 28 in 2 games), and that is a VERY good thing. His hit on Oggs in the first quarter changed the game and hurt his effectiveness. He wasn't the same the rest of the night (AE's PAT was a prime example).

3) Brady Reed is not forcing the issue. He's protecting the ball and letting things come to him. That is a good sign. He had a couple of key runs in the game to keep drives alive, including the Owls' TD drive).

4) The Ooltewah OL was hurting some with the starting LT out with a broken thumb (Combs, I believe. He did have surgery on it today) which hurt the blocking scheme. But they HAVE to improve.

5) Austin-East did shoot themselves in the foot quite a bit. They did have 8 penalties which all were either an illegal procedure or 12 men in the huddle. Going 1-for-4 in the red zone with once being a turnover on downs and the other 2 being interceptions is not going to help your cause.

6) It was Week 1 people.

7) Both teams have excellent speed and that negated each other.

8) Both teams will continue to get better on O, but both teams' D will keep them in games.

9) John Long was inconsistent with his punting, but kickoffs were excellent again.

10) Austin-East - two words - Pickle juice

That's it for now, time to move on. Ooltewah gets preped for Soddy-Daisy and Austin East gets ready for Fulton. Big rivalry games for both, and good luck to the Roadrunners the rest of the way, hope to see you in Cookeville.

I know owl fans are home by now.......so let's hear.They must be as embarassed and ashamed as I am.I want someone with some real info or something to explain to me,Why the heck do,we not play 2 QBs?NOT TO SLAM BRADY!,but just to mix it up or something,maybe spark that hungry,competive "FIRE",All owl fans are used to.Do something..might not work,but until a change is made every ball game will be this way........don't have to pull brady,but use 2 qbs or put in a couple of big defensive guys in on offense to block in key situations.Heck,put in option or veer and run all the running backs and athletes until,we have the tongues hanging out of the other team's defense. I don't know what to do,but we can't wait til playoffs to start thinking about it. I want to hear from "loveshighschoolfootball",hairy owl or 2seem,primetime,red,hornedowl,bipbop, :roflol: anybody even the hated "pride".......ooltewah has some awesome coaches,they will figure it out,I hope.

My thoughts on tonight's game:

1) This game featured 2 of the best defensive front 7s in East Tennessee, they dominated the game.

2) Ooltewah's Jordan Patty is playing like he did as a sophomore (13 tackles tonight, 28 in 2 games), and that is a VERY good thing. His hit on Oggs in the first quarter changed the game and hurt his effectiveness. He wasn't the same the rest of the night (AE's PAT was a prime example).

3) Brady Reed is not forcing the issue. He's protecting the ball and letting things come to him. That is a good sign. He had a couple of key runs in the game to keep drives alive, including the Owls' TD drive).

4) The Ooltewah OL was hurting some with the starting LT out with a broken thumb (Combs, I believe. He did have surgery on it today) which hurt the blocking scheme. But they HAVE to improve.

5) Austin-East did shoot themselves in the foot quite a bit. They did have 8 penalties which all were either an illegal procedure or 12 men in the huddle. Going 1-for-4 in the red zone with once being a turnover on downs and the other 2 being interceptions is not going to help your cause.

6) It was Week 1 people.

7) Both teams have excellent speed and that negated each other.

8) Both teams will continue to get better on O, but both teams' D will keep them in games.

9) John Long was inconsistent with his punting, but kickoffs were excellent again.

10) Austin-East - two words - Pickle juice

That's it for now, time to move on. Ooltewah gets preped for Soddy-Daisy and Austin East gets ready for Fulton. Big rivalry games for both, and good luck to the Roadrunners the rest of the way, hope to see you in Cookeville.

WHAT?!!!!!!...... :roflol:

What I meant was that none of the Ooltewah turnovers that happened were Brady's. No INT's, no fumbles. As for 2 QB's, I don't know why not. The offense is struggling right now, but to put the blame at the feet of Brady Reed is not the right answer at all, FatSak. If you have a question for me, you know where I sit on Friday nights.